Dan Connors Charged

Remove this Banner Ad

WoW,RR,used to deal BJ to him regurarly in the private saloons in the big house on southbank,late 90's - early 2000's,
hed start 5k x 1 box per hand and bump it up to 15k a hand (3 boxes x 5k) when on a lucky streak,hed play for 3-4 hrs straight and not even blink,let alone say a word,enjoyed his whiskey
It took me a moment to realise that BJ means Blackjack and not something else.....

WoW,RR,used to deal BJ to him regurarly in the private saloons in the big house on southbank,late 90's - early 2000's,
5849304276.jpg

Last edited:

From memory I recall Dan Connors getting into a fight at a bar whilst pissed at the teams hotel in Sydney when we were up there playing the Swannies. Club stewards had to cover it up from the media. Absolute loser that bloke, sadly a waste of a real talent. Could've been anything.

Hate to back media, but tbf pretty reasonable to mention Dusty in this - here's the full quote:

"But he was sacked by Richmond in 2012 after a string of off-field issues and rumours of his out-of-hours activities marred his career.

Connors was reportedly close friends with Richmond champion Dustin Martin, and his sacking was seen at the time - in part at least - as a safeguard for Martin amid concerns the eventual Brownlow medallist would end up in trouble via association."

Fair enough to mention this reasonable as they are mates, and Dusty and Dan were sanctioned for taking sleeping tablets and missing training - Dusty suspended, Dan shown the door.

*ing hate it when media drag big names in for no reason other than clicks, but don't think it's the case here.

Superfluous addition. He was a flog and was given every opportunity to have a crack at it. Nothing to do with Dusty whatsoever. The fact he was on the list for 5 years tells you the club did everything they could to help him.

This dusty s**t is total BS IMO. The flog was on thin ice no matter what.

Superfluous addition. He was a flog and was given every opportunity to have a crack at it. Nothing to do with Dusty whatsoever. The fact he was on the list for 5 years tells you the club did everything they could to help him.

This dusty s**t is total BS IMO. The flog was on thin ice no matter what.
Fair enough - personally as the sleeping tablets/partying with Dusty incident was thing that got him sacked, I think you have to mention it. But agree that he was on thin ice regardless

And Marty Mcrath?

Haha my memories of that debut were way different. Remembered him taking speckies and kicking goals out his ass. Tale of the tape is the kid got it all on a silver platter in an absolute rout. His set shot kicking is like my golf game, * knows where it's going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I remember Cousins thumping him one night, gave him a black eye or something like that..?

You’d have to be a pretty loose unit if a drug pig like Cousins whacks you for stepping over the line

Dan Connors , Carl Peterson , Troy Taylor , Sydney Stack

My God what a load of wasted talent
I’m not sure Carl Peterson had attitude issues did he? Certainly not in the same vein of the others listed, I might just not be remembering though

I’ve heard he gate crushed a young party , blind , big noting himself as a Richmond player trying to pick up underage girls one being related to someone within the club . Dimma found out , turned up and that was the final nail in his career . There are variations in what occurred when Dimma turned up, some have indicated Connors abused Dimma which resulted in a physical altercation that Connors didn’t win .

Dusty was in the same country.

I’ve heard he gate crushed a young party , blind , big noting himself as a Richmond player trying to pick up underage girls one being related to someone within the club . Dimma found out , turned up and that was the final nail in his career . There are variations in what occurred when Dimma turned up, some have indicated Connors abused Dimma which resulted in a physical altercation that Connors didn’t win .

Dusty was in the same country.

Jesus Christ, some people are just ****ed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesus Christ, some people are just ****ed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well yes they are and some afl players are really dumb

Callum Moore when he was in his 2nd year at Richmond approached my younger daughter at a night club (she doesnt usually go to clubs but went because it was her friends birthday)

After introducing himself and small talk asked her who she supports and she said Richmond his exact words were your going to love me
She replied why ? His answer was he is a Richmond player

She said i dont think so and he proceeded to show her a picture with him in it with the team
she said good luck and hope you do well - Bye

Remove this Banner Ad

Back