Player Watch Dane Swan (Retired 2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

If not then his credits must be running dangerously low. This type of thing is what stands some coaches apart form others, continue the faith with a proven favourite son or rest* him and bring in a fit keen youngster. Martin for instance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's carrying something, but if he had the dedication of a Luke Ball he would be making more of an impact this year.

He got away with it in his 20s, but it's catching up now. If he wants to play out his contract playing good football (and give himself a chance at bowing out as a dual premiership player), he's going to have to make some sacrifices over the next couple of years I feel.

He needs to be on the ball, and run all day. hanging around the forward line doesn't suit him. if he's not fit enough to do what he has done so well for many years, he should be rested. If it is because Bucks wants him to play a different role for the team, then Bucks, you have got it wrong.

If not then his credits must be running dangerously low. This type of thing is what stands some coaches apart form others, continue the faith with a proven favourite son or rest* him and bring in a fit keen youngster. Martin for instance.
I agree. Six games to go, it's time to make a stand. We have waited all season for a number of players to recapture their past form and they have not delivered. Time for Swan, Ball, Blair, Thomas, Toovey, Goldsack and several others to produce or go. We reward mediocrity and punish success (Martin). We make amateurish errors in team selection and tactics. We recruit players with poor disposal skills. Dane Swan epitomises the team's downfall and is a protected species in the team. He should play VFL next week. Enough. Time to set the bar a bit higher.

Might be playing injured.

I'd give him next year but that's just me.

He has to be playing injured! You don't lose the ability to kick 50 metres or run flat chat over one summer. He is fumbly, slow and he is deliberately chipping the pill even when he is within range because he has no power in his leg/groin. I am so tired of the different messages coming out of Collingwood. We are not blind. If he is 100% fit then it is the quickest fall from grace I have witnessed and he should be dropped.

Am I the only one who thought Swanny moved the best he had all season? Didn't think he was that bad today.
I'm with ya. I didn't think he was that bad today. Let's put it in perspective, Dane Swan at 29 years of age playing the way he is, is the least of our worries.

He has to be playing injured! You don't lose the ability to kick 50 metres or run flat chat over one summer. He is fumbly, slow and he is deliberately chipping the pill even when he is within range because he has no power in his leg/groin. I am so tired of the different messages coming out of Collingwood. We are not blind. If he is 100% fit then it is the quickest fall from grace I have witnessed and he should be dropped.
Agree with you.
Seems pointless to continue playing him in this condition. And I imagine would be very frustrating for him. I don't agree with people who think he doesn't give a f**k.

Love swanny like a brother but honestly he should be running around in the twos at the moment. I cringe when he gets the ball as I know he will turn it over or spray it wide. He has been a champion and it is foolhardy to write off champions but it looks like his exceptional characteristics - explosive speed off the mark, ability to break tackles, overhead strength, unbelievable endurance - are fading fast.

Prove me a wrong, Swanny. We need the real thing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back