Analysis Danger on Tim Kelly + his 2020 contract

What would be an adequate trade for Tim Kelly?

• Brad AND Steven Hill from Fremantle

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Someone from West Coast

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Two top-end draft picks

Votes: 88 62.4%
  • Top-end draft pick and player

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • Other (please specify) ______________

Votes: 12 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee if the club takes unders in this trade I can see all the WCE meth freaks gloating on here all year long

It’s going to be painful
I cant.

GO Catters

Well he can keep his number if he wants purple ..

Fremantle forward Jesse Hogan isn't buying the talk that Geelong star Tim Kelly is headed for West Coast.
The Herald Sun revealed yesterday that Kelly will request a trade to his home state of Western Australia at the end of the season.
West Coast’s offer is expected to be a six-year contract that could earn him nearly $5 million over the course of the deal.
The Dockers and Cats are offering similar deals but Kelly hasn't swayed from his determination to play under Adam Simpson at the Eagles.
That is unless he is swayed by Hogan's Instagram post today.
The former Demon, who arrived at the Dockers during last year's trade period, has offered to give up his No.11 locker to the Geelong midfielder and tempted Kelly with the possibility of a locker next to All-Australian forward Michael Walters.
kelly-insta.jpg
kelly-insta2.jpg

Its about the best if they dont get something else in... maybe we do squeeze them for a player as well. It gets back to how determined nay stubborn everyone is .. WC have shown they will just walk...and what do they lose really. Kelly can he really let this chance go to get back to WA.. but he wants WA under his own choice...so it the pressure will be on us to blink.

If Nic Nat , McGoven , Gaff now Kelly ... thats a lot of talent on a lot of money .. maybe NicNat signs for a lot less..but still Darling is a recent signing as well.. so does someone get moved out..?
Nic Nat is on low pay due to compromised knees. Masten could be moved on to Goldcoast or wherever. JK could take a pay cut as he's in the twilight of his career.

Bloody hell some people got sucked in and lost their heads yesterday. The same crew as last off season. Just really disappointing to see supporters lowering their colours like that.

Good luck for finals 2019 Tim.
Were people abusing his wife again?? Only time I've been a bit embarrassed going for Geelong was last year.

Were people abusing his wife again?? Only time I've been a bit embarrassed going for Geelong was last year.
It wasn't nearly that bad as thankfully she hasn't been providing ammunition people can jump onto.

It's more Ralphy going "I reckon he's definitely gone" then a few on here going "that's an absolute dog act Tim, what happened to loyalty, how about this for timing, plus you've jumped off a ladder and broken your arm you absolute nuffy".

It should always have been regarded as a shock if he stayed. Not impossible, but a huge upset. He's performed to an exemplary level without throwing the toys out of the pram and that's all you can expect. It's given us a chance to contend. Mutual benefit.

The club are obliged to fish for the best deal, which last off season meant turning down crappy offers and getting top level performance for cheap $$$ another year. Tim was obliged to accept that and be a professional. Unfortunately supporters aren't obliged to abstain from being idiots. It is what it is.

Are you serious?
The clubs couldn't agree on a deal so the deal didn't happen and TK played this year for Geelong.
You offered your lowest pick which we eventually accepted but asked for a future pick which you wouldn’t commit

Despite us agreeing to a lower value picks than what was asked

Your club just wants him cheap and are willing to * us over it.

The club has issued a statement from TK indicating NO decision has been made. Extraordinary. If the journo had nothing then this is pretty shameful. Who was it and do they have Robbo like form in this regard? Scott G. on the podcast indicated it was all not surprising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The club has issued a statement from TK indicating NO decision has been made. Extraordinary. If the journo had nothing then this is pretty shameful. Who was it and do they have Robbo like form in this regard? Scott G. on the podcast indicated it was all not surprising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Should be a fine involved for making s**t up ...that’ll stop them after a while

The media industry is beyond a joke you might as well just publish the scandals and rumours page from BF

Nic Nat is on low pay due to compromised knees. Masten could be moved on to Goldcoast or wherever. JK could take a pay cut as he's in the twilight of his career.
Nic Nat on low pay? Sam Maclure reported today on SEN that the Eagles have 3 players on a million bucks and one of them was Nic Nat. McGovern on 1.15....yeah they've got plenty of cash to offer...not.

