List Mgmt. Dan Hannebery - 5 year deal & Pick 28 to St.Kilda for Pick 39 & 2019 2nd Round Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea if hanners will get back to his best but what I do know is giving our players overs to get to 95% of the cap won’t and doesn’t work so we may as well give the money to a guy we know was a genuine star. Those wanting the perfect trade need to follow another club. Get hanners get sheil and definitely get up the ladder.

No idea if hanners will get back to his best but what I do know is giving our players overs to get to 95% of the cap won’t and doesn’t work so we may as well give the money to a guy we know was a genuine star. Those wanting the perfect trade need to follow another club. Get hanners get sheil and definitely get up the ladder.

I agree with this. If we don't get Hannebry and/or Shiel we'll end up having to pay Billings 750k and Dunstan 600k and go into next year with the same list plus whoever we get at pick 3/4.

David Armitage has had some good games behind him, and its a pity he missed a successful period, but you can bet that him and Sam Gilbert will both retire well off. Thats because these are the guys it makes sense to lump salary onto.

181004-Trade-Hero-Hannebery-holmesglen%20(1).jpg

St Kilda Football Club has secured the services of decorated midfielder Dan Hannebery after completing a trade with the Sydney Swans today.

The Saints received Hannebery and pick No. 28 in the 2018 AFL Draft in exchange for sending pick No. 39 (acquired from West Coast Eagles) and St Kilda’s future second-round selection to the Sydney Swans.

Hannebery’s five-year commitment to the Saints comes after 208 games for the Swans, including the 2012 premiership.

General Manager of Football Simon Lethlean said Hannebery was a great addition to St Kilda.

“Dan’s a highly-accomplished midfielder who will be a significant addition to our group,” Lethlean said.

“He will help the likes of Jack Steven, Seb Ross and Jack Steele enormously, but we’re also excited about what he can teach Jade Gresham and Hunter Clark.

“He is a respected leader and someone with a lot of finals experience, which will be invaluable for our young group on and off the field.

“I know he is eager to get started, and we’re equally eager to see the impact he can have in 2019 and beyond.”

The three-time All Australian said he was looking forward to starting a new chapter of his career with St Kilda.

“I loved my time at the Swans and will be forever grateful for the opportunities and experiences I had there,” Hannebery said.

“I moved to Sydney when I was 17 and now, 10 years later, it’s the perfect time for me to come back to my family in Melbourne and bring everything I’ve learned to what is a really exciting and promising playing group at the Saints.”

Hannebery was selected by the Swans with pick 30 in the 2008 AFL Draft and was crowned the NAB AFL Rising Star in 2010, before being named as an All Australian in 2013, 2015 and 2016.
http://www.saints.com.au/news/2018-10-12/hannebery-joins-st-kilda

If he can get back to anywhere near his best, this could be one of our greatest ever signings. I love the trade as it brings us well and truly back into the second round this year. I think we will go better next year - not saying we will make finals but the future second shouldn't hurt as much.

To have a guy that comes in as our second best midfielder is an outstanding get. Very excited about this.

Saints did well on this one, fingers crossed we can get him fit and back to all cylinders. could end up as a great one for us.

Nice trading sainters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

got to be happy with that saints! my favourite swan, a proper heart and soul player. hope he gets back to his best because hes a bloody good reason to watch footy.

12' grand final when he got crunched by mcevoy taking that mark back with the flight i will never forget.

good luck to you!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Saints played in the 2012 Granny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back