Opinion Dan Hannebery - he sold his house and we know!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
if he wants to leave he cannot say

he says all the right things

as long as he gives us good service while contracted then whatever will be will be and good luck to him.

agree 100% with all of that, I was merely challenging the belief that he will go, my feeling at the moment is that he will continue to be quite valuable to us well beyond his current contract, but we will see what happens.

agree 100% with all of that, I was merely challenging the belief that he will go, my feeling at the moment is that he will continue to be quite valuable to us well beyond his current contract, but we will see what happens.

I agree with you 100%

He seems unlikely to be the type to go to me.

I'm a bit in the dark with contracts, is his contract up at the end of this year or the end of 2016. I'm sure his best mate Buddy could convince him to stay.

I'm a bit in the dark with contracts, is his contract up at the end of this year or the end of 2016. I'm sure his best mate Buddy could convince him to stay.

End of 2016

Honest question, how is Travis Cloke's Ch9 deal that got announced close to his signing with the pies still going strong? It couldn't be more obvious that it was arranged by a member of the club.
Just like Essendon, the dog ate the homework.

Besides, it's Eddie. He runs the AFL, so if you think he's getting busted, you're dreaming.

Watch the video shown at this years AFL season launch and then tell me he wants to leave?

We are all talking about something he said in an interview when he re-signed with the club more as a throwaway line, than a "yes I will leave" line

I think there's a go home factor there for sure, especially if we win a flag in the next season or two.

But he's giving it his all for us, so no complaints.

This thread started out of a feeling in the waters and got to multiple pages..geez

What are you saying, that we're a bunch of old gossips with nothing better to do? Surely not ;) :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posts by trolls are deleted, and so are any replies. Nothing against the replies.

I was going to leave it, but people kept replying

Am I the only one who notices a bit of tension between Hanners and a few of the older players?

When Goodes missed him in the wing late against the Hawks, Dan's body language was poor and he clearly directed a few choice words at the great man.

We know how intense Hanners is and players show their frustration all the time BUT it just seems to be a bit more obvious with him.

Now this doesn't necessarily indicate he's any more or less likely to leave next year but he just doesn't seem to exude the enthusiasm that most of the boys do.

Perhaps I'm nuts?

Glad to have some mature discussion mate, well done.

Like I said I could be completely wrong and he could be everyone's bestie.

Just commenting on what I see on the pitch.

I know the incident you're talking about and I think he had every right to be disappointed with Goodes' kick. Can't say I've noticed it being a regular thing though. Haneberry seems as excited as anyone to be out there.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who notices a bit of tension between Hanners and a few of the older players?

When Goodes missed him in the wing late against the Hawks, Dan's body language was poor and he clearly directed a few choice words at the great man.

We know how intense Hanners is and players show their frustration all the time BUT it just seems to be a bit more obvious with him.

Now this doesn't necessarily indicate he's any more or less likely to leave next year but he just doesn't seem to exude the enthusiasm that most of the boys do.

Perhaps I'm nuts?
Not nuts. I saw the same incident and thought, gee Hanners, not like you've ever butchered a kick. Maybe a moment of frustration. Hopefully Goodesy gave him a wedgie in the change rooms after.

As to whether it means something about his state of mind. Nah. Hanners has always been a bit of a brat but he plays bloody well and that's what matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back