News Dangerfield and Selwood in 2017 All-Australian team

Remove this Banner Ad

Selwood was very very lucky to get s gig ahead of Kennedy from the Swans.
Ant fair minded footy fan would agree.....
he was

but if his form for the year was reversed, and he finished like a train after a patchy start.. people wouldn't even be questioning it IMO

he was

but if his form for the year was reversed, and he finished like a train after a patchy start.. people wouldn't even be questioning it IMO
That's a pretty common analysis in sport.
All players in that side 100% worthy. In fact, one of the less controversial teams I can remember

That's a pretty common analysis in sport.
All players in that side 100% worthy. In fact, one of the less controversial teams I can remember
no doubt, people just have issues remembering longer then a couple of months was really my point.

Tuohy and him should both be in the squad.... he isn't competing in the same position as Cotchin or Duncan so it is silly to throw the toys from the cot about that one

So what, Jeremy Howe was picked as a forward even though he has played all year as a defender so your argument is flawed.

So what, Jeremy Howe was picked as a forward even though he has played all year as a defender so your argument is flawed.
what? Jeremy Howe made the squad, not the team... and in no point that I have seen was he mentioned as being in the squad as a forward

Yep your right, my apologies, I was listening to Triple M this morning and they were talking about him and AA team, must have misheard.
Don't get me wrong, I would have been in full agreement of that being nonsense if it was what happened!

People are forgetting just how amazing Selwood was in the first half of the season, his impact on games was out of this world, and I reckon he got us over the line in about 4 or 5 games alone.
I think when they met at the half way point of the year he was almost the first picked... injury effects the minds of people, he has returned to simply human levels and was probably fortunate to make the bench.. but he isn't as far away as people are making out

I can't believe opposition fans and people in the media...they have goldfish-like memories. You're correct...he was right up there in the first half of the season. That alone gets him in the team before at least a dozen players. There are not too many in the All Australian team who dominated for the whole season...but there are a few lucky players who dominated in the last few weeks.

he was

Selwood will be leading the Brownlow medal count half-way through - his form at the start was hectic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do all the opposition fans sooking over Selwood's AA selection saying he shouldn't have made the team due to missing too many games, realise that Josh Kennedy from West Coast missed more games than Selwood this year and made the AA team? Of course they don't, because they're blinded by hatred and have severe mental scarring from Selwood ripping their teams to shreds for the last 11 years.

Nice logical response.

I only threw the stats in, after what I thought was a Josh K snub. Which I initially made on the eye test. Concurrently, I think other Geelong players have had better years than Selwood and I have watched plenty of Geelong games.

I have to admit, I can't stand how Selwood gets his free's. But he is playing by the rules, hence don't blame him. As a PAFC man, we had one of the greats, Gavin Wanganeen, in that department. Hence more than happy to accept rose coloured glasses.
Not having a go at you...just what I was seeing on the main board...good luck with finals

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Did anyone see Steven Motlop made the All Australian Spud list for the second year in a row

Taylor Hunt was named on the bench

21232100_1423178617807553_5804779285678357373_n.jpg

Did anyone see Steven Motlop made the All Australian Spud list for the second year in a row

Taylor Hunt was named on the bench

21232100_1423178617807553_5804779285678357373_n.jpg
Tyrone absolutely ROBBED of the Captaincy!

Selwood was very very lucky to get s gig ahead of Kennedy from the Swans.
Ant fair minded footy fan would agree.....
Kennendy's first 6 weeks of the season mirrored that of Sydney's and he also missed a few with injury. Selwood was one of the Brownlow fancies in the middle of the year until he was knocked out cold and struggled for a few weeks.

Selwood deserved his spot.

Dylan Shiel, McGovern and Elliot Yeo were the contentious ones imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back