Injury Dangerfield injury latest - Hamstring - updated 4pm 13/3/18

Remove this Banner Ad

Do a minor hammy playing footy (especially AFL) have 3 weeks off. I'm not aware of any new technology's regarding hamstrings that have come out in the last month.
& he did strain it, saw how he checked his kick during the games.
Except, of course, the medical opinion about whether it was “done” at all and how he has responded to training and testing.

Well if they are experts can they get it all the time? No. But our injury track record is such that it can’t hurt to question it now and then. Are you telling me you seriously think Selwood should have come back on. I sure didn’t and I don’t give a stuff what their expertise was telling them-it was very clear -leave him off.
Not doing the Selwood thing again. Medical experts >>> common sense.

There's a 'News Wrap: Rd1 Melbourne' video posted on Facebook last evening -

Caitlin Schultz mentioned that Dangerfield will have to prove his fitness later this week. That doesn't sound like today, does it? So perhaps Friday, or Saturday, Caturday seems a bit late, doesn't it?

There was talk on here he trained away from the main group yesterday with Friday being the main test on the hamstring
Friday is fine for a Sunday game, Saturday isn’t IMO

Dangerfield rated himself as having a chance to play, two days ago.

Who is it really up to? If Dangerfield completes the test successfully + says he's right to go, yet the Medical staff think he needs another week, who makes the decision?

There was talk on here he trained away from the main group yesterday with Friday being the main test on the hamstring
Friday is fine for a Sunday game, Saturday isn’t IMO

Thanks calder daddy, read that after I'd posted the link. Think it was cats_09 who posted it.

Also talk that he went for quite a bit of a run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you see it though? Not sure if they have replays of it anywhere. Looked preety cut & dry to me. Grade 1 hamstring strain in my awesome medical opinion.

I posted that there were reports by the Geelong medical team, who said it was barely discernible from the scans + because Danger has not had a soft tissue injury before, made it more difficult to predict his recovery.

I posted that there were reports by the Geelong medical team, who said it was barely discernible from the scans + because Danger has not had a soft tissue injury before, made it more difficult to predict his recovery.
Fairy nuts. I'm actually in hospital ATM having to deal with all sorts of doctors. Im starting to take all this medical stuff a bit to seriously I think.

Fairy nuts. I'm actually in hospital ATM having to deal with all sorts of doctors. Im starting to take all this medical stuff a bit to seriously I think.
Oh no! Hope you are OK Spazz Cat?

Is there any chance your doctors might know about Danger's hammy?
Do you have his scans handy, to get their diagnosis?
Could you doctors get info from GFC on the QT?

But seriously, hoping it's nothing serious + you'll be all healthy again soon.

Oh no! Hope you are OK Spazz Cat?

Is there any chance your doctors might know about Danger's hammy?
Do you have his scans handy, to get their diagnosis?
Could you doctors get info from GFC on the QT?

But seriously, hoping it's nothing serious + you'll be all healthy again soon.
I'll ask em what they think! See if I can find the footage haha.
Yeah I'm sure I'll be ok. Was due for a skin graft on my leg yesterday but unfortunately it got infected and will at least be another week before they can try it again. 2nd time it's been put off. Bit depressing but pain meds and Discovery channel are cheering me up lol.

I'll ask em what they think! See if I can find the footage haha.
Yeah I'm sure I'll be ok. Was due for a skin graft on my leg yesterday but unfortunately it got infected and will at least be another week before they can try it again. 2nd time it's been put off. Bit depressing but pain meds and Discovery channel are cheering me up lol.
Ah the old infection. An on-going problem at our club when players have surgery. As well as Hello Kittys suggestion to ask about the hammy can you throw in a question about Hendersons knee.

Ah the old infection. An on-going problem at our club when players have surgery. As well as Hello Kittys suggestion to ask about the hammy can you throw in a question about Hendersons knee.
Excellent idea ATSAM!
Also Spazz Cat - please get your doctors to ask about McCarthy's quad, or whatever it is.

Really like McCarthy and what he brings but getting to be a costly pursuit. If he can’t get on the park for a lot of games this year...time to cut our losses.

It's a tough call, still, when you think of all the effort put into the hope of Cowan, Vardy et al making it, just seems to be the sensible decision. I think that's also why many of us have so much invested in Menzel's success! We've seen these players as Kittens + want the best for them. You wonder how much it affects the player, with so much hope for a career, yet being constantly injured.

It's a tough call, still, when you think of all the effort put into the hope of Cowan, Vardy et al making it, just seems to be the sensible decision. I think that's also why many of us have so much invested in Menzel's success! We've seen these players as Kittens + want the best for them. You wonder how much it affects the player, with so much hope for a career, yet being constantly injured.
Yep must be so frustrating for them. They just want to get on the ground and play footy. Seems a simple enough desire doesn’t it, yet so hard to achieve for some of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back