List Mgmt. Dan Hannebery - 5 year deal & Pick 28 to St.Kilda for Pick 39 & 2019 2nd Round Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I’m normally with you on these things but I need some positivity this week lol

I think we'll actually improve next year anyway despite ourselves. Some of the youth will take big strides and Gresham and Rankine will make us want to turn up to watch them play. Hanners will make a good ladder for them to jump on.

Have you not seen out selection policy. At the money he's getting paid they will never drop him.
Really? Is your mindset so skewed that you see conspiracies in everything?

Name one kid on our list that is currently better than Hannebery in his position.

Just one? Paton? Phillips? Clark? Dunstan even? Please don't say Acres.

And comparing Hannebery with Armo is so laughable it is almost sad.

Hannebery broken down lol. Last game as Rors (Who was actually there said) he was the only Sydney mid to crack in and got smashed and came back for more.
24 possessions, 10 clearances, 8 tackles in a well beaten team.

I would take a 'broken down' Hannebery over every mid on our list bar Steven and Steele every single day of the week.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I will try to love him once he's here. I want to be wrong just so I don't get ribbed by mates. I'm superstitious, if I think the worst, I can only be pleasantly surprised. I hope he's a superstar again...but hope he's not incase I jinx him.
That’s a start good stuff lol

Really? Is your mindset so skewed that you see conspiracies in everything?

Name one kid on our list that is currently better than Hannebery in his position.

Just one? Paton? Phillips? Clark? Dunstan even? Please don't say Acres.

And comparing Hannebery with Armo is so laughable it is almost sad.

Hannebery broken down lol. Last game as Rors (Who was actually there said) he was the only Sydney mid to crack in and got smashed and came back for more.
24 possessions, 10 clearances, 8 tackles in a well beaten team.

I would take a 'broken down' Hannebery over every mid on our list bar Steven and Steele every single day of the week.

Dunny has him easily covered these days.
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=16&type=A&pid1=3136&pid2=3935&fid1=S&fid2=S
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=16&type=A&pid1=3136&pid2=4068&fid1=S&fid2=S
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=16&type=A&pid1=3136&pid2=3927&fid1=S&fid2=S

I think we'll actually improve next year anyway despite ourselves. Some of the youth will take big strides and Gresham and Rankine will make us want to turn up to watch them play. Hanners will make a good ladder for them to jump on.
Totally agree, look at Norf.
They were a shambles after all of their experienced players were shown the door.
Once they learnt to play themselves without those guys, they came from nowhere.
I believe we will improve.
Getting some gap fillers and talent in obviously helps but, we have all seen the glimpses.
The coaching hopefully also will be a major factor.
Soon hope we can get some more class though in Shiel etc. Geez, how do you turn down 1.2 mill??

Totally agree, look at Norf.
They were a shambles after all of their experienced players were shown the door.
Once they learnt to play themselves without those guys, they came from nowhere.
I believe we will improve.
Getting some gap fillers and talent in obviously helps but, we have all seen the glimpses.
The coaching hopefully also will be a major factor.
Soon hope we can get some more class though in Shiel etc. Geez, how do you turn down 1.2 mill??

Players take about 5 years to come good generally, plenty just coming into the range. Hope we keep Acres and Bruce, along with Roberton we should improve a lot.

I will try to love him once he's here. I want to be wrong just so I don't get ribbed by mates. I'm superstitious, if I think the worst, I can only be pleasantly surprised. I hope he's a superstar again...but hope he's not incase I jinx him.

As long as we don’t sponsor him on BF he’ll be fine :rolleyes:

They weren't broken down though. Vince was an okay player but no star and Lewis was a pick in the 50s down graded from memory. Hanners will be at least a second rounder and unlikely to get as much from him as Lewis. We might have to trade pick 4 still for him. Sydney still demanding it.
Hanners was just his teams best mid in a final, which is something none of our players can say. He will bring invaluable experience to our players, which is something we have needed all year. No one is expected him to be a star, but it is wrong to suggest he isnt going to be a good addition to the club.

And we won't be trading pick 4 for him and Sydney know that.

Players take about 5 years to come good generally, plenty just coming into the range. Hope we keep Acres and Bruce, along with Roberton we should improve a lot.

Yeah I agree mate
For the north comparison, that’s what I thought when joey and roo retired. Very hard to front up straight after two older experienced blokes leave if you have a team of mostly youngsters. Think we’ll do better next year fingers crossed.

Hanners was just his teams best mid in a final, which is something none of our players can say. He will bring invaluable experience to our players, which is something we have needed all year. No one is expected him to be a star, but it is wrong to suggest he isnt going to be a good addition to the club.

And we won't be trading pick 4 for him and Sydney know that.

I think the rain made him look good though, he's been awful this year. He got some Mark McGoff rain assistance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My grandad used to say that if people were handing out gold bars on Bourke St there would be someone who complains that they are too heavy.

Not saying Hannebery is without risk but all year we bemoaned a lack of leadership and a s**t midfield.

I don't think people cheering the trade actually watched him this year, he has only slightly better averages than Lonie and Freeman and much worse than Dunstan. That final was definitely his best game for along time.

I hope he gets back but he's massive risk, if he gets back it's massive for us but he's in his second year of going backwards at an alarming rate. I'm obviously more conservative than some people. There is still a risk that we need to lose pick 4 for him as a trade out for picks.

I don't think people cheering the trade actually watched him this year, he has only slightly better averages than Lonie and Freeman and much worse than Dunstan. That final was definitely his best game for along time.

I hope he gets back but he's massive risk, if he gets back it's massive for us but he's in his second year of going backwards at an alarming rate. I'm obviously more conservative than some people. There is still a risk that we need to lose pick 4 for him as a trade out for picks.
You have compared Hanners to Armo, McGough, Freeman and Lonie and you reckon others don't watch football.

Lol. Really gringo this is getting a bit sad mate.

You have compared Hanners to Armo, McGough, Freeman and Lonie and you reckon others don't watch football.

Lol. Really gringo this is getting a bit sad mate.

Go watch his games this year, he was like Armo. Your evidence was Rors saying he was good, I watched that game, he was okay but he was only the best of the Swans who should have lost by 200 points. It's sad having an opinion based on nothing but coming up with a contrary view point to posters you like to wind up.

He is so bad this year it's a huge risk, I don't know why you think he's a gun based on 3 years ago. Maybe we should see what Tony Lockett is doing.

Go watch his games this year, he was like Armo. Your evidence was Rors saying he was good, I watched that game, he was okay but he was only the best of the Swans who should have lost by 200 points. It's sad having an opinion based on nothing but coming up with a contrary view point to posters you like to wind up.

He is so bad this year it's a huge risk, I don't know why you think he's a gun based on 3 years ago. Maybe we should see what Tony Lockett is doing.
He has been injured this year. If he was at his best we'd be giving up a 1st rounder for him so his recent poor form and injury actually works in our favour.

He has been injured this year. If he was at his best we'd be giving up a 1st rounder for him so his recent poor form and injury actually works in our favour.

I get the theory but I'd rather get an uninjured gun than one that is a risk of never getting back to his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back