Analysis Danger on Tim Kelly + his 2020 contract

What would be an adequate trade for Tim Kelly?

• Brad AND Steven Hill from Fremantle

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Someone from West Coast

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Two top-end draft picks

Votes: 88 62.4%
  • Top-end draft pick and player

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • Other (please specify) ______________

Votes: 12 8.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricketz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2011
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
I take it that everyone thinks he’s gone.

My very late mail is that partner doesn’t want the responsibility of taking ‘TK away from his cats’.

Hope everyone understands she is really young with allot of stuff on her plate. Gosh TK is only what 24. Whatever they do wish them all the best,loved every second of it. Will cheer TK whatever he does. Absolute champion on ALL fronts and so is partner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm on the fence. Everything you read is pure speculation about what he is going to do, and is as valid as your opinion or mine.

Ricketz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2011
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
I would be very surprised if he stayed. My guess is in the next few weeks we will get the old "negotiations on hold until the end of the season" line, and then that will be it. It looks like he genuinely likes the club, but the pull of family and home can be very strong. As somebody who lives interstate myself I get that.

That being said, good on him for not losing the plot after his trade request failed last year. He came back to the club this year, put his head down and just kept on playing. Now he's a Brownlow contender and his form means we have a much better shot at extracting a good deal at the trade table this year (albeit from just 2 clubs)
His value goes up every game. They will say that whether he stays or goes, unless he signs a contract with us earlier. What else should they say?

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
In my view , that means bugger all. As I think that was the same thing last year...

I dont think it definitively says one thing. Mitch Robinson (Brisb) apparently said that media should camp out at the Airports on these weeks off as players do a bit talking to prospective clubs one the bye week... but its not an absolute.

sexyhunk

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
melb
AFL Club
Geelong
he definitely wants to go back but with each game it gets harder and harder for a trade as his value keep going up.

he will be going to west coast as it is his prefer club and he will get there.

the absolute max we get is a first and a future first from WC, no players will be involve.

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Why would you bother taking 3 kids across the country for a couple of days. Seems a lot of work for not much upside. Doesn't surprise me that they are not going back.
It's more than a "couple of days" There a players from various clubs heading for warmer climes up north. And I'm sure he'd get the okay for an extension of time away if it was requested.

Added to which there's no reason why wifey and kids couldn't stay longer.

Sticksman

Club Legend
Feb 7, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
TK said he was heading to Lorne during the bye. That to me means he and his partner are booked into a luxury apartment (prob paid for by a grateful sponsor) for a relaxing time with the kids and away from all other distractions. Good luck to them.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
It's more than a "couple of days" There a players from various clubs heading for warmer climes up north. And I'm sure he'd get the okay for an extension of time away if it was requested.

Added to which there's no reason why wifey and kids couldn't stay longer.

They interviewed Duncan post match and it was 4 days. Sure she could stay longer but then she is back on the plane with 3 kids by herself. Just not worth it.

Ricketz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2011
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
he definitely wants to go back but with each game it gets harder and harder for a trade as his value keep going up.

he will be going to west coast as it is his prefer club and he will get there.

the absolute max we get is a first and a future first from WC, no players will be involve.
Bullshit.

Nov 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Whether he stays or leaves is secondary at the moment. We need the very best on field effort he can produce for the remainder of this season.

This, and only this.
Next year can wait until next year, we are primed for a flag NOW and TK is front and center as to why, let's ensure that first then whatever happens happens.
At the very least I think most GFC fans will support TK in whatever decision he makes, as we are all very understanding of his position.

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
They interviewed Duncan post match and it was 4 days. Sure she could stay longer but then she is back on the plane with 3 kids by herself. Just not worth it.
It's more than that from what I'm lead to believe. Anyway, as I said, I'm positive the club would take into account TKs situation and allow him longer if he was of a mind to visit WA. As they did with his pre-season return. And wifey could stay as long a she wanted before returning.

My initial post was placing an optimistic take on his decision to not return to WA for the break. As I said, it gave me some solace as I appreciate our chances of holding him are not good. Sadly.

goyoucatters

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
Today's 'news' surely leaves the club with no alternative than to extensively plan for Kelly's departure. Has to be 20-80 at best to stay now, you would think.

Hopefully his stellar season continues, though. Primarily so that we can really push for the flag, and secondly so that the bidding war regarding his trade value can reach fever pitch between the W.A. clubs.

In the meantime. keep tearing it up, TK...

Tony Barber

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Re: the autism. (This is not about keeping Kelly)

There's a group in the USA about to do a phase 3 trial on a drug for retts.
The group that developed it is Neuren from NZ.

Neuren believe that it might be a drug that will help autism. They think there's a cross over with retts and autism.
Cross your fingers.

Assuming it passes (which is a huge if. No one has achieved a pass in this area)
Drugs might start appearing in 2022

Estimated treatment cost is $200k per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back