Retired Daniel Hannebery

Remove this Banner Ad

star midfielder Dan Hannebery is pressing hard for a return to football in the VFL; he must get through training this week to be available.

TR230519MW0149.JPG

Im glad they haven't fallen for all the bull sh1tt pressure from the media and played him when he wasn't ready , all this time off he has had doing the conditioning training could be the difference between him being Ok and Great

Im glad they haven't fallen for all the bull sh1tt pressure from the media and played him when he wasn't ready , all this time off he has had doing the conditioning training could be the difference between him being Ok and Great

Pretty confident he is the latter myself , particularly in on field communication.

Bag out Richo all you want.
He made the comment about needing to "rebuild " Hanners. There was a huge media buzz, and Purple probably laughed so hard he spat out his blue heaven moccachino frappe.
BUT... it then took the heat off.

We didn't then have the press constantly pushing us about when he was going to play. And even his selection this week seems to have gone a bit under the radar.

Bag out Richo all you want.
He made the comment about needing to "rebuild " Hanners. There was a huge media buzz, and Purple probably laughed so hard he spat out his blue heaven moccachino frappe.
BUT... it then took the heat off.

We didn't then have the press constantly pushing us about when he was going to play. And even his selection this week seems to have gone a bit under the radar.
Yeah this is a good point. It really did put the heat off. I think a lot of the media got the impression we might not see him for even the whole year. I've enjoyed Richo's commentary in the last week or two in continuing to use the word rebuild. A little * you to the media.

its all great as long as he doesnt break down during the first game , fingers crossed that his injury problems are over. i need him to start playing too so i will have something to write about on his thread lol.

its all great as long as he doesnt break down during the first game , fingers crossed that his injury problems are over. i need him to start playing too so i will have something to write about on his thread lol.
You can guarantee Purple has got his little voodoo doll of Hanners out hoping he breaks down again so he can dig the boots in to try and reaffirm his stance that recruiting him was a big mistake.

You can guarantee Purple has got his little voodoo doll of Hanners out hoping he breaks down again so he can dig the boots in to try and reaffirm his stance that recruiting him was a big mistake.

IF hanners continues to play great footy

THEN I'll throw the toys out of my cot

VFL: Hannebery set to debut
Chris Nice
saints.com.au
May 30, 2019 11:26AM

638825-tlslargelandscape.jpg

Dan Hannebery will don stripes of a different kind when he lines up for Sandringham on Sunday.

Boom recruit Dan Hannebery will don stripes of a different kind when he lines up for Sandringham on Sunday.
Niggling issues with his conditioning have prevented Hannebery from playing so far in 2019, but after getting through training this week, the 28-year-old is ready and raring to go.
It will be the Sydney premiership star’s first match-day outing as he builds towards his maiden appearance in the red, white and black.
Hannebery will join the likes of Max King, Ben Paton and Brandon White in a Zebras outfit flush with St Kilda talent.

An impressive pre-season, election into the leadership group and universal admiration within club walls for the way he drove standards hallmarked Hannebery’s arrival.
And for the way he’s held himself throughout a frustrating reconditioning period, that admiration has never faltered.
After rebuilding his match-fitness and undergoing a strong conditioning regime over the past few months, the midfield jet is chomping at the bit to make an on-field mark for his new club.

Hannebery played 208 games for the Swans with triple All-Australian and premiership honours to boot, before crossing over to St Kilda at the end of the 2018 Season.
Sandringham will take on Coburg this Sunday at Piranha Park with a chance to go 5-3 before its allocated bye.

He looks as lean as I have seen him. Last few years he has been a bit stocky and thick. Probably not the greatest skin folds either.

I’ve gotten the feeling from him that he really wants to make an impact at the Saints and isn’t just here to collect a paycheck and play footy. Super excited to see him play.

Pretty confident he is the latter myself , particularly in on field communication.
The Mods have gone nuts , i wrote a reply to Stewart66 , he liked it yet the mods delete my post saying i was attacking him , im sure Stewart would have given me a serve if he thought i was out of line , have we gone as soft as Carlton in here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Mods have gone nuts , i wrote a reply to Stewart66 , he liked it yet the mods delete my post saying i was attacking him , im sure Stewart would have given me a serve if he thought i was out of line , have we gone as soft as Carlton in here
We might have. I've heard that a few more experienced posters have been going out on the turps mid week before a big game. Doesn't set a good standard for the young gals and guys coming through.

Surely the fact that you said Stewart would have given you a serve if you were out of line shows it was borderline? We'd prefer no serves from either to be honest! Good discussion doesn't require you asking if someone 'even understands what you said'. Perhaps a borderline deletion (in hindsight with Stewart taking it well) but that was my take.

Regardless, PM me if you'd like to discuss further, I don't want to detract from Hanners VFL debut this week!

Surely the fact that you said Stewart would have given you a serve if you were out of line shows it was borderline? We'd prefer no serves from either to be honest! Good discussion doesn't require you asking if someone 'even understands what you said'. Perhaps a borderline deletion (in hindsight with Stewart taking it well) but that was my take.

