Player Watch Dane Swan (Retired 2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

Your default position again I see.
Two words; negative and fishing.
You've managed to excel in both areas.
That's bullshit, it's not negative to quote stats and I'm not ****ing fishing, it's an opinion I believe in and would be shared by most professionals in the business that would see a party lifestyle as detrimental, especially at the pointy end of a season let alone the most intense game of the year

I'm sure you are losing it then, but hey you are pretty much only left with making stuff up so I'll let it slide
How did we win a flag with so many players making poor lifestyle choices? Swan, Shaw, Didak, Johnson, Thomas etc

How did we win a flag with so many players making poor lifestyle choices? Swan, Shaw, Didak, Johnson, Thomas etc
They are all very very talented players

but the question is why they don't have 3 flags like the Selwood's and Ling's (who I don't see as more talented)

Aye there's the rub lil J

They are all very very talented players

but the question is why they don't have 3 flags like the Selwood's and Ling's (who I don't see as more talented)

Aye there's the rub lil J
Because we don’t cheat.

That's bullshit, it's not negative to quote stats and I'm not ****ing fishing, it's an opinion I believe in and would be shared by most professionals in the business that would see a party lifestyle as detrimental, especially at the pointy end of a season let alone the most intense game of the year
And magically your abuse has vanished.
Please don't over-step again....

Because we don’t cheat.
Well there's that but I remember an article (Age or Hun) that lifted the lid on us and the opinion from within was that our players basically went wild after the GF win while Hawks and Cats players had more level headed leaders that kept a lid on that kind of stuff (they still did some partying but were able to reign themselves in)

We had Daisy looking like a refugee from a death camp, Harry wandering around ovals muttering to himself and our own people talking about explosive off season behaviour that was clearly code for snorting coke... and there was a very clear leader of that rat pack

So if you think a coke and alcohol lifestyle doesn't affect you at the pointiest end then good luck to you... but you will never convince me it's the way to win multiple flags and create a dynasty

Well there's that but I remember an article (Age or Hun) that lifted the lid on us and the opinion from within was that our players basically went wild after the GF win while Hawks and Cats players had more level headed leaders that kept a lid on that kind of stuff (they still did some partying but were able to reign themselves in)

We had Daisy looking like a refugee from a death camp, Harry wandering around ovals muttering to himself and our own people talking about explosive off season behaviour that was clearly code for snorting coke... and there was a very clear leader of that rat pack

So if you think a coke and alcohol lifestyle doesn't affect you at the pointiest end then good luck to you... but you will never convince me it's the way to win multiple flags and create a dynasty
And yet we dominated the H & A season. For the record, Swan played in 20 finals games and averaged 26.65 disposals. Only 0.2 less than his career average.

Have you seen Hodge drink?

Have you seen Hodge drink?

No but neither have you, you're going off one article, he's not actually known as a party animal and they didn't call him the leader of the rat pack at Hawthorn, he was just the leader that won 4 flags

And yet we dominated the H & A season. For the record, Swan played in 20 finals games and averaged 26.65 disposals. Only 0.2 less than his career average.
So he was below par in more games than I thought, anyway I'm glad we dominated the season, they give you the cup for that right?

Swan wasn’t the bloke manning Trav Varcoe.

Conceding the opening two goals of the game killed us more than anything. Geelong don’t pull off their rally if we were 32 points up rather than 20.
Eh we got those two goals back rather quickly and then dominated the game for a while after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eh we got those two goals back rather quickly and then dominated the game for a while after that.
The best thing to happen to Geelong that day was Podsiadly go down injured. Duncan came on which made them target Hawkins more and he exposed an injured Reid (still a silly decision to play him and Jolly)

So he was below par in more games than I thought, anyway I'm glad we dominated the season, they give you the cup for that right?
What do you consider a par average? Swan’s Is the second highest, in history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back