Dangerfield Injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Equivalent of pick 12. Crippling is it?

Based on the PVI ? I doubt the cost be determined by that.. we have to see who we get for the R2 picks this year .. the total deal.

And PVI points is a bit nefarious 10 picks after 30 picks is never going to equal P1. Ottens would have been the equivalent of a pick 3 but we did not give away a P3.

So far the players that GWS took , just like the players that Adelaide took do not look the equal of the player we have obtained.. although who knows if we would have taken the same players with those picks. It will take years to see if they up to it. Certainly Richmonds choices years ago ... did not equal Judd or Martin etc.

My main gripe rel to draft is we need single figure draft pick talent, and we did not give up any of those,so I do think what we traded hurts us too much however it still irks me that we had to pay anything. We always seem to have to pay when others do not. Bottomline ..As long as we find a player with late picks then it balances out. Do what we had to do to get Danger and find Menegola with P66. Only 8 players from that draft have played more games than Menegola.
So far Id say Neale and Stevens look promising ... so in years to come we may look back and still feel like we have done well from the draft. So I do not believe that what we have traded out necessarily will cripple us.

In relation to this thread...surely his injury gives us a glimpe and chance to access what things will be like post him and perhaps Selwood. It might be beneficial that he has been injured.

Based on the PVI ? I doubt the cost be determined by that.. we have to see who we get for the R2 picks this year .. the total deal.

And PVI points is a bit nefarious 10 picks after 30 picks is never going to equal P1. Ottens would have been the equivalent of a pick 3 but we did not give away a P3.

So far the players that GWS took , just like the players that Adelaide took do not look the equal of the player we have obtained.. although who knows if we would have taken the same players with those picks. It will take years to see if they up to it. Certainly Richmonds choices years ago ... did not equal Judd or Martin etc.

My main gripe rel to draft is we need single figure draft pick talent, and we did not give up any of those,so I do think what we traded hurts us too much however it still irks me that we had to pay anything. We always seem to have to pay when others do not. Bottomline ..As long as we find a player with late picks then it balances out. Do what we had to do to get Danger and find Menegola with P66. Only 8 players from that draft have played more games than Menegola.
So far Id say Neale and Stevens look promising ... so in years to come we may look back and still feel like we have done well from the draft. So I do not believe that what we have traded out necessarily will cripple us.

In relation to this thread...surely his injury gives us a glimpe and chance to access what things will be like post him and perhaps Selwood. It might be beneficial that he has been injured.
Not going down that rabbit hole again TC. Objectively it’s equivalent to pick 12. What happens from here is up to a whole range of factors.

Not going down that rabbit hole again TC. Objectively it’s equivalent to pick 12. What happens from here is up to a whole range of factors.

Not trying to create a RH...only saying I think there are different ways to look at cost. If anything I am agreeing with you. The trade out doesn't mean future disaster because the picks we traded out are not dead certs. We may look back and say they are all champs but it's probable that only 1 out of the three make 100 games.

Dangerfield trade now looks like we have had a huge win..no matter what the points say, and no matter that he was technically a FA. What we traded out for Cameron doesn't mean we will be crippled..imo.. its what the total list changes that will determine it. Steven already mentioned as a Emg . Neale could be one of the best talents in draft eventually.

If we convert a R2 this year into a player ..then Id almost be tempted to agree with your call of a preemptive win

Not trying to create a RH...only saying I think there are different ways to look at cost. If anything I am agreeing with you. The trade out doesn't mean future disaster because the picks we traded out are not dead certs. We may look back and say they are all champs but it's probable that only 1 out of the three make 100 games.

Dangerfield trade now looks like we have had a huge win..no matter what the points say, and no matter that he was technically a FA. What we traded out for Cameron doesn't mean we will be crippled..imo.. its what the total list changes that will determine it. Steven already mentioned as a Emg . Neale could be one of the best talents in draft eventually.

If we convert a R2 this year into a player ..then Id almost be tempted to agree with your call of a preemptive win
The call of the JC trade being a Good Trade was tongue in cheek. Of course it’s going to take time to judge it.

My view is you can view a trade involving picks ex ante and ex post.

Ex ante you can say “Is Cameron worth pick 12?” And judge that on what you know pick 12 delivers on average.

Then ex post you can ask “Was Cameron worth pick 12?” and judge it based on what he delivered versus what opportunities in the draft we gave up.

The call of the JC trade being a Good Trade was tongue in cheek. Of course it’s going to take time to judge it.

My view is you can view a trade involving picks ex ante and ex post.

Ex ante you can say “Is Cameron worth pick 12?” And judge that on what you know pick 12 delivers on average.

Then ex post you can ask “Was Cameron worth pick 12?” and judge it based on what he delivered versus what opportunities in the draft we gave up.

Fair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back