Danger game for dogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 20, 2002
Seaholme
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
As a doggie supporter this game against the you guys at Colonial is a danger game for us in my opinion. I am not confident at all about playing at a ground where we have played six times so far this season for just one win "and that was against the poor old Blues" not to mention our past years record there. I dont think its got to do with who we are playing, i just believe the Dogs really struggle at Colonial whether its the conditions, the surface or in the players & coaches minds, it just has`nt been a happy hunting ground for us in the past. On paper and with your injuries at the moment the Dogs will start strong favourites.How do the Sainters go at Colonial and what your thoughts on the game?

I don't know mate...

currently our injury list stands to:

Hamill
Burke
Jones
Hayes
Hudghton
Gehrig
Everitt (susp)
Ball
Capuano
Plapp
Koschitzke
Blake
Montagna
Harvey

Hopefully out of those we will get Harvey & Jones back, but even they would be under some sort of cloud.

I counted 23 fit players, we might not even have enough players to make up an emergency list.

With such an inexperienced list it's going to be a bloody tough task to top you guys. Can't say I'm confident- but I'm hopeful of a good effort on Friday night.

All the best.

Originally posted by Savatage
I don't know mate...

currently our injury list stands to:

Hamill
Burke
Jones
Hayes
Hudghton
Gehrig
Everitt (susp)
Ball
Capuano
Plapp
Koschitzke
Blake
Montagna
Harvey

Hopefully out of those we will get Harvey & Jones back, but even they would be under some sort of cloud.

I counted 23 fit players, we might not even have enough players to make up an emergency list.

With such an inexperienced list it's going to be a bloody tough task to top you guys. Can't say I'm confident- but I'm hopeful of a good effort on Friday night.

All the best.

All the best to you to Savatage. Geeze thats a fair list of injuries the Saints have to contend with and it just makes Everitt`s suspension even more critical does`nt it, i just remember round one last year when he killed us. The injuries have really knocked the Saints around, but it does give the young blokes much needed experience and game time which will be invalueable in the future. I really believe that the Saints will be a force when you get players back from injury and blood those young blokes of yours who i reckon are some of the best young talent in the league. Once again Savatage good luck, i hope the Sainters win every other match for rest of the year, but sorry mate just not this week please. ;)

Originally posted by scoreboardend

All the best to you to Savatage. Geeze thats a fair list of injuries the Saints have to contend with and it just makes Everitt`s suspension even more critical does`nt it, i just remember round one last year when he killed us. The injuries have really knocked the Saints around, but it does give the young blokes much needed experience and game time which will be invalueable in the future. I really believe that the Saints will be a force when you get players back from injury and blood those young blokes of yours who i reckon are some of the best young talent in the league. Once again Savatage good luck, i hope the Sainters win every other match for rest of the year, but sorry mate just not this week please. ;)

Thanks for your kind words & all the best for Friday and the weeks after.

Gee Savatage there`s not much happening here. Do you get the feeling we are the only two on this board, its feels spooky really. If you want a chat about Friday nights game look me up on the Bulldogs board, your more that welcome.

Will the last person here please turn the lights out. ;) :eek:

Originally posted by dancingdoggie17
no, im here too! lol. But Im gonna say AGAIN that if the bulldogs even dream about pretending to think about winning i don't think we will. We need to tackle the saints as if they were in the top 4.

Well said dd17, danger game this. Savatage is a bit lonely here so thanks for posting. The Saints really have nothing to lose considering their injuries and no one gives them a chance of winning for that reason, on the other hand the Dogs have everything to lose with our season on the line, considering our run home. Am i the only Dogs supporter who`s worried about our record at Colonial? i`m feeling a bit paraniod, with both teams record there we could have a nil all draw. :D :D :D

the week off has finished now so we can get out of holiday mode and start talking about how the saints can win this friday. you two doggy supporters are a bit more circumspect about your chances this friday unlike a few others on the bulldogs board who are very cocky, they are talking 50 points +. having a full list to chose from and having winning form over the last 4 weeks will see your mob start as deserving favorites.

i will walk into the ground on friday night thinking that we are a chance to win and it's been a while since that has happened. over the last month the dark cloud that has been hanging over our club for the last couple of seasons seems to have lifted and with the development of our youngsters and the improvement of several middle rung players the future suddenly looks bright.

