Rumour Dan Hannebery to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Might make sense for a Carlton/St Kilda type side if they can take on his contract as a "salary dump" type trade, ie Hanneberry and a 2nd for a 4th round pick. Gives them a veteran body whilst their young midfields develop.

Allows the Swans to give Lloyd more money.

He'd be better than some of the options we have now and if he pulls a Burgoyne we have a steal.

If the cost is cheap I don't see a problem with it given our position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might make sense for a Carlton/St Kilda type side if they can take on his contract as a "salary dump" type trade, ie Hanneberry and a 2nd for a 4th round pick. Gives them a veteran body whilst their young midfields develop.

Allows the Swans to give Lloyd more money.
Just in case anyone is wondering, the AFL don't allow trades that value a player as a negative, as a rule.

Just in case anyone is wondering, the AFL don't allow trades that value a player as a negative, as a rule.

The news is that Collingwood want him, I feel that they just want to get something for Darcy Moore so he's my trade involving St Kilda, Sydney, and Collingwood

Sydney get:
Darcy Moore

Collingwood get:
Pick 15, (from St Kilda after Adelaide pick exchange)

Stkilda get:
Hannebery, 4th round 2019, (Sydney)

This values Hanners at 17-18 which I think is fair, as he is a good player and is worthy of just finding the end of the first round. Sydney gets some much-needed help for Franklin up forward and has more money to throw at Lloyd and Jones, (Jones is out of contract next year). St Kilda gets some class, leadership, and experience in Hanners, as well as the ability to draft a good kid at next season's end. Collingwood gets the ability to pick up a gun in Chayce Jones, Luke Foley or Zak Butters

The news is that Collingwood want him, I feel that they just want to get something for Darcy Moore so he's my trade involving St Kilda, Sydney, and Collingwood

Sydney get:
Darcy Moore

Collingwood get:
Pick 15, (from St Kilda after Adelaide pick exchange)

Stkilda get:
Hannebery, 4th round 2019, (Sydney)

This values Hanners at 17-18 which I think is fair, as he is a good player and is worthy of just finding the end of the first round. Sydney gets some much-needed help for Franklin up forward and has more money to throw at Lloyd and Jones, (Jones is out of contract next year). St Kilda gets some class, leadership, and experience in Hanners, as well as the ability to draft a good kid at next season's end. Collingwood gets the ability to pick up a gun in Chayce Jones, Luke Foley or Zak Butters
Stop

St Kilda took a huge risk on Nathan Freeman and failed miserably. He's gone now so we looked around and said "Hanners, maaaate..."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back