Dangerfield Studs Up

Studs up penalty?

• Nothing in it (play on)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Free Kick to Danger (mark interference)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
I haven't seen this one mentioned much around the traps. I didn't see the game, but only saw one brief comment about the incident at the time and it took a few days before I eventually stumbled across footage of it.
I wasn't expecting it to be much of an incident, but it's probably a bit worse than I was actually expecting. I can only imagine that there would've been a fair bit more of a deal made about this had it been Toby Green.

This isn't a crack at Danger, just a discussion on the incident and whether it warrants at the very least a free kick, or further attention by the MRO.
In my view, it's the second leg action that deems this a deliberate act and worthy of MRO review. Not saying that he was deliberately trying to kick Touk. Just that he was deliberately extending the leg in the hopes that Toul would move out of the way and clear his landing area for an easier mark. There's no way Danger can't see Touk in his peripheral vision there.

Thoughts?

Include me into any posse to hang Dangerfield, any chance I get. 😁

But this one is insufficient force to warrant more than a free kick, though is a clear infringement. And not especially dangerous the way he did it. It doesn’t mean other cases with more force or that cause injury or that contact the head should not be reported though.

Last edited:
Back