Analysis Danger on Tim Kelly + his 2020 contract

What would be an adequate trade for Tim Kelly?

• Brad AND Steven Hill from Fremantle

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Someone from West Coast

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Two top-end draft picks

Votes: 88 62.4%
  • Top-end draft pick and player

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • Other (please specify) ______________

Votes: 12 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Fox Kelly has told West Coast he wants to go there

Fox were also saying Shaun Burgoyne to Gold Coast was a done deal.

Fact is there is no new info regarding Kelly staying or leaving and the talk of him wanting to go to West Coast is based on what happened 12 months ago.

Stephen Coniglio was as good as gone from GWS too.

Kelly loves it here, loves the club and has a lot of good mates here too.

Him and Caitlin are building their own place in the Mt Duneed Villawood Estate, why would they be doing so if they were planning on packing up and moving back to Perth? Sorry if mentioned already but from the handful of posts I've read I haven't seen it mentioned and I don't have time to go through 93 pages.

Fox were also saying Shaun Burgoyne to Gold Coast was a done deal.

Fact is there is no new info regarding Kelly staying or leaving and the talk of him wanting to go to West Coast is based on what happened 12 months ago.

Stephen Coniglio was as good as gone from GWS too.

Kelly loves it here, loves the club and has a lot of good mates here too.

Him and Caitlin are building their own place in the Mt Duneed Villawood Estate, why would they be doing so if they were planning on packing up and moving back to Perth? Sorry if mentioned already but from the handful of posts I've read I haven't seen it mentioned and I don't have time to go through 93 pages.

Hope he is building next to me, im building down there as we speak!!!!

Is this true or just a made up rumour like the last one?

This is kind of an interesting read - does it mean that Geelong had enquired about Petruccelle, was there interest from another Victorian club or were WCE trying to gauge if there was interst from another Victorian club should a 3-way trade have been required? Because I haven't heard of him wanting out, but maybe he is/was a player who WCE considered a potential trade bait should that path have been required to facilitate a trade for Kelly

We would have wanted Brander more than Petrucelle anyway so i dont see the relevance.

Devon Smith is from Geelong, was rumoured to come to Geelong and bought an almost 1 million dollar property in Geelong West but he went to Essendon.

Rich people buy investment properties.

Is this true or just a made up rumour like the last one?
Mine wasn't necessarily made up.. I had heard they had brought a house, I just decided to push it, I believe I described my approach as like "Nakia/Cockarfitt" to catempire... and then see how many went with it, but most importantly was hoping that Tom Browne would run with it :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

And if anyone is shitty at me, I really don't care... Lighten up, it's a bloke who can play some good footy.. If he stays or goes home.. There are much more important things in life to worry about

Devon Smith is from Geelong, was rumoured to come to Geelong and bought an almost 1 million dollar property in Geelong West but he went to Essendon.

Rich people buy investment properties.

It is odd to 'build' an investment property rather than 'buy' one though. Doesn't happen too often. Still think he'll go, but is odd

We would have wanted Brander more than Petrucelle anyway so i dont see the relevance.

Petrochelli has been linked to other teams who may then give us the pick we would prefer..but really hardly much of an obstacle imo. Plenty of ways to get it done.. and Petro and Riolli are no the same types..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is odd to 'build' an investment property rather than 'buy' one though. Doesn't happen too often. Still think he'll go, but is odd

Happens a bit for tax reasons as for a new place they can set up a depreciation schedule and claim depreciation against the rental income from the property on their tax returns.

Half of Point Cook would be owned by people in China too. They had just moved on from apartments in Docklands to house and land packages in Point Cook before APRA brought in tougher lending rules for non residents / permanent residents living and working overseas a few years back.

Ahh man! I forgot he can't handle a hard tag.
Why is he even playing in the seniors????

For the big dollars though maxy if he leaves and gets his million per-season would be interesting in a few scenarios. West Coast for example though Yeo will probably still be the best mid, Gaff, Shuey, Nat plenty of quality so you probably get very similar level to Geelong. He works well in a group and can excel like Geelong for instance pretty clearly geelongs 2nd best mid around with duncan this season.

Always interesting to see how the old debate goes send T.Kelly to North, St Kilda, Port Adelaide type where you know he will get scrapped every week and you paid to be the star of the show it's a tough world and why no midfielder is jumping out of the skin to take huge money leaving a solid scenario aka Martin, J.Kelly, Coniglio.

Even joel a few years back before danger jumped on board struggles with a tag.

Different players imo

Kelly is all about his career , he has no love for the club
100%.

He wants to be acknowledged as being a great. Doesn’t matter which club he’s at.

You can always rely on this self-interest to drive his game to great heights.

Yes, of course a well paying contract with the Eagles leads to a more comfortable life, but he burns to be recognised as a great - because he was ignored so many times.

Yes, of course a well paying contract with the Eagles leads to a more comfortable life, but he burns to be recognised as a great - because he was ignored so many times.
If I'd been spurned and repeatedly overlooked by WCE it wouldn't be the club I'd want to play for to prove them wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back