Dangerfield....could we get him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course he deserves to be, but I think Boomer would be one to value team success over personal wealth.

Maybe. All players still want the cash they deserve even if clubmen - that's fair enough.

Regardless what he's on when he retires it does open up a fair bit for us to spend, but I doubt it will be a fair while anyway....

Gibson on par with Sloane?

Please, he isn't fit to carry Rory's bag into the ground despite obviously having the tank to get up the stairs.

Some context:

Is the 7th best player on those AFL rankings.

The same rankings that places Gibbo @ 241 (for those interested in a dose of reality)

I don't have much of a problem with your opinions.

What I do have a problem with is the way you show such disrespect to men that have pulled on the royal blue and white more times than you have in expressing those opinions.

saints wont be in the Finals by the time Sloane retires
wot possible interest is there for a good player to do that
heading to a low rung team for the dough now that's The Greenwood Manoeuvre

The saints have re-signed/extended something like 19 contracts.

http://www.rippa.com/category/afl/st-kilda-re-sign-youngster-jack-billings-201410020026/

It's pretty obvious that the club is on the rise and in a good place at the moment. They're one of the only clubs building a list with an age bracket that is going to be primed to be able to compete with the likes of the GCS and GWS.
Can totally understand why Sloan may move to Seaford.

Ok cool thanks, thought might be similar.

So it's not the whole lot. I hear it a lot that veterans are exempt but confident wasn't the case as it wouldn't work the other way if a ridiculous sum.

Veterans list will be discontinued after the start of the 2017 season.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-04/equalisation-changes-explained

This will probably make it hard for Boom to play on until the right bold age of 42, which I'm sure he is capable of doing ;-)

Veterans list will be discontinued after the start of the 2017 season.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-04/equalisation-changes-explained

This will probably make it hard for Boom to play on until the right bold age of 42, which I'm sure he is capable of doing ;-)
I think it's a stupid rule. Clubs are more likely to hold on to the vets to save a penny. It rewards a career of hard work. Now they're more likely to be cast aside.

Although it'll be hard to flick Boomer after he wins the 2016 Brownlow medal

Why not? Big contract with a team vying for a premiership. Plus a promise that we'll build a forward line around him.

I've got a bad feeling that Cameron will sign with Collingwood. The kid I grew up a mad Collingwood supporter and since they've had a mass exodus of AA's and premiership players they have a truck load of cap space.

I think it's a stupid rule. Clubs are more likely to hold on to the vets to save a penny. It rewards a career of hard work. Now they're more likely to be cast aside.

Although it'll be hard to flick Boomer after he wins the 2016 Brownlow medal

Seriously, the wages of a player like Boomer (and Fletcher for that matter), who has been on his club's list for 20 years should be completely exempt from the salary cap. The AFL needs to reward loyalty and longevity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, the wages of a player like Boomer (and Fletcher for that matter), who has been on his club's list for 20 years should be completely exempt from the salary cap. The AFL needs to reward loyalty and longevity.
Exactly. It rewards clubs for keeping players like Spud on their list. Without the veterans package clubs may offload them quicker to get more time into cheaper younger players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back