Dangerfield + Kerridge + 53 = Milera + Menzel + Gore - Discuss

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Dangerfield + Kerridge + 53 = Milera + Menzel + Gore

Discuss...

Happy / not happy? Obviously only time will tell but I reckon we're at least in with a fighting chance of coming out ok.

I think the better question is

Dangerfield
Kerridge
Wright; or

Menzel
Milera
Seedsman
Hampton
Greenwood
Doedee
Gore...

I think we should have a vastly better 22 next year than this year
I think we have a better balanced team between inside & outside.

B Crouch, menzel, seedsman, Hampton v Dangerfield, Wright, MacKay, van berlo

Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Will always miss Danger, very special player. Given Trigg would have grabbed pick 14 with both hands we have done better than previous admins would have allowed.

As someone who watched a bit of Gore pre draft, I hold out a fair amount of hope on him, we know the other two are genuine talents but this kid may suprise a few if he develops into the player I think he can become.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
So it's 2 mids for 2 fwds...gore for 50 is ok (especially if our pick 13 is anything to go by). Probably a B-rating in isolation

RippaRiley43

Club Legend
Jan 27, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah, obviously too early to tell.

Doesn't look superb at face value at the moment, especially throwing Kerridge in as well. I believe we could probably have held out for a bit more. Disagree with this if you will.

Still annoyed the Bummers got more for Carlisle and all his associated baggage. Hope we don't deal with them in the near future.

That said, these players (especially Milera and Menzel) definitely appear to have the ability to turn this deal in our favour. Whether or not this eventuates is a different matter.

That said, I think it's important to holistically judge the trade/draft period. We weren't only looking to get fair returns for Clangerfield, but also to use the period to improve our list otherwise. The deal gave us a bit more freedom to wheel and deal for Menzel and Seedsman. This may not have happened so easily if the deal was two firsts for Danger, whether that was the right thing or not (although the argument could be that we could have downgraded one of these picks).

I think we overpaid for Hampton, but that's another matter. We can always try and get that 2nd rounder back with a 2017 second rounder.

Also could be important to consider the "knock-on effect" on what we already have and how this affects our lineup for next year. What I mean is that Seedsman for example indirectly boosts our midfield as it allows Smith to move into the middle, which may improve our side more than if Danger stayed.

All things considered, I'd say our list is more balanced, but not necessarily better at the moment because of Danger's departure. I'm satisfied but not particularly thrilled with the result at the moment, but that could easily change for better or worse.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Happy that we've targeted kids with talent that want to be here. Feel bad for Kerridge going to Carlton but it might be the best move for him, he can push into their side easier than ours.

Kerridge couldn't get a game here and we gave up 50 for Gore, so it's basically Menzel and Milera for Dangerfield.

Reckon we could even come out on top over the next few years.

At any rate it's infinitely better than losing Danger for pick 18 or whatever it ended up being. There really wasn't much on offer after Milera imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back