News Dane Rampe elevated

Remove this Banner Ad

Great news for Dane, and well deserved on what we've seen so far. This is probably the spot Dean Towers had to compete for, but at the moment he seems a long way off. Lets stick with the rookie picks please

While he may be 189cm, I don't trust the newspaper reports saying he's the perfect replacement for AJ. He's been playing as an outside runner for most of his career and he won't be able to adequately mark tall forwards. In the preseason games I believe he marked small-medium forwards like Nathan Wilson and TDL.

Rampe, McGlynn to come in, AJ, Morton to be the Premiership heroes to miss.

If either of Smith or Mattner miss then Armstrong comes in
So you have Rampe ahead of Armstrong at this stage?

So you have Rampe ahead of Armstrong at this stage?

Not on form, just on positional make up of the two. Rampe can at least play deep defence which is a team need, Armstrong is a half back which we don't have a need for unless one of Smith and Mattner don't play.

Though we could just play Morton forward and send LRT back with McGlynn the only in, but I don't think that's likely

While he may be 189cm, I don't trust the newspaper reports saying he's the perfect replacement for AJ. He's been playing as an outside runner for most of his career and he won't be able to adequately mark tall forwards. In the preseason games I believe he marked small-medium forwards like Nathan Wilson and TDL.

Played a bit of CHB for Williamstown IIRC. But you're right, he's not going to be as good on the talls as AJ was.

Wow didnt that newspaper sell AJ short..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still can't comprehend the idea that Bird is a fringe member of the 22, which a lot of posters on this board continue to push ...

Amen

I would like to know anything he has done to be tipped out of the 22 from Grand Final Day besides an injury? His form hasn't been poor, so why is he the under-rated member of our midfield group?

Glad to see his chances of playing this year are improved. He's 22 and has a physique that is comparable to Kennedy or O'Keefe. Very intrigued by this guy.

Superb effort, to go from starring in the Sydney AFL to being promoted to the senior list, it's a huge accomplishment. Defensively, he I thought he was close to our most consistent performer in that area over the NAB cup. He'll be right in line for selection come round 1, ultimately I think he'll be an emergency but I'd imagine he will debut at some stage this year.

And no I agree, he's not perfectly suited to those third falls, he seems much more suited to the small/medium forward. He played on both Betts and Walker against Carlton in the NAB, so they would be the types of players I'd imagine he'd be on not the Jack Darling type.

And no I agree, he's not perfectly suited to those third falls, he seems much more suited to the small/medium forward. He played on both Betts and Walker against Carlton in the NAB, so they would be the types of players I'd imagine he'd be on not the Jack Darling type.

While I agree with this, he CAN play tall in a pinch, in much the same way Mattner can.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back