Universal Love Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Have ALWAYS loved Dan and to think that early in his career, Jasper, with completely no form after a couple games at SANFL level came in to replace him. It was understandable that Dan was pretty pissed with the selectors and rightly so. Number 5 is proudly adhered to my guernsey

Dan should be tasked with beating danger and dusty types. He can outmatch them on the ground through work rate and defensive efforts, run off and present options but also go back and compete in the air.

He has it all

Dan should be tasked with beating danger and dusty types. He can outmatch them on the ground through work rate and defensive efforts, run off and present options but also go back and compete in the air.

He has it all

Disagree.

If you ask Dan to play as a shut-down defender, you take away his ability to get a lot of touches where he can deliver sweet kicks inside our forward 50.

DBJ, Burton and Jones need to be our shut-down guys in defence. Houston is too valuable a player with his disposal to be given that role.

Disagree.

If you ask Dan to play as a shut-down defender, you take away his ability to get a lot of touches where he can deliver sweet kicks inside our forward 50.

DBJ, Burton and Jones need to be our shut-down guys in defence. Houston is too valuable a player with his disposal to be given that role.

I was thinking as a midfielder, not a defender

Danger and Dusty are often too lazy to chase, which provides Dan an opportunity to shine in attack

Dan unlike many midfielders, can't be exploited by being taken into "their" forward 50 as he's strong overhead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every time Houston does something great I remember that he was picked up in the rookie draft. They still mesmerises me, especially for a former TAC Cup captain. This once again proves he might be our best value pick up at the draft ever.

1ad081900eb61eb361344c9e3039b477.jpg

houston-we-have-problem_2150-188.jpg

with-houston-we-don-t-have-a-problem.png

1200x0.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back