MRP / Trib. Dan Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Daniel Howe, Hawthorn, has been charged with striking Patrick Cripps, Carlton, during the first quarter of the Round 18 match between Hawthorn and Carlton, played at Etihad Stadium on Sunday July 22, 2018.
In summary, he can accept a two-match sanction with an early plea. Based on the available evidence and a medical report from the Carlton Football Club, the incident was classified as intentional conduct with medium impact to the head. The incident was assessed as a two-match sanction. The player is able to accept a two-match sanction.

Daniel Howe, Hawthorn, has been charged with tripping Zac Fisher, Carlton, during the first quarter of the Round 18 match between Hawthorn and Carlton, played at Etihad Stadium on Sunday July 22, 2018. In summary, he was referred directly to the Tribunal and was not able to accept an early plea. Based on the available evidence and a medical report from the Carlton Football Club, the incident was classified as careless conduct with severe impact to the body. The incident was assessed as a direct referral to the Tribunal. The player is not able to accept an early plea.

Henderson has also been fined by the MRO

"
Ricky Henderson has also been offered a fine after making contact front-on contact with Levi Casboult. The incident was classified as careless conduct with low impact to the head and was assessed as a $3000 sanction.

He can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea."

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2018-07-23/howe-sanctioned-by-mrp

i just can't see it.

The player Fisher does a 360 into his leg.

Howe would have to be a rubber man to spread his legs further while his feet are on the ground.

Dread what Robbo and Gerard have to say on AFL 360.
Just keep in mind now it is at the tribunal nothing is concrete, he had to be sent to the tribunal because it was graded as severe impact. The Tribunal can still deem that he did nothing wrong (not saying that will happen).

Just keep in mind now it is at the tribunal nothing is concrete, he had to be sent to the tribunal because it was graded as severe impact. The Tribunal can still deem that he did nothing wrong (not saying that will happen).

Fair enough. Hopefully some people get embarrassed and not outraged when Howe gets off.

Personally i would't have sent it to the tribunal, but there have been some mysterious decisions this year.

So we saw the AFL love child in clangerfield slide tackle into a contest and not even get looked at and Howe props at a contest and because old mate lacks calcium in his bones Howe has to go to the tribunal. Pretty embarrassing stuff from the AFL as usual.

Henderson getting a fine is pretty lame, at the ground it looked like he did everything possible to avoid any contact.

Howe has already been fined by the MRO after the Easter weekend clash against Selwood.

Oh, and the last player to be suspended for a trip.....you guessed it, a Hawthorn player! The Captain Jarryd Roughead about 4 years ago. Good old match review system still gets the Hawks everytime.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can people not post what other players have done in other games.....
But but but....what about what he did!!

It’s pointless and has no bearing on what Howe did.

We’re here to discuss Howe, and he chinned someone off the ball. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

As for the “trip” and the coming penalty, well that’s how football is adjudicated these days and he’ll cop his wack, but anyone who suggests he deliberately tripped Fischer is pretty ****ed in the head.

Have no problem with the 2 weeks for the punch to Cripps, but that trip charge is a joke. He had his leg planted first as to push up to stand up and Fisher runs into him. I'm actually glad it has gone to the tribunal because we generally just take it up the ass as a club when suspensions are offered, now we get to fight our case.

* me Michael Christian is a bullshitter. Says regarding the Hurn incident: "We look at the conduct first, forgetting the impact for the moment, we look at the conduct and we assess the conduct".

Then goes and says Hawkins has no case to answer because the contact to Frische's face was "incidental". No potential for more serious injury there of course.

Anyone got a video of what Henderson copped a fine for?

I expected 1 to 2 weeks for the 'punch' on Cripps but sending him straight to the tribunal for the trip is pretty surprising. Players trip every game. some intentional some not , and it's normally a fine at best. I hope Hawthorn challenge it and may as well challenge the 2 games as well. Howe is worth the 10k easily.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back