Dangerfield may miss AFLX

Remove this Banner Ad

Gogeelong

Premiership Player
Apr 14, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
It is being reported in the media that Dangerfield may miss the AFLX squad as the club will take a cautious approach

He trained away from the main group for the bulk of the last training session. He last played in the international series after he finished the season with a sore back. It appears he had this issue whilst playing injured during the season. The same issue is flaring up.

Why would the club play him when he has such an issue? Lets hope they make him rest irrespective of his desire to play.

It is being reported in the media that Dangerfield may miss the AFLX squad as the club will take a cautious approach

He trained away from the main group for the bulk of the last training session. He last played in the international series after he finished the season with a sore back. It appears he had this issue whilst playing injured during the season. The same issue is flaring up.

Why would the club play him when he has such an issue? Lets hope they make him rest irrespective of his desire to play.
Let's hope the club decides to rest most of our top players from 1 through to 22 for AFLX :thumbsu:

Sounds serious

I wouldn't want to see any of our top 10 players in AFLX. Is there still JLT? If so then they can get a run there instead.

Top 10??

I don’t want to see anyone in the Top 25 play in such a pointless bloody exercise.

Everything to lose, nothing to gain here.

How about no one plays in this made up, plastic simpleton knuckle dragging ADD concept.
I'm happy for the likes of Aaron Black, Stanley, Murdoch, GHS and other fringe players to play

I'm happy for the likes of Aaron Black, Stanley, Murdoch, GHS and other fringe players to play
yeah and our draftees, I am ok for kids playing as it is a glimpse at them in a situation that doesn't really matter or mean anything.
In fact going forward I think it could work as a carnival type thing with under 23s from each side, ran kinda how that Sydney 7s rugby is... just make it something completely removed and without risk of the big guns

Like anything the AFL institutes they will be hell bent on it succeeding. Playing fringe and draftees May but last 1 year. They’ll be heavily lent on to send out some “name” players.

Should be a warmup for the VFL comp only imo; we need all our depth all year.
yeah and our draftees, I am ok for kids playing as it is a glimpse at them in a situation that doesn't really matter or mean anything.
In fact going forward I think it could work as a carnival type thing with under 23s from each side, ran kinda how that Sydney 7s rugby is... just make it something completely removed and without risk of the big guns

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like anything the AFL institutes they will be hell bent on it succeeding. Playing fringe and draftees May but last 1 year. They’ll be heavily lent on to send out some “name” players.

Absolutely, you only have to watch Dangerfield's video with Gilligan to see that the AFL expects all the big guns to play!

Just seems like there are now two preseason series for AFL players to risk injury.

I see our season as a complete failure if we don't win the AFLX series,in fact I mightn't hang around for the home and away if we lose it.

What about the JLT? That's must win, surely?

Actually, the thread title is self-explanatory and should suffice.
Nothing more to be said.
Yes, he may miss this X game.
We all give him permission.

Btw, has it been and gone yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back