List Mgmt. Dan Hannebery - 5 year deal & Pick 28 to St.Kilda for Pick 39 & 2019 2nd Round Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was disappointing. Failed to mention the goat
Very disappointing indeed Simon.

Somebody sack the cooked campaigner already, he’s no Jelly Kelly.

Ian Stewart was 27 in 1970 and looked cooked. He had quite a few injuries and hadn’t played that well. We know that he fell out with Yabby and Richmond came courting. So in 1971 Stewart went to Richmond and we got Billy Barrot who was younger and fitter.

Richmond supporters mounted a protest and it looked like the Saints had put one over the Tiges. By mid season Barrot was gone, and Stewie was heading to his third Brownlow and a Premiership.

History is interesting. Situations are of course never the same, but Hannebury is still a relatively young guy. Stewart got re-energised by his Richmond move and I get the feeling Dan could be the same with us.

Don't understand the angst to be honest.

We aren't getting a Rolls in it's prime, nor are we paying for one.

His game is at a level and we pay accordingly. If he gets better, it's a bonus.

Frankly, I don't believe we pursued him because of he is elite.

It has more to do with the intangibles he brings in terms of example, training, leadership plus game day performance.

He is as close to replacing Lenny as you can get IMO.

So Hannebery looks set, and supposedly we’re front and centre for Shiel....

75900F17-7219-4901-B114-52C927533AB6.jpeg

I wonder if Jordan Roughead to us has any legs... or will Lewy score the first ruck gig?

Do Marshall and Battle oust Paddy and/or Bruce? Do Weller, Newnes or Acres demand spots?

What about Clark, Coffield and White...?

Some interesting questions...

Don't understand the angst to be honest.

We aren't getting a Rolls in it's prime, nor are we paying for one.

His game is at a level and we pay accordingly. If he gets better, it's a bonus.

Frankly, I don't believe we pursued him because of he is elite.

It has more to do with the intangibles he brings in terms of example, training, leadership plus game day performance.

He is as close to replacing Lenny as you can get IMO.

So what do we pay in trade?
A 4th rounder? 2 4th rounders? 3 4th rounders?

It's not like his name hasn't been thrown up all year. Saints are going to have to give something. Billings is just one of many names. He has underperformed but has potential to be a star. Hannerbery has runs on the board and will have an immediate impact even if he slowly declines throughout the contract it's still a win. If not Billings then who? That has some worth. Not sure why everyone's on the back foot.

Yes they have to trade someone.
Billings has underperformed but has potential to be a star.
Hanneberry has underperformed and has potential to recover some of his previous good form ( runs on the board ) before he retires.

They must be equal derp.....

FFS Billy Browness also has runs on the board.

you lost me at Longer ........
Longer is a woeful VFL ruck Hickey is that far ahead of Longer its comical .... jack Lonie on Luke Dunstans shoulders is a better ruck than Longer

Technically Longer is a good ruck. He's just bad at everything else.
Hickey's contested possessions and other work are more valuable than Longer's work around the ground.
Pierce has played one game that shows he could be a good combination of hitouts and around the ground work, but Longer manages to do it a few times a year too, so its a massive call to say Pierce is better than Longer.
Marshall is around as good at hitouts than Hickey, wins the ball and takes more marks than most of our players.

If we wanted a forward line with Bruce, Battle and Membrey, i'd choose Marshall as the number one ruck, he'd be a huge help at rebounding the ball from the backline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Hannebery looks set, and supposedly we’re front and centre for Shiel....

View attachment 560887

I wonder if Jordan Roughead to us has any legs... or will Lewy score the first ruck gig?

Do Marshall and Battle oust Paddy and/or Bruce? Do Weller, Newnes or Acres demand spots?

What about Clark, Coffield and White...?

Some interesting questions...
That full back line still worries me , the lack of class on that line is horrible and before some rant at me tell me which of those three are a good kick

Roberton?
Why is that , because he kicked two against the hawks in Tassie on day ? One of them was some form of drop punt that doesn't have a name , it was spinning all directions :p
Being serious , he isn't a good kick

He hates us for some reason. He just said on SEN that it shows how bad we are going when a tagger (Steele) finished 3rd in our BnF.

........ then went on to say you want to see a 23 or under making top 3 or b&fs coz it shows you have some base coming through....:huh:

He hates us for some reason. He just said on SEN that it shows how bad we are going when a tagger (Steele) finished 3rd in our BnF.
If he said that then he is a flog. It takes a rare talent to be able to tag effectively and also get a heap of the ball himself

west coast has two second round picks and one of them is gold coasts.
if you get that for hickey would you think that would be a fair trade for hanners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back