Analysis Danger on Tim Kelly + his 2020 contract

What would be an adequate trade for Tim Kelly?

• Brad AND Steven Hill from Fremantle

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Someone from West Coast

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Two top-end draft picks

Votes: 88 62.4%
  • Top-end draft pick and player

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • Other (please specify) ______________

Votes: 12 8.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ibuprofen

The Impaler.
Oct 2, 2019
Romania
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Transylvania Impalers.
Deledio wanted Geelong ended up at GWS
Caddy wanted North ended up at Geelong. Caddy didn't want Richmond then did when the cheque book came out.

Lets just see how anti-Fremantle he is because it didn't sound too anti-Fremantle. He could have killed any chance of Fremantle already but didn't.

That isn't how I interpret the statement at all but even so why do you think all the players I mentioned had a right to pick and get to Geelong but TK must just pick a state?

I think he is trying to do the best for himself AND Geelong. Hence the "return to WA" .... he has repeatedly said he loves the Club and I think he is doing his best to repay the Club for helping him get to where he is today.

Ricketz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2011
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
It should be similar to the Trelour deal...
Rate Treloar = Kelly? Not me. I'd be unhappy with two late first rounders with only one in this year's draft, and a return pick to WCE. Seriously, the guy in his second year of AFL was a genuine Brownlow contender in a midfield littered with superstars, Treloar wasn't anything near that, imo.

Darcy 2 Fyfe

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2011
Yallingup
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth
I say we hold firm for Freo pick 6 and 7 (the Brad hill pick plus their pick) and anything short of that, he can take his chances in the draft. See if adelaide or Carlton don’t take him before Freo or WC get a pick. He’s as good a midfielder as there is going around, he’s 25 and he kicks goals. That’s rare as hens teeth and we need to be compensated accordingly. Unless west coast are prepared to offer a serious player - Gaff, Darling, all Australian quality, Plus their pick 14, they shouldn’t even be in the conversation.
I think Peter Bell will have a crack but 6 + 7 is idiotic talk from Brendon Goddard and not anyone from Freo. I hope we push the price up for you guys and WC get the pineapple but happy to miss out on a guy who prefers WC anyway.
Has had 2 great years for you guys but we've had our Des Headland trade this lifetime. It the other mobs turn. I genuinely think we've seen his best already.

Overhang

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
I think he is trying to do the best for himself AND Geelong. Hence the "return to WA" .... he has repeatedly said he loves the Club and I think he is doing his best to repay the Club for helping him get to where he is today.

That's fair, I think Judd said similar with WC, he wanted WC go get a good deal out of it.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Getting a little ugly, with TK's manager responding to the Cats tweet, putting the kids up front as reason for picking West Coast over Freo.

The B&F will be fun.

I honestly don’t have an issue with TK choosing WCE, it’s now up to the eagles to satisfy us with something, their picks they currently have won’t do that, so Freo remain a possibility. His manager should just keep quiet.

No...a trade needs to be done to a WA club....Kelly prefers WCE but a move to WA is his primary option.

In effect, what Kelly is doing is saying to both WA clubs...I'll go to whoever gives the best deal to Geelong. He's playing this brilliantly.
Distilled right down to the core TK is saying to WCE "Do something!"

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Freo have benefited far more lately than us from 'go home' trades - why that is I don't know.
Lobbe, Hill, Hogan, McCarthy...

I'm not sure why they would want to jeopardise that. I imagine we are more of a destination club than them and if it did get ugly between the two of us in this regard I would imagine we have more firepower.

Four flags to none ...

Sep 29, 2009
Belgrave
AFL Club
Geelong
If I’m Geelong I’m telling West Coast we want pick 14 & Andrew Gaff, With Tim Kelly and a pick going back the other way, I’d also be contacting Gaff’s manager and trying to convince Gaff to get the ball rolling and perhaps ask for a trade, as there are rumors he may want to come back to Victoria.

Otherwise it’s Freo for Kelly, simply can’t be accepting pick 14 & 26.
Don't be a fool! They want to gut our midfield. Not theirs. :D

Ricketz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2011
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
Ah, it Kane "Geelong touched me here in my Premiership bone" Kornes and Terry Wallace, who is really just Caro in drag, on the trade radio today. Makes sense they have NFI.

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
He was a restricted free agent. Crows matched the deal meaning a trade had to be done. If there was no trade done he goes into the PSD and gets taken by any number of the Melbourne teams picking before Geelong. So not a different situation, very similar to this one. A trade needs to be done to WC or he goes into the PSD, the same as Danger, where you paid well unders.

No not exactly. He’d be happy to go Freo and Freo happy to have him and we get what we want. No draft required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm really sick of some of my fellow Geelong fans acting like Tim Kelly shouldn't have picked WC. He is out of contract and can pick who he wants, blame the current balance of power players hold over clubs, TK isn't alone here. Did you have issues when Henderson, Smith, Rohan, Tohey, Stanley, Clarke, Ablett, Caddy requested trades to Geelong? I'm sure many of those clubs could have got better deals dealing with other Vic clubs.

They're just looking at it from their club's unique P.O.V. Similar to when our guys belt other players, I hope they get away with it rather than being suspended even if it's blatant. It's got nothing to do with a sense of fairness or right/wrong I usually have about stuff, it's just MY footy team, ya know? I hope our players go scott free but then hope players from say... Hawthorn (picked totally at random here) get done and done harshly for even minor infractions.

Being one-eyed is forgivable, even if it's also unreasonable!:D

ibuprofen

The Impaler.
Oct 2, 2019
Romania
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Transylvania Impalers.
I think Geelong will do okay, realistically, they will probably get a top 10 and 14. West Coast will work something out even if it means a player. I wouldn't be shocked if Gaff is on the move, just where there is smoke, there is generally fire. Not necessarily to Geelong but I wouldn't be shocked. I also wouldn't be shocked if a Brander is included in lieu of picks.

Otherwise, I think Geelong just walks, lots of crap is still crap.

Play it Sam

Cupcakes are muffins who believed in miracles
Jun 25, 2013
Medicoland
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Replayaholics
Command of the English language is clearly not this bozos strong suit.
His first paragraph should state that he has requested a trade to WA with WC as his preference
The tenor of his statement reeks of WC exclusively.

And technically, the preferable term when referring to people on the spectrum of this disorder is "diagnosed" rather than "classified"
The type of autism disorder is classified, not the child.

Ricketz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2011
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
They're just looking at it from their club's unique P.O.V. Similar to when our guys belt other players, I hope they get away with it rather than being suspended even if it's blatant. It's got nothing to do with a sense of fairness or right/wrong I usually have about stuff, it's just MY footy team, ya know? I hope our players go scott free but then hope players from say... Hawthorn (picked totally at random here) get done and done harshly for even minor infractions.

Being one-eyed is forgivable, even if it's also unreasonable!:D
Unreasonable would be saying you need to go back home to your family, and then saying that only one footy club where your family is is viable. It's the same as last year, it's not unreasonable at all.

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Bear minimum ... If we get 2019 & 2020 1st round pick, you will get Tim Kelly and nothing else.

Madness. He’s going Freo if WC don’t give us what we need. Western Australia is where he’s going -good luck, thank you so much- and the car salesman has lost control of the narrative in a heart beat. A bit narky throwing up the children. We know all about it mate. He’s going home just to Freo unless they cut a deal at WC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back