Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
This is rubbish.

The laws of Australian Football, as published by the AFL, state:

No mention of whether it was "reasonable" whatever that means.

The rules are very clear: if one player intentionally or carelessly strikes another person then they should be reported.

Was it too quick for Danger to avoid, did his arm move up again after hitting the ball, did Danger go into the contest with his elbow out on purpose, could he have made the spoil differently?

All valid questions, but valid questions for the tribunal to sort out.

In terms of whether this was reportable, there is only one question asked by the rules of the game: did Dangerfield strike another person? Clearly the answer is yes.

He should have been reported and the tribunal could sort out if a penalty was justified and, if so, what the penalty should have been.

The fact they didn't even cite this is a travesty.

Also clearly a free kick for high contact.

The head is sacrosanct - yeah right.

DS
Go watch netball. Seriously.

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Marinoff hits Brid Stack in what looks like a rather innocuous in-play passage, but Stack cracks a vertebrae and Marinoff misses a third of the season. Compare to Dangerfield knocking Vlastuin out.

I have previously stated (i think) that I think PD could have done more to avoid the impact with Vlastuin, but probably gets off. I just see inconsistency in the tribunal's interpretation between his hit and Marinoff's.

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Marinoff hits Brid Stack in what looks like a rather innocuous in-play passage, but Stack cracks a vertebrae and Marinoff misses a third of the season. Compare to Dangerfield knocking Vlastuin out.

I have previously stated (i think) that I think PD could have done more to avoid the impact with Vlastuin, but probably gets off. I just see inconsistency in the tribunal's interpretation between his hit and Marinoff's.
You won the flag, stop sooking about a fair contest months later.

Chocoholic

Senior List
Nov 24, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong

Marinoff is a robbery, should never have been suspended.

Not much Danger could do, he either knocks himself out if he went head first. It was a accident, same with Marinoff.

Remove this Banner Ad