Analysis Danger on Tim Kelly + his 2020 contract

What would be an adequate trade for Tim Kelly?

• Brad AND Steven Hill from Fremantle

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Someone from West Coast

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Two top-end draft picks

Votes: 88 62.4%
  • Top-end draft pick and player

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • Other (please specify) ______________

Votes: 12 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not quite sure what your point is cats_09.

The 2 players have been told they're free to try and get the best deal they possibly can as they are 30 years of age and have slipped down the order.

Hats off to the club for looking after them and letting them get the most out of their limited playing future.

There's every chance that they may not be on our roster by the time final teams have been published. It would be a shame to leave them hanging if they can get a better deal elsewhere.

Out of curiosity - why are they so many Eagles fans who are watching this thread and so quick to reply to posts?

As for what I'm getting at - there's been Eagles fans on here who have repeatedly said how good the club is, that they don't get rid of players who don't want to leave, blah blah blah

So according to those posters, if those 2 players don't want out then the a Eagles would re-sign then and not make them leave. Very rarely once a team says "look at your opportunities", are those players still on the list the next year.

So in reality, the Eagles are no different to any other club and will make decisions that are at the best interest of the club as their first priority.

What happened to WCE not trading players that don't want to leave - because isn't basically what we did with Menzel, Murdoch & Thurlow last year: "it's not that we don't want to keep you but we think it would be better if you looked at other options..."

EAGLES DUO IN LIMBO

The future of premiership Eagles Chris Masten and Will Schofield have been told they’re free to explore their trade options with their West Coast futures set to only become clearer after the club’s 2019 campaign ends, reports AFL Media.

Masten and Schofield were integral members of West Coast’s 2018 premiership side, but both players have spent some time in the WAFL this season.

Both 30-year-old players are unrestricted free agents at season’s end.

AFL Media reported on Wednesday that Schofield and Masten could be offered one-year deals, but the Eagles have also given them the green light to suss out rival clubs — if they want — if they believe their futures aren’t at the Eagles.

The duo both featured in the recent elimination final win over Essendon at Optus Stadium, with Masten finishing with 21 disposals and eight marks while Schofield stood tall on the last line of defence.

Masten, Pick 3 in the 2007 draft, has played just 16 games for the Eagles in 2019, while Schofield has only managed 13.

WE have our quote ..move along move along

Out of curiosity - why are they so many Eagles fans who are watching this thread and so quick to reply to posts?

As for what I'm getting at - there's been Eagles fans on here who have repeatedly said how good the club is, that they don't get rid of players who don't want to leave, blah blah blah

So according to those posters, if those 2 players don't want out then the a Eagles would re-sign then and not make them leave. Very rarely once a team says "look at your opportunities", are those players still on the list the next year.

So in reality, the Eagles are no different to any other club and will make decisions that are at the best interest of the club as their first priority.

they are trigger.

GO Catters

Hang on a second. You guys drafted him knowing what his situation was. It is the lack of support from YOUR club that makes him want to leave and come back to Perth. There are two AFL clubs in Perth. We are trying to help out, but can only offer what we can offer.

You have absolutely no idea what support our club has provided, so don't speculate, nor try and take the moral high ground.

Most WC fans are looking at the threads on TK as it directly effects our club and will have a major impact on our 2020 either way he decides.

Same as Geelong posters coming onto our board an commenting, no harm in that.

I watch this one and the one on the Trades board daily for a few laughs as well.

I see your point with what you're saying as we have plenty of nuffie supporters like most clubs that are one eyed and don't make any sense. One of the reasons I watch this thread as they make me laugh with some of their comments.

With Masten and Schofield they are at the end of their careers and there's every chance they might be done.

We're obviously shopping around for better players and they are borderline to be kept.

Theses guys aren't being pushed out of the club though or traded on in any way. They are free to leave if they find a contract better than what they can expect from us in 2020.

If we don't bring in any fresh players then they'll likely get a 1 year extension if they are still around.

I thought it was a pretty decent thing the club said to the blokes to be honest. Good servants to the club both of them.

Most WC fans are looking at the threads on TK as it directly effects our club and will have a major impact on our 2020 either way he decides.

Same as Geelong posters coming onto our board an commenting, no harm in that.

I watch this one and the one on the Trades board daily for a few laughs as well.

I see your point with what you're saying as we have plenty of nuffie supporters like most clubs that are one eyed and don't make any sense. One of the reasons I watch this thread as they make me laugh with some of their comments.

With Masten and Schofield they are at the end of their careers and there's every chance they might be done.

We're obviously shopping around for better players and they are borderline to be kept.

Theses guys aren't being pushed out of the club though or traded on in any way. They are free to leave if they find a contract better than what they can expect from us in 2020.

If we don't bring in any fresh players then they'll likely get a 1 year extension if they are still around.

