Analysis Danger + Kerridge VS Milera + Menzel + Gore

winning

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

For what it's worth I think you've done well. Danger was always going home and you made the most out of that trade as mileara looks a special talent and Gore could be a good get.
Kerridge for Menzel is interesting the hard working blue collar vs the not so hard working Menzel.
If Pyke can push the right buttons and get the best out of Menzel you will be rapt. I'm hoping it's a win win and kerridge plays many a game for us.
Good luck. I hope you turn him around..

You won't get much info as Pies have selected half a side as opposed to Geelong who have gone close to full strength - at home
So there will still be plenty of experienced pies players who have never played at the cattery...

If you didn't choose the Dangerfield option you probably don't know much about football. As bad the Davis vs Crouch and Gunston vs Jenkins/Grigg threads.
Thanks Mike for such clarity. I didn't choose the Dangerfield option. PD choosing to go home and slot into a new team OVER sticking it out and bringing success to his existing team - means that he gets fewer votes from my perspective. It's the difference in being a driver of the success bus or a passenger in the back seat. Will Milera and co. be drivers or passengers at the AFC ... I dunno, but until they prove otherwise I'll be voting for them.

I'm not sure if Kerridge played any different Thursday night to how he did when he was at the Crows, but he looks like an animal so far! He looks like he has A-grade potential from what I've seen!

Most fans at the Crows rated him! You need grunt and work ethic - you have that is spades! We get get the unknown, looking forward to what he can bring based on he is playing in one of the best forward lines in the AFL. He doesn't have anywhere as much pressure on him. We will see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clanger would have loved the attention tonight. All the cheering would have warmed his heart. The messiah couldn't get them over the line though....

I actually believe that we shouldn't be assessing the transaction from player vs player

For me it will be more about were we a better and more balanced team with or without Danger

We've lost one of the best players in the comp - we didn't get fair value in the trade (whatever the reason); it's extremely unlikely that we come anywhere close to breaking even.

******* Dangerfield - I hate him now; because I loved him before.

I liked him a lot before but always felt he was very much up himself even when he was with us. Thats gone to another level, now that he is at Geelong.

I love Betts, humble and humility go a long way in a players likability. So does the ability in being a gun small forward.

I think you raised a pertinent point here, we didnt trade Danger, we were forced to. Probably my only disappointment is that I felt maybe we should not have folded our cards so early in the trade period, the Cats were desperate to land him as were their fans. Hard ball for a couple more days I dont think would have hurt while in the background we could have laid the foundation for other deals as we always had Geelong's pick, Pick 28 and Gore on the table.

We've lost one of the best players in the comp - we didn't get fair value in the trade (whatever the reason); it's extremely unlikely that we come anywhere close to breaking even.

******* Dangerfield - I hate him now; because I loved him before.

People did say the same about Judd, but Kennedy has gone on to arguably become the best forward the Eagles have ever had.

If Milera becomes a gun it'll be hard to argue that we didn't break even

Back