. Am i the only Dogs supporter who`s worried about our record at
Doesnt worry me too much.We played better than the dees,pies and the roos there had Brisbane on the ropes early in the last there and were in front of the crows by 5 goals in the second quarter there.Savatage how is Josh Houlihan going?I havent heard too much about him lately.Who will be your tall backs this week?Inside footy backed Riewoldt to play in defence but I thought he had been playing in attack:confused:

Originally posted by dogboy23
Doesnt worry me too much.We played better than the dees,pies and the roos there had Brisbane on the ropes early in the last there and were in front of the crows by 5 goals in the second quarter there.Savatage how is Josh Houlihan going?I havent heard too much about him lately.Who will be your tall backs this week?Inside footy backed Riewoldt to play in defence but I thought he had been playing in attack:confused:

our hooligan brother has played most of the year for springvale and just like his brother at calrton has shown glimpses of talent but is not consistent enough, yet. he and luke ball are the only players that have not played in the seniors this year. he has shown enough in front of goals for the club to persevere with him and has been close to selection on a couple of occaisions.

reiwoldt has been playing mainly as a defender this year occasionally going forward. whilst his body is still developeing the club won't throw him into a key forward position until he can cope with the constant knocks and buffeting he will get. i saw enough during the essendon game to convince me that he is a natural forward who has displayed rare class and poise for a youngster. on that day we got smashed, yet when he went to full forward he beat two all australians in dustin fletcher and sean wellman. he is the best junior i have seen at the club since plugger except i think reiwoldt is a more level headed kid than plugger was.

Doesnt worry me too much.We played better than the dees,pies and the roos there had Brisbane on the ropes early in the last there and were in front of the crows by 5 goals in the second quarter there.

Obviously i am. Its a pity playing better than the Dees, Pies, Roos Brisy and The filthy Crows there does`nt get us the four points each time. Just a coincidence i suppose that we lose 5 out of six at Colonial so far this year "i dont think we should count Carlton personally" then win the next four games away. With the teams past record at Colonial they are going to have to prove to supporters that they can win there, i would be a lot more confident playing at the MCG.
STL you wer`nt over with spider giving him some tips on how to keep his elbows down were you? ;)

Doesnt worry me too much.We played better than the dees,pies and the roos there had Brisbane on the ropes early in the last there and were in front of the crows by 5 goals in the second quarter there.

Obviously i am. Its a pity playing better than the Dees, Pies, Roos Brisy and The filthy Crows there does`nt get us the four points each time. Just a coincidence i suppose that we lose 5 out of six at Colonial so far this year "i dont think we should count Carlton personally" then win the next four games away. With the teams past record at Colonial they are going to have to prove to supporters that they can win there, i would be a lot more confident playing at the MCG.
STL you wer`nt over with spider giving him some tips on how to keep his elbows down were you? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by StrengthThroughLoyalty

if i was over there i would have told spider that lifting your elbow is very foolish except if it was to collide with the head of brad scott as a payback for throwing lenny hayes into the fence. ;)

AGREED, anyway good luck for the rest of the year guys, just not tomorrow night please, BTW i reckon it will be a ripper game.
STL, is Hudgeton playing?

AGREED, anyway good luck for the rest of the year guys, just not tomorrow night please, BTW i reckon it will be a ripper game.
STL, is Hudgeton playing?

the saints and dogs have played some ripper games over the last few years unfortunately due to a dodgy hamstring max won't be able to have a sook on the field if we just get beaten this week. :( :D

Well said dd17, danger game this. Savatage is a bit lonely here so thanks for posting. The Saints really have nothing to lose considering their injuries and no one gives them a chance of winning for that reason, on the other hand the Dogs have everything to lose with our season on the line, considering our run home. Am i the only Dogs supporter who`s worried about our record at Colonial? i`m feeling a bit paraniod, with both teams record there we could have a nil all draw. :D :D :D

No!! don't mention it!! It's only 1 hr till the game and im gettin nervous...COLONIAL!!! AHHH although we are playing well. But still, AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:eek: :eek: :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back