Analysis Danger on Tim Kelly + his 2020 contract

What would be an adequate trade for Tim Kelly?

• Brad AND Steven Hill from Fremantle

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Someone from West Coast

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Two top-end draft picks

Votes: 88 62.4%
  • Top-end draft pick and player

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • Other (please specify) ______________

Votes: 12 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So being reported Tim Kelly wanted to wait until after your BnF to announce this and yet the cats have let the media know now....
Poor form

I think you've just about overstayed your welcome....

Nope, I'm happy to predict that you are wrong on this one. We are not GCS or Brisbane. We are one of, if not the, most professionally run clubs in the comp. We don't do what they do, we show them how it's done.

As are WC which is why a trade will get done as much as you and others don't understand that TK is well within his right to pick the club of his choice, my bet is you wouldn't complain if the shoe was on the other foot.

Wonder if this affects GAJ decision .
MUCH Less chance of a flag tilt without TK.
Why would he bother?
Payback for 2011?
Which WA club will win his services? I hope Freo.

As are WC which is why a trade will get done as much as you and others don't understand that TK is well within his right to pick the club of his choice, my bet is you wouldn't complain if the shoe was on the other foot.
Not a chance they are in our league, either with list management, player welfare or club management.

You don't remember what happened to Willie. Peter Sumich does. More importantly, he knows the culture at the club.

Of course I wouldn't. If it's to our advantage. Doesn't mean I would give a freebie to a rival just because. I'm guessing you don't trade in anything?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incorrect. Just because the Crows matched the offer doesn't mean Danger has to sign with them. He just becomes like any other out of contract player and you have to trade for him. You really need to learn the rules.
He's not able to be traded once an offer is matched.

It's quite clear in those rules someone was saying others should learn

AFL said:
Restricted free agents have the right to move to a club of their choice, subject to the current club’s right of first refusal over their services. That is, if the current club can ‘match’ the offer from a suitor club, the player must stay or enter the draft.

Of course I wouldn't. If it's to our advantage. Doesn't mean I would give a freebie to a rival just because. I'm guessing you don't trade in anything?

I'm just glad you're not running the club, we would have a pretty terrible image among the players, who wants to come to a club that makes it bloody difficult to get to your club of choice when out of contract? Who was the last uncontracted player to not get to their club of choice?

Crows didn't match nimrod a trade was agreed to for the benefit of both clubs
Don't waste your time with ******** supporters of teams who are used to getting the No.1 pick every second year.

That isn't how I interpret the statement at all but even so why do you think all the players I mentioned had a right to pick and get to Geelong but TK must just pick a state?

Because he feels indebted to GFC and Freo joining available parties guarantees a return to Western Australia and fair compensation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just don't think it happens at the moment. I don't think Chris Scott just randomly said it. It was a warning.

I'm just glad you're not running the club, we would have a pretty terrible image among the players, who wants to come to a club that makes it bloody difficult to get to your club of choice when out of contract? Who was the last uncontracted player to not get to their club of choice?
You keep saying who was the last player not to get to a club of choice as if that is relevant to Geelong.

Don't worry, players want to come to Geelong because of their culture, facilities and lifestyle. Players who want to use us as a stepping stone, like Caddy, can piss off to mercenary clubs in Melbourne for all I care. We will pick up the Dangers, Rohan's, Dalhouses and Stevens instead.

I'm ok with that.

I'm really sick of some of my fellow Geelong fans acting like Tim Kelly shouldn't have picked WC. He is out of contract and can pick who he wants, blame the current balance of power players hold over clubs, TK isn't alone here. Did you have issues when Henderson, Smith, Rohan, Tohey, Stanley, Clarke, Ablett, Caddy requested trades to Geelong? I'm sure many of those clubs could have got better deals dealing with other Vic clubs.
TK can pick whoever he wants but if the team he selects cannot do a deal because they don't want to offer anything or anyone of value, what are we meant to do? Get real. This is a business deal and it has to go both ways

You keep saying who was the last player not to get to a club of choice as if that is relevant to Geelong.

Don't worry, players want to come to Geelong because of their culture, facilities and lifestyle. Players who want to use us as a stepping stone, like Caddy, can p**s off to mercenary clubs in Melbourne for all I care. We will pick up the Dangers, Rohan's, Dalhouses and Stevens instead.

I'm ok with that.
Deledio wanted Geelong ended up at GWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back