Dangerfield as FF

Remove this Banner Ad

I could kind of understand it - the conditions before the game had 'forward half shitfest' written all over them. An experienced key forward would have a reasonable amount of trouble impacting the game, let alone a raw one like buzza.
Yep, this morning it pelted down. Then the rain pretty much stopped after 2.30pm.

Surely Buzza would have been a better target for your repeated high bombs inside 50 than your impotent small forwards.

Yep, this morning it pelted down. Then the rain pretty much stopped after 2.30pm.

Surely Buzza would have been a better target for your repeated high bombs inside 50 than your impotent small forwards.

He got pulled at 2.15.

Our smaller blokes have been quite good of late and we had our chances. Gregson, MCCarthy, Parfitt etc all missed opportunities to score and Menegola didn't back up what he's been doing in recent weeks. I actually thought our tactics going into attack were very similar to Richmond's, we just didn't get to the fall of the ball well enough.

The whole team is impotent, Geelong are a very ordinary football team. A bit on the thick side too.

Astounded Scott omitted Buzza considering.
Not to me. I simply don't think Buzza is the answer this season, nowhere near looking ready.
Losing Esava is hurting bad. Buzza wouldn't have made much difference today.

The only solution to that imo is Taylor/Henderson forward or Smith/Abbott in and Stanley CHF.
Cannot be Buzza. Oh and Menzel in.
Ablett is the guy that should be playing 70/30 forward/mid
I'd agree if not for his shoulders. His dad moved to permanent forward from HFF/wing late in his career but was still a freak. That shoulder injury from a few years back is going to forever plague his overhead marking ability from here and we play too stagnantly to be able to hit him on the lead.

It has to be Danger if it is to be a midfielder.

they've moved him up forward coz he's dudding it up in the middle these days

overrated spud

Not to me. I simply don't think Buzza is the answer this season, nowhere near looking ready.
Losing Esava is hurting bad. Buzza wouldn't have made much difference today.
Fair enough.
Thought the tall coming out of your side late took a little bit of pressure off first gamer Garthwaite and left Rance to repeatedly pick of kicks into your 50.

Fair enough.
Thought the tall coming out of your side late took a little bit of pressure off first gamer Garthwaite and left Rance to repeatedly pick of kicks into your 50.
Well that comes down to how we played. Didn't hit up short kicks all day and didn't lead.
Was more impressed with Vlastuin than Rance. Even his ok games get lauded these days.

Plays FF last week, was a key to winning the game for them.
Plays FF this week, and it's "why did he play FF?"
Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

Who else besides Hawkins is going to kick their goals?
Ewww that old meme

I really think he has danger and ablett confused. Ablett isnt what he used to be,but he is still one of the cleverest players in the game and would provide nightmares for most teams. Ablett should be 70/30 forward and mid and danger 30/70.

Plus the reduced mileage will help protect ablett who is starting to become susceptible to injury these days

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In previous years Geelong has been quite bad at rotating their centre square set-up and have under-performed in finals.

It's important that players like Kelly and Menagola are getting significant centre square time as well as Ablett, Selwood, Danger and Duncan. This is the best Geelong has been able to manage its midfield since Chapman, Johnson and Bartel were running around.

They could just keep the big 4 rotating through the centre all the time, but then their depth wouldn't develop and their best players would be fatigued by the time finals come around and they would under-perform again.

One of the things that made the Hawthorn 3-peat team so great was its versatility and centre square rotation. Lewis, Hodge, Burgoyne, Rioli, even Mitchell spent significant time in roles outside of the centre square during H&A. It made the team more versatile and more fresh come September.

In previous years Geelong has been quite bad at rotating their centre square set-up and have under-performed in finals.

It's important that players like Kelly and Menagola are getting significant centre square time as well as Ablett, Selwood, Danger and Duncan. This is the best Geelong has been able to manage its midfield since Chapman, Johnson and Bartel were running around.

They could just keep the big 4 rotating through the centre all the time, but then their depth wouldn't develop and their best players would be fatigued by the time finals come around and they would under-perform again.

One of the things that made the Hawthorn 3-peat team so great was its versatility and centre square rotation. Lewis, Hodge, Burgoyne, Rioli, even Mitchell spent significant time in roles outside of the centre square during H&A. It made the team more versatile and more fresh come September.

What are you doing? There's no place for logic and common sense on BigFooty.

Pick 69 Wylie Buzza. I forgot about him.

How is he tracking?

VFL player. Will get a few opportunities this year due to a lack of alternatives.

Esava Ratugolea is our potential star up forward and his injury couldn't have come at a worse time.

Aside from Hawkins we have no forwards available.

Missing Menzel, Cockatoo, Rata and even Taylor is hurting us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back