Opinion Dangerfield is Injured

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure the Crows game will be particularly contested. They don't play a particularly tough style of footy, more focused on fast movement and effective rebound.

I would really love for us to have Scoot back by then. Sit him on Sloane and watch their second stringers and rotating half backs have to fight a pitched midfield battle for a change.
A pitched midfield battle against Duncan, Danger and Selwood. Now that would be a torching. GHS/Menegola is very much the equivalent to their Thompson/Crouch Combo. Cameron = Motlop. Betts = Menzel. The only real strength is Jacobs who is far superior to what we have. And they have a proper CHF or two (Lynch, McGovern). But we would expect to win it in the midfield like we did against Sandi, Gawn, and the NMFL ruckman I can't recall.

A pitched midfield battle against Duncan, Danger and Selwood. Now that would be a torching. GHS/Menegola is very much the equivalent to their Thompson/Crouch Combo. Cameron = Motlop. Betts = Menzel. The only real strength is Jacobs who is far superior to what we have. And they have a proper CHF or two (Lynch, McGovern). But we would expect to win it in the midfield like we did against Sandi, Gawn, and the NMFL ruckman I can't recall.
Their midfield has been much better this year. Sloane remains the same elite player. Matt Crouch has been putting in A grade performances. Cameron and Milera floating through there have added speed. Douglas, Atkins and Mackay have performed to a higher level. Sauce is impacting games more. Laird and Smith's stints between there and half back have provided a lot of drive.

They had an off day against the Roos and haven't come up against the very best midfields yet, but the signs are there that's it no longer an ensemble of plodding B and C graders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back