Nic Nat on low pay? Sam Maclure reported today on SEN that the Eagles have 3 players on a million bucks and one of them was Nic Nat. McGovern on 1.15....yeah they've got plenty of cash to offer...not.

I agree that they would be tight salary cap wise but since when is that flog McClure a worthy source of information, guy is a complete pleb.

It wasn't nearly that bad as thankfully she hasn't been providing ammunition people can jump onto.

It's more Ralphy going "I reckon he's definitely gone" then a few on here going "that's an absolute dog act Tim, what happened to loyalty, how about this for timing, plus you've jumped off a ladder and broken your arm you absolute nuffy".

It should always have been regarded as a shock if he stayed. Not impossible, but a huge upset. He's performed to an exemplary level without throwing the toys out of the pram and that's all you can expect. It's given us a chance to contend. Mutual benefit.

The club are obliged to fish for the best deal, which last off season meant turning down crappy offers and getting top level performance for cheap $$$ another year. Tim was obliged to accept that and be a professional. Unfortunately supporters aren't obliged to abstain from being idiots. It is what it is.

To be fair, I never said he HAD jumped off a ladder......merely said there was a rumour he'd fallen, and injured his HIP.

I was also very specific in stating it was an alleged incident, and unlikely to be true as it was based in social media.

But yeah, point taken. I shouldn't have reported it.

Glad it was blatantly false 😀

The deal is expected to see the ruckman, who has played just 30 games since the Eagles competed in the 2015 grand final against Hawthorn, finish his career in Perth.
It is thought to be a large reduction on Naitanui's previous contract, with West Coast accounting for the 29-year-old's recent injury issues.

Nic Naitanui signs new deal with West Coast Eagles for three years amid latest AFL comeback - ABC News - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06...-coast-eagles-deal-amid-afl-comeback/11218620

The deal is expected to see the ruckman, who has played just 30 games since the Eagles competed in the 2015 grand final against Hawthorn, finish his career in Perth.
It is thought to be a large reduction on Naitanui's previous contract, with West Coast accounting for the 29-year-old's recent injury issues.

Nic Naitanui signs new deal with West Coast Eagles for three years amid latest AFL comeback - ABC News - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06...-coast-eagles-deal-amid-afl-comeback/11218620
Do you guys believe everything journos say?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, I never said he HAD jumped off a ladder......merely said there was a rumour he'd fallen, and injured his HIP.

I was also very specific in stating it was an alleged incident, and unlikely to be true as it was based in social media.

But yeah, point taken. I shouldn't have reported it.

Glad it was blatantly false 😀
I didn't mind that a rumour came out, it happens. It was response to the rumour before it became fact! Keep your powder dry is what I meant. I Didnt even know it was you that revealed it haha.

I didn't mind that a rumour came out, it happens. It was response to the rumour before it became fact! Keep your powder dry is what I meant. I Didnt even know it was you that revealed it haha.

It was relayed to me by my other half, who saw the allegation come up in a social media feed.

Glad it was crap tho 😀

Do you believe that he is going to west coast as reported ..?
My opinion is where there's smoke there's fire. We have a journo/radio commentator in WA by the name of Kim Hagdorn. He was coming up with rumours that would sometimes come true. Sometimes they have inside info given by someone that wasn't suppose to leak out.
Do I think He's coming to Westcoast?
Lets see... He wanted a trade there last year. Made enquiries this year. Has established contact with both Westcoast and Freo which is in his best interest to secure higher offers. His wife wants to go back. His kids have family support there. He's from Perth. Probably barracked for Westcoast all his life.
What do you think?

