Rumour Dane Swan ooops!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Wayne Dwop

All Australian
Apr 16, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
FORMER Collingwood star Dane Swan has been allegedly caught drink driving the morning after appearing on the AFL Footy Show’s Grand Final edition, the Herald Sun reports.

Police reported a 34-year-old Prahran man returned a positive breath test of 0.054 on Friday morning. He was fined $484 and had his licence immediately suspended for three months.

“He was accompanied to a nearby police station where he returned a blood alcohol concentration reading of 0.054. The man received a $484 fine, had his licence immediately suspended for three months and will be required to have an alcohol interlock device,” police said.

More to come.

v2
https://www.news.com.au/sport/sport...g/news-story/4efe1cbf1f02e232cd079bb576d35775

In other parts of the world it’s 0.08 so he’d be fine. Still stupid and we all know the rules as they are here but this is barely news.
We are in a nanny country though. 0.054 would not affect anyone's ability to drive

I got done ,I kid you not 0.051 still got the print out. Coppers were taking me back to the station and some knob did a burnout in front of cop car.The coppers said wtf the knob is more dangerous than me.Got put on a good behaviour bond so I kept my licence. I had 3 quick stubbies in 40 degree heat helping builder do a reno. Missus wanted pizza.ffs. end of day my fault.

I got done ,I kid you not 0.051 still got the print out. Coppers were taking me back to the station and some knob did a burnout in front of cop car.The coppers said wtf the knob is more dangerous than me.Got put on a good behaviour bond so I kept my licence. I had 3 quick stubbies in 40 degree heat helping builder do a reno. Missus wanted pizza.ffs. end of day my fault.
That 'knob' deserves to be called something nicer! So did they just dump you on the side of the road where they pulled the knob over and let you make your own way back to your car? Hope you didn't cop it too much for bringing home cold pizza

.054 is very unlucky! Another hour and he would be ok. Probably makes no difference either
You kind of get an extra hour though don't you - the time from roadside to the test at the station - so he was probably a bit more initially.

Still pretty unlucky and agree you aren't really impaired at .05 - people are worse when they haven't slept enough. Sounds like a case of a big night beforehand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then everybody clapped. That clap's name? Albert Einstein.

unlucky...
but..
you know pizza do deliver?

.054 is very unlucky! Another hour and he would be ok. Probably makes no difference either
If he crashed into your mum's car and put her in hospital, are you:
a) Thinking he was just unlucky to blow 0.054 and it probably had no impact on the accident? Or,
b) Wanting to take a swing at the guy for driving over the limit?

Perspectives can easily shift if you've been involved with a drink driver.
At 0.054 he'd be less dangerous on the road than nearly every 80-odd year old with a license. But, it's an arbitrary system.
You've got to draw the line somewhere though. If the line was 0.08 and Swan blew 0.084, some people would still be saying he was unlucky. Once the line is drawn, it gets enforced. How could it be any other way?

Still pretty unlucky and agree you aren't really impaired at .05 - people are worse when they haven't slept enough. Sounds like a case of a big night beforehand.
How do you know he wasn't impaired? You a neurologist? And since you bring up sleep: Swan has a big night on the booze - do you think he got a good night's sleep? Clearly it wasn't a long enough sleep to process the booze he drank. So you've got 0.054 plus tiredness, isn't that becoming impaired by now? Would you let him drive your kid home?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back