MRP / Trib. Dangerfield vs an admittedly deserving De Boer

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond board... But but Dusty got 2 weeks i call bull crap afl keeping Geelong in top 8 and trying to get rid of us :moustache:

My favourite thing on Bigfooty at the moment is Richmond fans arguing an AFL conspiracy against them while simultaneously arguing they're the biggest club in the land. The amount of cognitive dissonance required for them to think the AFL would want anything other than success for Richmond is hilarious.

Glad sense reigned with the Danger decision. If the second hit had connected, absolutely a week or two. It didn't so the Dusty comparison was always a silly one.

Dermie gonna be giving his nostril a pounding trying to recover from his failed attempt to get Danger rubbed out. Poor fella.

My favourite thing on Bigfooty at the moment is Richmond fans arguing an AFL conspiracy against them while simultaneously arguing they're the biggest club in the land. The amount of cognitive dissonance required for them to think the AFL would want anything other than success for Richmond is hilarious.

Glad sense reigned with the Danger decision. If the second hit had connected, absolutely a week or two. It didn't so the Dusty comparison was always a silly one.

Dermie gonna be giving his nostril a pounding trying to recover from his failed attempt to get Danger rubbed out. Poor fella.
He is probably crying in the fetal position along with Richmond fans atm;)

Think Danger got lucky there. The AFL came out hard against strikes off the ball. Danger struck him off the ball. I'm glad he didn't get weeks, but I think we need to give credit where credit's due and admit the MRP were pretty lenient with us on this one.

Think Danger got lucky there. The AFL came out hard against strikes off the ball. Danger struck him off the ball. I'm glad he didn't get weeks, but I think we need to give credit where credit's due and admit the MRP were pretty lenient with us on this one.

Not at all.
Was a blind swipe, hardly an aggressive hit off the ball hard into the guts which is what they are trying to stop.
Probably even a bit harsh to be fined for it...

Different views hey. Thought it was always just a fine- minor contact. Barely worth citing by my reckoning.

Only lucky that his blind swipe did not hurt or make decent contact, but the incident itself was not reportable and was dealt with appropriately. Nothing to answer.

Not at all.
Was a blind swipe, hardly an aggressive hit off the ball hard into the guts which is what they are trying to stop.
Probably even a bit harsh to be fined for it...

Funny you say that, there was a bit of self righteous pontificating on here pre-season about niggling off the ball. Distinctly remember the term epidemic being used and how it had to be stamped out.

But not when Dangerfield does it mysteriously enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny you say that, there was a bit of self righteous pontificating on here pre-season about niggling off the ball. Distinctly remember the term epidemic being used and how it had to be stamped out.

But not when Dangerfield does it mysteriously enough.
I used the term epidemic, but not pre-season, and not about niggling behind the play; it was about the gutless cheap shots around the ball, after the ump free-kicked one of them. 3 or 4 early-season frees, and lo and behold, they have been stamped out.
Holding and niggling (and resultant retaliating) behind the play, in the next county, is another issue altogether. If the umps did their jobs, they would stamp that scragging and niggling out too; then there would have been no Gaff, Martin or Dangerfield incidents, just to cite 3 more recent cases.

I love it when people absolutely lose their s**t on social media over danger getting off (which btw was the correct call)

Short term memories the lot of them, they must’ve forgot Mitchell getting off last year? Dusty the year before? As btw danger got rubbed out for BS and didn’t poll 3 votes against the pies when he was clear BOG.

In Fyfe’s Brownlow year he got off a few too. Clear hatred towards Danger and Geelong just shines right through with these morons.

But yeah, protected species.

I love it when people absolutely lose their s**t on social media over danger getting off (which btw was the correct call)

Short term memories the lot of them, they must’ve forgot Mitchell getting off last year? Dusty the year before? As btw danger got rubbed out for BS and didn’t poll 3 votes against the pies when he was clear BOG.

In Fyfe’s Brownlow year he got off a few too. Clear hatred towards Danger and Geelong just shines right through with these morons.

But yeah, protected species.
Just point them to Hawkins stupid suspensions every year

So if Paddy was all about the inches, what about Esava? I fail to see how accidentally kicking Mummy in the kahunas is termed misconduct. I think it's more to do with tightened sphincter muscles when every bloke in the room watched the footage.

So if Paddy was all about the inches, what about Esava? I fail to see how accidentally kicking Mummy in the kahunas is termed misconduct. I think it's more to do with tightened sphincter muscles when every bloke in the room watched the footage.
It was a pretty sweet ninja kick though. Respect.:thumbsu:

:)

I watched the video heaps of times, from the different angles, it looked to me that De Boer was staging for a free-kick. The first slap in the middle and he buckled over, a few seconds later an open handed brush which touched his head and he almost toppled! The fine was acceptable since Danger transgressed even if it was with the effect of a butterfly, De Boer should have gotten an equal fine for staging.

I watched the video heaps of times, from the different angles, it looked to me that De Boer was staging for a free-kick. The first slap in the middle and he buckled over, a few seconds later an open handed brush which touched his head and he almost toppled! The fine was acceptable since Danger transgressed even if it was with the effect of a butterfly, De Boer should have gotten an equal fine for staging.
One day they may start fining and suspending players for staging/flopping, until they do players will flop/stage more and more eg.. Ben Brown this week

As noted by Daz, the only certainty right now is the Chooklotto that will take place to sort out what happens from here.

The only other certainty would have arisen if it had instead been Toma who threw his arm back at a Giants player in a similar incident.

That would have resulted in immediate deregistration and an expunging of his playing records from the statistical history of the AFL/VFL.

Nothing to worry about

One day they may start fining and suspending players for staging/flopping, until they do players will flop/stage more and more eg.. Ben Brown this week

Brown's was far worse than anything Dangerfield or Martin or anyone else has done. Not the first time either.

Never been a huge fan of Goddard but what he said about that cream puff was spot on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back