I thought it was a pretty decent thing the club said to the blokes to be honest. Good servants to the club both of them.

There are level headed supporters and ones who can be rather ardent and short sighted for all clubs...

Last edited:
According to Fox Kelly has told West Coast he wants to go there
s**t reporting

He said that 12 months ago.

Breaking news my ******* arse.

Go Catters

The most disappointing thing about all this is that McClueless or the ambulance chaser Tom Browne never ran with the house story :'(

It is the lack of support from YOUR club that makes him want to leave and come back to Perth. There are two AFL clubs in Perth. We are trying to help out, but can only offer what we can offer.
I can say this with 1000% certainty that is absolute horse s**t, the club and in particular the WAGs have gone over and above to try and help the Kelly clan.. Nothing was ever going to be good enough though for the Mrs, bridges have been burnt... The players love TK and want him around, there are going to be no tears shed by the women around the players though

The most disappointing thing about all this is that McClueless or the ambulance chaser Tom Browne never ran with the house story :'(
Also anyone shitty that I pushed a rumour with no grounds... You also need to blame catempire for being an enabler :tearsofjoy: :straining:

You didn't drop enough hints obviously - should have got Daz to get krock to run with the story

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You didn't drop enough hints obviously - should have got Daz to get krock to run with the story
I did pose it as a question to the KROCK guys for their podcast to see if they knew any more about the rumour...but they didn't know anything about it.

Daz is too pure to do that, he knew I was talking s**t cos I owned up to him in person. So he couldn't push it with others still haha

West coasts R1s this year and next are late teens picks. That’s not enough for TK.

I’d be at the very minimum pushing for those R1s plus a swap of our R2 for their Sydney R2.

R1 + next year’s R1 + 22 for TK and 32 or whatever.

Gives us 14, 18, 22 this year and two R1s next year to help build our new core with Clark, parfitt, Constable, Narkle, esava, miers, Henry

This is kind of an interesting read - does it mean that Geelong had enquired about Petruccelle, was there interest from another Victorian club or were WCE trying to gauge if there was interst from another Victorian club should a 3-way trade have been required? Because I haven't heard of him wanting out, but maybe he is/was a player who WCE considered a potential trade bait should that path have been required to facilitate a trade for Kelly

HOW RIOLI’S BAN COULD AFFECT EAGLES’ BID FOR KELLY
West Coast’s desire to land Tim Kelly may have taken a big hit amid small forward Willie Rioli’s potential four-year ban.
Rioli has been charged with tampering with an urine sample and is expected to be at the centre of a very lengthy investigation for the foreseeable future.
The Eagles must therefore reassess their small forward stocks, which could mean Jack Petruccelle — who had been linked with a move back to Victoria — becomes a very required player.
Petruccelle was the late inclusion for the provisionally banned Rioli on Friday night and, as Sam Landsberger told AFL Tonight, the 20-year’s stocks have “gone up”, which could impact a potential trade with Geelong.
“There was a little bit of scuttlebutt earlier in the week that Petruccelle might be roped in if a stalemate emerged,” Landsberger said.
“Petruccelle is contracted until next year and given Rioli is potentially facing a long time out of the game I think West Coast will be very, very keen to keep their hands on the Victorian.
“His stocks have gone up.”

This is kind of an interesting read - does it mean that Geelong had enquired about Petruccelle, was there interest from another Victorian club or were WCE trying to gauge if there was interst from another Victorian club should a 3-way trade have been required? Because I haven't heard of him wanting out, but maybe he is/was a player who WCE considered a potential trade bait should that path have been required to facilitate a trade for Kelly

If it were a choice between Petruccelle and Kelly, even with Rioli out, I know who I'd be taking if I were in WCE's position.

A coat for the Journo that wrote that ..

Puffcoat.jpeg

I thought they would come up with some SC complication. There were a couple of guys in that side lat night who have been told to look options ..Masten was one...
That goal Kelly scored in q1 ..if they dont want Kelly after that.. if they are not prepared to go the extra metre after that .. then I would be surprised at their closed fist action. If they had coughed their Future pick from this year ..last year he would have been kicking that for them against us..

I think given Kelly handed them their heads on a plate early on Friday, plus the Rioli fiasco, we are in a stronger position. I would like to see Oscar Allen in the discussion, given they didn’t rate him enough to give him a game in the finals. First round plus Oscar Allen plus second round/future swaps ?

I think given Kelly handed them their heads on a plate early on Friday, plus the Rioli fiasco, we are in a stronger position. I would like to see Oscar Allen in the discussion, given they didn’t rate him enough to give him a game in the finals. First round plus Oscar Allen plus second round/future swaps ?
Allen missed the finals due to knee soreness - he traveled with the team to Melbourne but would have been a long shot to play

He didn't miss the finals due to not being rated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back