Universal Love Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be strange seeing kids with number 43 on the back of their guernsey. So unsexy! But after the co captains getting their names on the team sheet each Thursday night, Dan would be the next one for sure. I would love to see that grub, Charlie Cameron, get cleaned up as soon as possible as he’s done it twice to our Dan. What’s our formula in getting the most out of our rookies. Quite a few getting on the main list eventually! I’ll start naming them, probably more - Brogan, Jonas, DBJ, Lienert, my mate Sammie Gray and Kane Mitchell ?. Should have had Robbie Young there, but that’s another story!

Last edited:

He's actually the best small defender in the AFL and nobody's ever heard of him lol.

Medium defender. I trust the hell out of him in a 1-on-1 with a tallish forward.

Medium defender. I trust the hell out of him in a 1-on-1 with a tallish forward.

Yeah, I did question my own use of the word small after seeing him up close at the post match last night. Much taller than he looks out on the field.

It will be strange seeing kids with number 43 on the back of their guernsey. So unsexy! But after the co captains getting their names on the team sheet each Thursday night, Dan would be the next one for sure. I would love to see that grub, Charlie Cameron, get cleaned up as soon as possible as he’s done it twice to our Dan. What’s our formula in getting the most out of our rookies. Quite a few getting on the main list eventually! I’ll start naming them, probably more - Brogan, Jonas, DBJ, Lienert, my mate Sammie Gray and Kane Mitchell ?. Should have had Robbie Young there, but that’s another story!
DBJ wasnt a Rookie pick ... He was pick 52 in the 2013 National Draft

You can add our Rising Star winner Danyle Pearce to the list though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he's a great, reliable defender. If he played for one of the Vic sides he'd already be talked as an AA lock this year

quick enough for smalls, big enough for some talls, great reader of play, has a great kick (can't remember a defender we've had that was so good at kicking for goal when given the opportunity)

also seems to have epic trollage skills

He’ll never get much recognition outside of Port Adelaide but what a player he is! Reliable, consistent, dead-eye shot for goal, composure of a 200 gamer and rarely puts a foot wrong. First there’s elite level skills, then there’s Dan Houston level skills!

He could captain this club one day.
a lot like bunga hurn

Seems like just about every time he gets the ball I turn to my son's and say how good is Houston.

Does not waste the ball shows courage and can put it between the sticks.

I want him to be captain so when he kicks a great goal I can say Captn Dan you got magic legs.

Oh and if we play brions again and Cameron touches a strand of his gossamer like hair I will lose my s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back