My opinion is where there's smoke there's fire. We have a journo/radio commentator in WA by the name of Kim Hagdorn. He was coming up with rumours that would sometimes come true. Sometimes they have inside info given by someone that wasn't suppose to leak out.
Lets see... He wanted a trade there last year. Made enquiries this year. Has established contact with both Westcoast and Freo which is in his best interest to secure higher offers. His wife wants to go back. His kids have family support there. He's from Perth. Probably barracked for Westcoast all his life.
What do you think?

I dont believe everything reported so .. have to wait and see. If I was a guessing ... Id guess he ends up there.

I think with Kelly ( re what Geel get for him - or are offered ) will depend a bit on how he performs in the big final against the Magpies

If he has a tremendous game ( lets hope he does ) then its full steam ahead with both WA teams trying to get him . However conversely if Kelly has a shocker - like he did against Melb in that final last year - then they both might get cold feet

Ive said all along there is buyer beware with Kelly - because he is not a good kick . If Kelly could kick a football like Neville Bruns - then he would be an absolute super star - but he cant - and thats why he kept getting overlooked in all those drafts - he has said it himself - the recruiters kept telling him - your kicking is not up to scratch . If you are going to pay top $ for someone - you dont want a weakness in their game

I can remember when Colbert walked out on Geel - and it was a buying frenzy - all these clubs wanted him - Colbert was an honest player - but he was not quick - far from it - and Geel in my opinion did their best trade ever - getting Mooney and drafts picks - and from the buyers point of view - Nth Melb - it ended up a shocking trade

I think with Kelly ( re what Geel get for him - or are offered ) will depend a bit on how he performs in the big final against the Magpies

If he has a tremendous game ( lets hope he does ) then its full steam ahead with both WA teams trying to get him . However conversely if Kelly has a shocker - like he did against Melb in that final last year - then they both might get cold feet

Ive said all along there is buyer beware with Kelly - because he is not a good kick . If Kelly could kick a football like Neville Bruns - then he would be an absolute super star - but he cant - and thats why he kept getting overlooked in all those drafts - he has said it himself - the recruiters kept telling him - your kicking is not up to scratch . If you are going to pay top $ for someone - you dont want a weakness in their game

I can remember when Colbert walked out on Geel - and it was a buying frenzy - all these clubs wanted him - Colbert was an honest player - but he was not quick - far from it - and Geel in my opinion did their best trade ever - getting Mooney and drafts picks - and from the buyers point of view - Nth Melb - it ended up a shocking trade

Enjoyed the post, although the reference to Neville Bruns' footskills baffled me somewhat - Bruns gave excellent service, but I don't recall his kicking being all that above-average... neat, if anything (which I suppose shouldn't be undersold).

I agree with the broader point that Kelly can be loose by foot and that the club may well turn his defection into a win down the line.
Colbert played some decent footy with North, but was just as often injured - and he didn't play in a premiership side, much less 3.

Collingwood would be mad not to put the hardest possible tag onto Kelly.

What do you think?
Was a lot of smoke around Cogs, until it is finalised or a player says i am going smoke is usually just media bullshit

Enjoyed the post, although the reference to Neville Bruns' footskills baffled me somewhat - Bruns gave excellent service, but I don't recall his kicking being all that above-average... neat, if anything (which I suppose shouldn't be undersold).

I agree with the broader point that Kelly can be loose by foot and that the club may well turn his defection into a win down the line.
Colbert played some decent footy with North, but was just as often injured - and he didn't play in a premiership side, much less 3.

Collingwood would be mad not to put the hardest possible tag onto Kelly.

No Brunsie was a very good kick - powerfull kick - out at Waverley one day - off one step - 65 metre drop punt goal - with plenty of power - Kelly couldnt do that in his dreams - he actually tried to pull the trigger against Carlton a couple of times and they were complete miss kicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back