Analysis Danger on Tim Kelly + his 2020 contract

What would be an adequate trade for Tim Kelly?

• Brad AND Steven Hill from Fremantle

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Someone from West Coast

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Two top-end draft picks

Votes: 88 62.4%
  • Top-end draft pick and player

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • Other (please specify) ______________

Votes: 12 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be harsh on Tim, Fremantle is where players careers go to die. It will be this years first rounder and next. With your second rounder coming back.
Bear minimum ... If we get 2019 & 2020 1st round pick, you will get Tim Kelly and nothing else.

That isn't how I interpret the statement at all but even so why do you think all the players I mentioned had a right to pick and get to Geelong but TK must just pick a state?
They didn't have a right. They had an opportunity. Why do you think Geelong should strengthen a club we are in direct premiership contention with next year?

Fair enough he picked WC but WC still needs to come up with a deal satisfactory to Geelong.

14 + future first/24 is not satisfactory.

They’ll need to manoeuvre and bring in a 3rd club to use their hand of picks to give us something better.

Early picks will get the deal done. Not mid range ones. They’ve had 12 months to work this out. They’ll need to include a pick better than 14, abd then also give us 14 (a single digit pick) to be satisfactory.

Otherwise there’s another club that is “home”
This.

12 months.

The arrogant WCE list managers seem not to have learned a thing.

They didn't have a right. They had an opportunity. Why do you think Geelong should strengthen a club we are in direct premiership contention with next year?

What ever the hell they had if it's good for them it's good for TK, yes it's bloody annoying he wants to go to the club that has the least currency and is a direct premiership rival but that's just the way it works, you win some you lose some.

I say we hold firm for Freo pick 6 and 7 (the Brad hill pick plus their pick) and anything short of that, he can take his chances in the draft. See if adelaide or Carlton don’t take him before Freo or WC get a pick. He’s as good a midfielder as there is going around, he’s 25 and he kicks goals. That’s rare as hens teeth and we need to be compensated accordingly. Unless west coast are prepared to offer a serious player - Gaff, Darling, all Australian quality, Plus their pick 14, they shouldn’t even be in the conversation.
The club would be doing its players and fans a disservice if they take a WCE offer that is under a Freo offer.

If they are comparable, no worries. Currently they are miles apart in terms of their best offer available.

He was a restricted free agent. Crows matched the deal meaning a trade had to be done. If there was no trade done he goes into the PSD and gets taken by any number of the Melbourne teams picking before Geelong. So not a different situation, very similar to this one. A trade needs to be done to WC or he goes into the PSD, the same as Danger, where you paid well unders.
The trade was done before we even put a contract in front of danger. So no the crows didn’t match.

There were other teams in the market for danger that could’ve offered more money than the crows or us. They would’ve matched our offer but not what other teams could’ve offered.

The trade benefited both teams. Adelaides recruiter at the time said we had done them a favour by trading.

I’m done comparing this to Kelly, the 2 deals are different!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What ever the hell they had if it's good for them it's good for TK, yes it's bloody annoying he wants to go to the club that has the least currency and is a direct premiership rival but that's just the way it works, you win some you lose some.
Nope, I'm happy to predict that you are wrong on this one. We are not GCS or Brisbane. We are one of, if not the, most professionally run clubs in the comp. We don't do what they do, we show them how it's done.

I suspect you will get this + a fringe player like Petrol in the end, for TK + something like your 2020 second rounder.
I don't want their first round pick this year. He is worth two top tens. The draft is shallow, picks between 12 and 30 are all about the same.

Incorrect. Just because the Crows matched the offer doesn't mean Danger has to sign with them. He just becomes like any other out of contract player and you have to trade for him. You really need to learn the rules.

Danger was a free agent and therefore we didn't need to trade for him.

He was a restricted free agent. Crows matched the deal meaning a trade had to be done. If there was no trade done he goes into the PSD and gets taken by any number of the Melbourne teams picking before Geelong. So not a different situation, very similar to this one. A trade needs to be done to WC or he goes into the PSD, the same as Danger, where you paid well unders.

No...a trade needs to be done to a WA club....Kelly prefers WCE but a move to WA is his primary option.

In effect, what Kelly is doing is saying to both WA clubs...I'll go to whoever gives the best deal to Geelong. He's playing this brilliantly.

OK... GOOD! Now let the games begin.
West Australia TK is going home.
Peter Bell will be rubbing his hands together IMO.
The BEST possible outcome is what we will take... I have NO doubt about it.
I like it... I like it a lot.
Those looking/wishing for a rebuild are getting one whether we like it or not.
My preference would be The Dockers #6, #22 & #26 for TK . There is our 3 Top 30 picks. Heck they can have Menegola if that helps.
I'm confident Pick #6 can be turned into something much much more...
GiddyUp Catters!!!

No...a trade needs to be done to a WA club....Kelly prefers WCE but a move to WA is his primary option.

In effect, what Kelly is doing is saying to both WA clubs...I'll go to whoever gives the best deal to Geelong. He's playing this brilliantly.
He just needs to make sure his stupid manager stays out of the public

OK... GOOD! Now let the games begin.
West Australia TK is going home.
Peter Bell will be rubbing his hands together IMO.
The BEST possible outcome is what we will take... I have NO doubt about it.
I like it... I like it a lot.
Those looking/wishing for a rebuild are getting one whether we like it or not.
My preference would be The Dockers #6, #22 & #26 for TK . There is our 3 Top 30 picks. Heck they can have Menegola if that helps.
I'm confident Pick #6 can be turned into something much much more...
GiddyUp Catters!!!
Rather two picks before 12 than three picks before 30. Everything I hear about the draft this year is some excellence in the top ten and then drops off big time after that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back