Dangerfield + Kerridge + 53 = Milera + Menzel + Gore - Discuss

Remove this Banner Ad

Goes to show untried steak knife players are just that; steak knives. We should've held out for longer, but the club wanted the deal done and folded.

Gore was only thrown in so that it wasn't immediately obvious how badly we got reamed in that negotiation. We could have gotten Gore seperately for 55, but that wouldn't have confused the Danger trade result.

jrqgO.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always a heart in the mouth moment opening these bumped threads, wondering what the hell you posted.

Nah, Gore is miles better than 53 in this draft. Everything after about 40 was rookie level talent this year.

You could take out Kerridge and Gore. They cancel each other out.

Oh Krissy Kris... not your finest moment there.

Let’s have a look at what I said... drum roll...

We can quantify what we've lost, but we can't quantify what we've gained, because Milera and Gore haven't played a game yet and Menzel hasn't peaked (we hope).

Therefore - too early to tell.

I’m happy with that.

By the way, this whole deal now hinges on Milera having a career like Dangerfield.

What are the odds?

Always a heart in the mouth moment opening these bumped threads, wondering what the hell you posted.

Oh Krissy Kris... not your finest moment there.

Let’s have a look at what I said... drum roll...

I’m happy with that.

This whole deal now hinges on Milera having a career like Dangerfield.

What are the odds?
Not good. Let's just hope Milera ends up being a bloody good footballer, that's the best we can hope for.

It all really depends on whether Menzel plays like the player who was rated in the top 5 of his draft, or the Menzel who played for Carlton.

We can't afford inconsistency or for him to go missing. He needs to be a top 5 B&F player.

Here's hoping being home is the crucial thing that unlocks the talent and sees him not just play forward but also go into the mid.
It wasn't and it didn't.

That's not "winning the trade" though.

If anything, that's more akin to every side losing.
But he’s predicting we will win it as he’s expecting us to be a contender this year whereas Cats aren’t. Put Danger in our 2017 side though and we might have had a premiership already.

But he’s predicting we will win it as he’s expecting us to be a contender this year whereas Cats aren’t. Put Danger in our 2017 side though and we might have had a premiership already.

That's the loss on our end seeing that Danger could have helped in 2017, and potentially been the difference (seeing he is one of the very few genuine match winners in this league) between finals or not in 2018, and had we made them, well who knows, we were in a good bit of form coming into finals.

Of course, there is a bit more to that in that we were very Danger reliant midfield wise which probably did as much damage as amount of benefit we got from having Dangerfield so hard to say if we would have won it or not. That said, us working our s**t out and having Dangerfield would have seen us be a downright monstrous side in 2017.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back