News Dangerfield and Selwood in 2017 All-Australian team

Remove this Banner Ad

How can you have Selwood in the side

Good point. Missed a bunch of games, got tagged out of games himself and only led the league in guess which category?

Josh Kennedy (Swans) #3 in contested possessions, #4 in clearances, and had more total possessions and goals than Selwood, also captained the turn around of all turn arounds.

Good point. Missed a bunch of games, got tagged out of games himself and only led the league in guess which category?

Josh Kennedy (Swans) #3 in contested possessions, #4 in clearances, and had more total possessions and goals than Selwood, also captained the turn around of all turn arounds.
A good little sook. Well done. :straining::thumbsu:

So can we go to the Port board to rant?

I'm not debating the merit of Selwood getting in or not...but checking his average stats against those considered stiff such as Sloane, cotchin, Kennedy ... they're much the same despite his one possession bounty against Freo. In fact, the stats show his ball use, efficiency and effective disposals, to be better.
Stats are just one measure of assessing performance. People actually should watch the games. Champions might be down all day, but they turn it on for a quarter or two, and drag their teams across the line.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

I'm not debating the merit of Selwood getting in or not...but checking his average stats against those considered stiff such as Sloane, cotchin, Kennedy ... they're much the same despite his one possession bounty against Freo. In fact, the stats show his ball use, efficiency and effective disposals, to be better.
Stats are just one measure of assessing performance. People actually should watch the games. Champions might be down all day, but they turn it on for a quarter or two, and drag their teams across the line.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Nice logical response.

I only threw the stats in, after what I thought was a Josh K snub. Which I initially made on the eye test. Concurrently, I think other Geelong players have had better years than Selwood and I have watched plenty of Geelong games.

I have to admit, I can't stand how Selwood gets his free's. But he is playing by the rules, hence don't blame him. As a PAFC man, we had one of the greats, Gavin Wanganeen, in that department. Hence more than happy to accept rose coloured glasses.

Dangerfield in the team as an on-baller. Hoping for Selwood on the interchange with the captaincy. Would set a few people right off.
My thoughts are if you're captain of your club, and widely regarded as one of the best leaders in the comp the last 4+ yrs. You're first picked as the aa capt...
Yes he missed games late but another deserving honour beit on the pine.

People are forgetting just how amazing Selwood was in the first half of the season, his impact on games was out of this world, and I reckon he got us over the line in about 4 or 5 games alone.
I think when they met at the half way point of the year he was almost the first picked... injury effects the minds of people, he has returned to simply human levels and was probably fortunate to make the bench.. but he isn't as far away as people are making out

I have to ask, how in the **** is Neville Jetta an All Australian candidate

Neville Jetta, Melbourne. Never Previously All Australian. 22 games in 2017. 151 kicks, 94 marks, 164 handballs, averaging 6.9 kicks, 4.3 marks, 7.5 handballs. Three Goals, Zero Behinds. Six Clearances, Seven Inside 50m, 38 Rebound 50m. 68 Tackles.

Those stats are rubbish.
Jetta is a jet in my opinion, and one of the best small defenders in the comp.. I have zero issue with him making the squad.. if he was a cat we would be demanding he be there..
Stats are not relevant to this one IMO.. he beats his opponent week in week out (I assume of course Elliot was the one who torched him last weekend just to dispute my point here)

Jetta is a jet in my opinion, and one of the best small defenders in the comp.. I have zero issue with him making the squad.. if he was a cat we would be demanding he be there..
Stats are not relevant to this one IMO.. he beats his opponent week in week out (I assume of course Elliot was the one who torched him last weekend just to dispute my point here)

Might be a Jet but does he warrant a selection over Duncan, Tuohy or even Cotchin, simple answer is no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be a Jet but does he warrant a selection over Duncan, Tuohy or even Cotchin, simple answer is no.
Tuohy and him should both be in the squad.... he isn't competing in the same position as Cotchin or Duncan so it is silly to throw the toys from the cot about that one

You can't selectively pit two blokes against each other and say one didn't deserve selection purely based on stats. Where would Ryder be if we did that?

I clearly have GFC glasses on here, but the fact that Duncan and 2E didnt make the 40 squad is asinine.

GO Catters

Nice logical response.

I only threw the stats in, after what I thought was a Josh K snub. Which I initially made on the eye test. Concurrently, I think other Geelong players have had better years than Selwood and I have watched plenty of Geelong games.

I have to admit, I can't stand how Selwood gets his free's. But he is playing by the rules, hence don't blame him. As a PAFC man, we had one of the greats, Gavin Wanganeen, in that department. Hence more than happy to accept rose coloured glasses.

Doesn't sound to me like you've watched many Geelong games at all judging by those comments.

Why does it have to be Selwood out for Kennedy? Why not Crouch, Shiel, Yeo, Zorko?
Because Selwood was the lesser of all those players this year.
But that's AA for you isn't it ........it's contentuous.

I'd also argue that Jetta was very fortunate

I like the NBA All Star team system.
Name a second team......both those guys would make the second team

I could see Duncan getting in before Crouch or Yeo.

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back