Analysis Danger on Tim Kelly + his 2020 contract

What would be an adequate trade for Tim Kelly?

• Brad AND Steven Hill from Fremantle

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Someone from West Coast

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Two top-end draft picks

Votes: 88 62.4%
  • Top-end draft pick and player

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • Other (please specify) ______________

Votes: 12 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know who was the whining moaning bitch when all the talk was about Jackson Hately at draft time you hypocrite.
That's all you do though, and I didn't whine, I just don't rate him, there's a difference.

I don't really care what the difference is, if you don't like what i have to say stiff s**t.
Your opinion means nothing to me. Now go away troll.

I think he'll go at the end of the year still, and because he's out of contract the Eagles will get him cheaper than what they would've last trading period. I think the cats know this but thought the premiership window is still ajar this season coming and having a player of Tim's caliber isn't going to hurt. It'll be disappointing to see him go, but it's his life and he's allowed to live it as he sees fit.

Maybe

Maybe, just maybe the money is not what it is about, maybe Tim puts his family first.

If Tim had his way he would stay. It’s only his whinging missus that wants to go home to WA. Tim loves it here.

We'll be looking after him at the end of the year as he'll get a fair contract and GFC will get a fair deal from WC.

We've been always fair traders, if anything we pay overs, it was just unfortunate for us and TK we didn't have the currency to get him home last year.

This year should be different and the GFC will be rewarded for the development that you've given him over 2018 and 2019.

Hahaha. You will still offer jackshit and then wonder why a deal doesn’t get done. You had the currency last year but your club clearly didn’t rate Tim high enough to bother offering his value.

Get off your high horse, i replied to a guy who said we'll be rewarded for his development so it was relevant.

Take your garbage to the chris scott thread ffs. Stop trying to ruin every thread with this crap.

If Tim had his way he would stay. It’s only his whinging missus that wants to go home to WA. Tim loves it here.

Hahaha. You will still offer jackshit and then wonder why a deal doesn’t get done. You had the currency last year but your club clearly didn’t rate Tim high enough to bother offering his value.

Take your garbage to the chris scott thread ffs. Stop trying to ruin every thread with this crap.
It was relevant to the question and if you didn't like it put me on ignore.

I think he'll go at the end of the year still, and because he's out of contract the Eagles will get him cheaper than what they would've last trading period. I think the cats know this but thought the premiership window is still ajar this season coming and having a player of Tim's caliber isn't going to hurt. It'll be disappointing to see him go, but it's his life and he's allowed to live it as he sees fit.

I kind of doubt Geelong double down's.

Last year there were plenty that thought Geelong would just drop and roll , and show their furry white tummy , waiting for a pat or a kick what ever WC were willing to pass on... many media said have no fear it will get done.

And then it didn't.

What? What? they said .. Geelong didnt you know the script.. well you just may get less next year ..who knows what you will get.

As much as keeping a PnP player for another year ..I think Geelong probably placed a high importance on holding a contracted player and letting it be seen that they held him ... and just not letting the paper turn mush. Sure they may get less although one really doesnt know what one gets till the the rather rotund female sings her last song... the pick being a number , not a player. Just like a Caddy for Parfitt thing can be made now you know who you got for what ever pick we got for him.

So I doubt Geelong double downs. I think they will deal if they have to and move on. Its what they usually do and they will want to balance the stand they took last year with the general ideal of welfare they like to think and like other to think they have for their players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think his sister moving to Geelong changes things a little. She’s working in Geelong as well. I’m just wondering if Stokesy is working on career paths for them in Geelong. I’m not sure he will go as much as I was last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think he'll go at the end of the year still, and because he's out of contract the Eagles will get him cheaper than what they would've last trading period.

Which would mean what, they'll assume it gets done for a fourth rounder?

Nah you just use any excuse to bring scott hate into every thread. It’s like a complete obsession. Like it or lump it, we have 4 more years.

I’d rather hope he turns it around than prey for his failure.

Praying for Scott's failure demonstrates a small mind and an inability to rise above a personal vendetta, instead of seeing the bigger picture and understanding his success means the club succeeds.

Nah you just use any excuse to bring scott hate into every thread. It’s like a complete obsession. Like it or lump it, we have 4 more years.

I’d rather hope he turns it around than prey for his failure.
Well you better get used to the bashings for the next 4 years, i don't need to pray, failure is destiny.

Praying for Scott's failure demonstrates a small mind and an inability to rise above a personal vendetta, instead of seeing the bigger picture and understanding his success means the club succeeds.
How's this guy, every second post of his is about preaching and encouraging people to use the ignore function so you would think when someone that he has on ignore comes along with a post that he wouldn't get involved. Wrong!!! like a hypocrite he has to get his two bobs worth even after telling everyone to ignore, got to love his type.

Another post of yours focussed on the poster....I've warned others, who desist... but you just keep on with it......the coach....the club and now other posters...

2 minutes to midnight Jumpy.

I think his sister moving to Geelong changes things a little. She’s working in Geelong as well. I’m just wondering if Stokesy is working on career paths for them in Geelong. I’m not sure he will go as much as I was last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm thinking he'll stay for the same reasons you've listed. I have a feeling appointing Stokes as a player welfare manager was more about keeping Kelly's family happy with his contacts in the indigenous community around the Geelong area. A family member moving to the other side of the country is just the beginning. Would not surprise me if Kelly's either re-signed or at least negotiating another contract by the mid-season bye.

I kind of doubt Geelong double down's.

Last year there were plenty that thought Geelong would just drop and roll , and show their furry white tummy , waiting for a pat or a kick what ever WC were willing to pass on... many media said have no fear it will get done.

And then it didn't.

What? What? they said .. Geelong didnt you know the script.. well you just may get less next year ..who knows what you will get.

As much as keeping a PnP player for another year ..I think Geelong probably placed a high importance on holding a contracted player and letting it be seen that they held him ... and just not letting the paper turn mush. Sure they may get less although one really doesnt know what one gets till the the rather rotund female sings her last song... the pick being a number , not a player. Just like a Caddy for Parfitt thing can be made now you know who you got for what ever pick we got for him.

So I doubt Geelong double downs. I think they will deal if they have to and move on. Its what they usually do and they will want to balance the stand they took last year with the general ideal of welfare they like to think and like other to think they have for their players.

I don't think Tim is that concerned with the games football clubs play. He has a contract, he'll play. But when that contract ends at the end of this season the power is back in his hands IMO. Like I said, he'll go back to WA, and that's his prerogative. Geelong double downs mean nothing if we end up in the same place we did last year come seasons end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back