MRP / Trib. Dangerfield sent to the tribunal

How many weeks sitting in the stands for Dangerfield?

• 10+ weeks; the AFL tribunal to make an early stand

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 4 weeks; his gone to the tribunal so they'll add an extra week

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • 3 weeks; minimum suspension for careless, high contact & severe impact

Votes: 58 50.4%
  • 2 weeks; downgraded from severe to high impact

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • None; charge dismissed, opposition fans will continue to call Dangerfield & Geelong protected

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can some of you guys go on to the main board and actually defend Dangerfield from his public execution. Apparently he is now the worlds biggest snipe. By ignoring it we are condoning It.

The main board? haha no thanks, I lose IQ every time I venture there, shocking place.

Can some of you guys go on to the main board and actually defend Dangerfield from his public execution. Apparently he is now the worlds biggest snipe. By ignoring it we are condoning It.
Who really cares what those trolls think.

The main board is actually Bay 13 like these days.

I just want consistency then.
I'm over certain other players hitting players behind play multiple times throughout the year and not miss a week, I'm over how there's only ever been 2 suspensions from a jumper punch, both times it was Hawkins, while similar or arguably worse incidents got away without a mention.
I fully expect another situation like this one coming up again in several weeks and a different penalty being the outcome. I'm not saying Danger was targeted or anything, but it does seem Geelong players are the ones who the AFL consistently use to "set an example" of.
It’s called imposed equalisation

Time for the AFL to adopt the rules of criminal law. Innocent until proven guilty. The AFL denies natural justice enabling commentators- particularly those who hate a particular team- and the general media to try , convict and pass sentence. The Tribunal then obliges by agreeing.
Oh and the AFL could ensure that convictions are applied evenly and consistently.

I just want consistency then.
I'm over certain other players hitting players behind play multiple times throughout the year and not miss a week, I'm over how there's only ever been 2 suspensions from a jumper punch, both times it was Hawkins, while similar or arguably worse incidents got away without a mention.
I fully expect another situation like this one coming up again in several weeks and a different penalty being the outcome. I'm not saying Danger was targeted or anything, but it does seem Geelong players are the ones who the AFL consistently use to "set an example" of.

Except the last time Hawkins was cited, he challenged it and got off. And with the 'spin the wheel' mentality of the match review panel, Dangerfield could easily have gotten weeks for taking out Vlastuin in the Grand final.

Personally I don't think it was a suspension. I'm more annoyed at him doing a dumb thing by choosing to bump when the ball had already gone. It was always going to be at least a free kick downfield. I wish players could still apply some physical contact like that, but the reality is they can't.

There's no conspiracy. It's his own fault.

Time for the AFL to adopt the rules of criminal law. Innocent until proven guilty. The AFL denies natural justice enabling commentators- particularly those who hate a particular team- and the general media to try , convict and pass sentence. The Tribunal then obliges by agreeing.
Oh and the AFL could ensure that convictions are applied evenly and consistently.

Going by recent events of the last year or so, I reckon plenty of people don't believe in that anymore either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We do have bigger issues that this, its called injuries and a backline that is missing the calm head of Taylor.

Yeah, I agree... I was referring to Danger getting weeks (i.e. the context of this thread). It's not ideal, but the injuries are a bigger worry. As for the backline, I'll give them a couple more weeks (it's hard for the backs when the mids get smashed like that).

Because the court of public opinion is what actually matters in team sport. It is everything. There is no point being the best if no one thinks you are.
Really? You actually believe that?

Because the court of public opinion is what actually matters in team sport. It is everything. There is no point being the best if no one thinks you are.

Interestingly enough. the court of public opinion in my world (that is, every person I know who follows footy) tells me precisely the opposite of what you have suggested here.

Winners are grinners. It really is as simple as that.

Interestingly enough. the court of public opinion in my world (that is, every person I know who follows footy) tells me precisely the opposite of what you have suggested here.

Winners are grinners. It really is as simple as that.
And the fact you had to go to that court of opinion to get your answer on the topic shows how wrong that statement is.

you need to get your answer from somewhere else that doesn’t involve others to prove my point wrong.

Following team sport is about tribalism. It’s what we replace war with in peace time. It’s about competition and being the better tribe. The ultimate evaluator of who is the best and who is the one worth idolising is the tribes. It’s not the cup or the Brownlow. the Cup and the Brownlow are just the anchors with which the tribes use to come up with their answer but there are nuances around those anchors. a Winner can be a cheat Or lucky or boring. if they are those things they don’t get the praise and adoration and worship that normal winners get. Ultimately we want other tribes to bow at our feet and go yep your tribe and stars are the best. I wish we were like you.

Last edited:
The main board? haha no thanks, I lose IQ every time I venture there, shocking place.

They're still going, 8 pages after the fact. Like a retirement resort for senile war buddies to lament about how awful everyone is but them.

A few good eggs, but a lot of seriously troubled people in there that already have an agenda before they've even made one post.

Sad.

They're still going, 8 pages after the fact. Like a retirement resort for senile war buddies to lament about how awful everyone is but them.

A few good eggs, but a lot of seriously troubled people in there that already have an agenda before they've even made one post.

Sad.
Guys stop using this as an excuse to hide from other supporters. We need you to show support for the club by going to the other boards.

you don’t cheer in silence at a game. Atleast I hope not. Put your views foward. Defend our players. You also might learn some stuff too. The Geelong board is a bubble.

The lower geelong finish on the ladder the better Richmonds 2021 draft pick is as we gave you our 2020 first pick..
0-4 would be a delicious start 🐯

Dude, you realize you're on our board, and now you're getting a little too big for your boots. You've had your fun, but go to the main board or your own board if you want to post more crap, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back