Rumour Dane Swan going into the Jungle??? Yes he is!

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't he vote?

Bastard..............
He used all his kids credits for Casey (thought it was to get recruiting insight from Casey scorpions)

Dave, Casey & Nat both had to move outside their comfort zone a lot more than Swanny did.
Dane would eat most of that stuff in the tucker trials for a $10 bet at the local pub. Probably already done bungie jumping & skydiving too.
Those girls were terrified but overcame it. Any of the last 3 were worthy.

I think she was dumped by the recording company she was signed to for winning idol pretty quickly because of their bullshit standards for female artists.
I only watched bits and pieces of the show but I'm pretty sure they mentioned she has suffered some anxiety related issues since then too.

I only watched bits and pieces of the show but I'm pretty sure they mentioned she has suffered some anxiety related issues since then too.

So Casey's Story was better then Dane's?

So Casey's Story was better then Dane's?
Much better. He would do anything and not give a s**t. She overcame actual fears and anxiety to make it to the end. She was endearing and more entertaining. Swanny was Swanny.

The best thing for Dane in this sojourn was he was seen by many people in a different light
A good person, fun, relaxed etc.

Far better than how one particular journalist would portray him

I'm glad Casey won as she has come from a long way back in life since winning Idol. Having been reminded of how great her voice is and how talented she is I would buy something she puts out after the show. However, she was the only celebrity of the remaining 3 that didn't do certain tasks meaning the rest missed out on food. So not sure how she won this competition.

For the reasons mentioned about how much they had to overcome I would have thought Nat deserved to win as she didn't shirk anything.

There was a strong push for a non sportsman and female to win this year, both in the media and on the show, so Dane did well to finish runner up.

Vote is Rigged anyway
Not sure if the votes are rigged, but the producers can influence the audience through editing and interviews. On their exit interview a lot of the people stated they didn't want another sportsmen to win and that Casey was most deserving due to her struggles and growth. It was a repeated theme and far too many to be a coincidence. Swan even went with the same line at the end. As seen with one of the celebrities letting slip who came third there's a lot behind the scenes that we're not privy to and I'd be surprised if Swan didn't know he came second prior to the announcement.

Not sure if the votes are rigged, but the producers can influence the audience through editing and interviews. On their exit interview a lot of the people stated they didn't want another sportsmen to win and that Casey was most deserving due to her struggles and growth. It was a repeated theme and far too many to be a coincidence. Swan even went with the same line at the end. As seen with one of the celebrities letting slip who came third there's a lot behind the scenes that we're not privy to and I'd be surprised if Swan didn't know he came second prior to the announcement.
Votes are definitely not rigged.
People paying for things and it's false, would be destructive to a network and show.

That they edit and persuade etc, absolutely

Dane did well by the looks of things.

He certainly would have earned his contract

I highly doubt the gambling agencies would be making much money at all out of the show. Surely no one would be putting sizeable bets on. Its more promotion for them than actual money from those markets I reckon

There is limits you can put on the bets its usually around 100-200, this goes for all those shows like the bachelor etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dave, Casey & Nat both had to move outside their comfort zone a lot more than Swanny did.
Dane would eat most of that stuff in the tucker trials for a $10 bet at the local pub. Probably already done bungie jumping & skydiving too.
Those girls were terrified but overcame it. Any of the last 3 were worthy.

This right here is why people like Pendlebury miss out on All Australian nods.

No that is actually completely irrelevant.
No it's not.

Someone averages 30 disposals for the first time, wow, well done, you're All Australian.

Pendles usually averages 32 (making these numbers up), drops down to 30 disposals... oh, not your best season, you miss out.

It's the same as Swanny and Casey Donovan. Yeah, she might be scared, out of her comfort zone, whatever. But at the end of the day, it sounds like she has done less than Swanny.

No it's not.

Someone averages 30 disposals for the first time, wow, well done, you're All Australian.

Pendles usually averages 32 (making these numbers up), drops down to 30 disposals... oh, not your best season, you miss out.

It's the same as Swanny and Casey Donovan. Yeah, she might be scared, out of her comfort zone, whatever. But at the end of the day, it sounds like she has done less than Swanny.

It will always be a popularity contest when the public vote.

True that. I wonder if the popularity or familiarity of the Starlight Foundation in comparison to N.I.C.K had anything to do with it.

I don't think so. The masses seemed to want a female winner & a non sportsman this time.
Casey also won Australian Idol over Anthony Callea, no way was she a better vocalist than him. But she was more popular. I see your point about perhaps the best contestant didn't win. But I have no problem with the winner being the person who had to adapt the most & do things that they never imagined themselves doing.

No way the voting is "rigged". As there is prize money involved the show would be subject to same oversight as any lottery.
No doubt the producers can influence voting by the product they put up on our screens.
But their driving imperative is putting out a show that rates. Because if it rates it makes money. If it makes money they get another season and another pay check.
They simply don't give a rats about who votes for who.

P.S. The money raised from votes goes to each participants charities.
So not just about the 100K.

I don't think so. The masses seemed to want a female winner & a non sportsman this time.
Casey also won Australian Idol over Anthony Callea, no way was she a better vocalist than him. But she was more popular. I see your point about perhaps the best contestant didn't win. But I have no problem with the winner being the person who had to adapt the most & do things that they never imagined themselves doing.

Good BackStory helps as well

He's posted on FB he wants to make a comeback.
Just remember what day it is.
If in doubt he said I played a local game with some mates, last week I think it was.

He's posted on FB he wants to make a comeback.
Just remember what day it is.
If in doubt he said I played a local game with some mates, last week I think it was.
If the date wasn't enough of a clue wanting to return in round 6 or 7 should be

Remove this Banner Ad

Back