Regardless, PM me if you'd like to discuss further, I don't want to detract from Hanners VFL debut this week!
I dont want to detract from Hanners first game either but you have got to be kidding , God help anyone who actually says something which may offend anyone , they will be banned for life

High-profile Saint in good touch in long-awaited VFL return
Luke Michael
Jun 2, 2019 1:58PM
DanHanneberyVFLjune2.jpg

Dan Hannebery made his long-awaited return in the VFL on Sunday. Picture: Getty Images
Related
ST KILDA recruit Dan Hannebery has found plenty of the ball early in his first game for the year for Sandringham in the VFL.
Hannebery has battled calf and hamstring issues that have kept him on the sidelines all season, but he made the first step towards his St Kilda debut with a run in the VFL on Saturday.
Dan Hannebery dishes off a handball in traffic. Picture: Getty Images
DanHanneberyVFLpic2june2.jpg

The 28-year-old did not take long to get into the contest, racking up four touches in the opening 10 minutes before coming to the bench for a rub down from the physio.
While he looked rusty at times, Hannebery was not afraid to throw his body around or make his presence felt, issuing instructions to his teammates on the field and from the bench.
Dan Hannebery saw plenty of the ball in his VFL return. Picture: Getty Images
DanHanneberypic3june2.jpg

By half-time, Hannebery had amassed 19 disposals, laid four tackles and kicked a behind.
The former Swan also showed he has lost none of his polish, setting up a Sandringham shot on goal in the second quarter after a precise kick into the corridor from the wing.

While he looked rusty at times, Hannebery was not afraid to throw his body around or make his presence felt, issuing instructions to his teammates on the field and from the bench.
The former Swan also showed he has lost none of his polish, setting up a Sandringham shot on goal in the second quarter after a precise kick into the corridor from the wing.
St Kilda's prized draftee Max King also put in an impressive performance, kicking 3.3 as Sandringham ran out 10–point winners against Coburg.
Speaking after the game, Hannebery said his body was feeling "pretty good" with no real niggles to be concerned about.
"It was always a plan to play three quarters so it was good to get through," Hannebery said.
"I was a bit rusty early but it was nice to have a run around.
"When you've been watching on the sidelines for the best part of three or four months, you're a little bit nervy but it's good to be back out there."
Hannebery said he was unsure when he will get the chance to make his long-awaited St Kilda debut, but admitted he was still at least a few weeks away.
"I got through this game pretty well. Unfortunately, there's a bye next week for both leagues which is frustrating, but I'll get a solid week of training in and re-assess in the next week or two," he said.
"My gut feel is at least another one or so games in the VFL but we'll wait and see."

Dan Hannebery
24 disposals, 19 handballs, five tackles

“I thought he moved well, got his hands on the ball a lot. His stoppage work was good, as was his inside contested work. He admitted that he handballed a little bit too much and didn’t use his legs enough, but I really liked his game. Putting together a solid hit-out [was] the most important part, and he got through well. We just thought we’d keep it to three quarters just to nurse him on through, so his performance was pleasing on the whole.”

Don’t Panic !!

Dan Hannebery
23 disposals, 11 kicks, five tackles
“‘Hanners’ played 85 minutes, so that was pleasing. I thought his contribution was solid for us and when we could get first use, he made the most of it. He’s getting through well with speed and his body positioning was what we’d expect from him, so he was good for us. He won’t be too far away, he’ll be discussed during the week.”

Dan had an impressive 27 disposals in his first hit out for the Saints in the loss to the Lions . He should get even better going forward as he gets more match practise .

Could it be that my player curse is finally to be lifted ? Lets wait and see lol , fingers crossed for Dan .

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hannebery has played the past four games, the last two at AFL level, and completed training on Thursday, but was left out as the Saints continue to take a long-term approach with the star on-baller.
“It was always part of the plan that Dan would need a break at some point after an initial block of games, and with a bit of soreness lingering after the Richmond match, it made sense to do it this week,” Head of Performance Matt Hornsby said.
“He was able to get through our main training Thursday, but we feel that missing this weekend is the best approach as we continue to build his workload.
“He has come a long way over the past few months but it’s important we are patient and realistic in our expectations with a player who is returning mid-season.”

Hannebery has played the past four games, the last two at AFL level, and completed training on Thursday, but was left out as the Saints continue to take a long-term approach with the star on-baller.
“It was always part of the plan that Dan would need a break at some point after an initial block of games, and with a bit of soreness lingering after the Richmond match, it made sense to do it this week,” Head of Performance Matt Hornsby said.
“He was able to get through our main training Thursday, but we feel that missing this weekend is the best approach as we continue to build his workload.
“He has come a long way over the past few months but it’s important we are patient and realistic in our expectations with a player who is returning mid-season.”

It didn't make much news when he played and played well, but it hit the headlines when they rested him lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back