Analysis Danger on Tim Kelly + his 2020 contract

What would be an adequate trade for Tim Kelly?

• Brad AND Steven Hill from Fremantle

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Someone from West Coast

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Two top-end draft picks

Votes: 88 62.4%
  • Top-end draft pick and player

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • Other (please specify) ______________

Votes: 12 8.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Kelly has told the club a decision won't be made until the end of the year despite Cook wanting an answer before then.

which is a descison ..its code for start looking at the trade and what its going to take and how you are going to cover me. Start talking to other players ..and maybe you get committed to them which makes my trade procedural.

Jeff76

Premiership Player
May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
He’s goneski, I’ll put my good nut on it. To who and for what is anyone’s guess, would love a couple 1st’s for him.

Club will have a little of column A and a lot of column B ( gone gone gone).

I just hope that TK tells the club early enough so that they can prepare effectively.

GO Catters

He should have the courage to tell them now, as he knows exactly what he's doing come year's end.
For all we know he already has. Unlike with Rugby League, it is not 'the done thing' in the AFL to announce player movements before the end of the season.

Mahlepi

Cancelled
Mar 16, 2015
danger zone
AFL Club
Geelong
If mrs Kelly was that stressed and wanted to be around family she would have been in wa from Monday, and to heading there on Friday night, staying 5 days, and she would have returned Friday week
Guess what she didnt

If it doesn’t tell you she is immature, and tk is in perfect environment to succeed

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Sounds like gone from Geelong supporter chatting to Duncan and Hawk in Noosa this week-still just rumour though;

“Apparently there's a Geelong Fan having drinks with Mitch Duncan & Tom Hawkins up at Noosa this week has said Tim Kely is definitely leaving the club at the end of the season

I think the club should be asking questions to this fan and also how he got this information

As fans / supporters of the club, we have a right to know” from Geelong group on fB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nov 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Sounds like gone from Geelong supporter chatting to Duncan and Hawk in Noosa this week-still just rumour though;

“Apparently there's a Geelong Fan having drinks with Mitch Duncan & Tom Hawkins up at Noosa this week has said Tim Kely is definitely leaving the club at the end of the season

I think the club should be asking questions to this fan and also how he got this information

As fans / supporters of the club, we have a right to know” from Geelong group on fB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Duncan and Hawkins wouldn't know.
Even if they did they wouldn't say anything.
A lot of people say they hear a lot of things, none are usually correct.

Goggin Our Best

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2011
sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
I dont think it is the end of the world if he wants out at the end of the year -as long as Geel get adequate compensation

Nothing stays still - the AFL Landscape has changed dramatically - teams from year to year can change places in a big way - Cats looked shot at the end of last year - now their on top of the ladder

Re the Rich game - i only watched a replay - and i didnt watch the 1st qtr because Geel did nothing and it was apparently all Rich - the 3 qtrs i watched - i ythought Kelly played a so so game - he wasnt the driver behind that win - how he got 6 coaches votes is ajoke - he must have played a fantastic 1st qtr

Nov 24, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
For all we know he already has. Unlike with Rugby League, it is not 'the done thing' in the AFL to announce player movements before the end of the season.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking - told the club he is leaving; told the media he's waiting until the end of the year to decide.

Good luck to the bloke - family always comes before footy/work, and no one could ever accuse him of not giving his best for Geelong while at the club.

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
If mrs Kelly was that stressed and wanted to be around family she would have been in wa from Monday, and to heading there on Friday night, staying 5 days, and she would have returned Friday week
Guess what she didnt

If it doesn’t tell you she is immature, and tk is in perfect environment to succeed
I think it's pretty obvious that the club asked him to stay handy for when they make the extension announcement.

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
This morning I read a goat's entrails.
Tim Kelly is staying, however, negotiations will be messy.
Oh, and the goat should make a quick recovery.
I cannot understand why so many posters are refusing to make such fact-based assessments.

After all, it's well known that statistics never lie.

They conclusively show that of all AFL players who continue from one season to the next, nearly 98.6% of them do so with the same club.

That just about settles the issue on a truly objective basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back