Dangerfield Vs Cotchin Vs Fyfe

Who would you have in your side ?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Fyfe easily.

You'd have to be deluded to bring up statistics as to say that the three players are even. Fyfe carries his team most weeks without a sweat.
Fyfe easily this year definitely. But in their career performances to date Danger and Fyfe are even. Don't let Danger's dreadful year weigh it that far against him.

I'd go Fyfe.

Cotchin shouldn't be in this poll.

Agreed, I think Cotchin's recent form rise on the back of Miles introduction to the team highlights he has ball winning and role flexibility deficiencies the others do not. Gun, but not in the same league regarding the ability to solely influence a game.

:eek: my face when i saw the poll results.

Danger over Fyfe...really..?
You have to remember that this poll was done at the end of last year, and Danger was pretty damn impressive. Fyfe is clearly ahead now.

Agreed, I think Cotchin's recent form rise on the back of Miles introduction to the team highlights he has ball winning and role flexibility deficiencies the others do not. Gun, but not in the same league regarding the ability to solely influence a game.

Interesting point mate.

While Miles has definitely helped Cotchin out in the ball winning department, Cotchin still ranks #1 at the club for contested possessions and centre clearances ahead of Miles.

I also think he offers great role flexibility in the sense he can be used as a resting forward during games and can impact the scoreboard quite a bit (21 goals for Fyfe, 18 for Cotchin and 15 I think for Dangerfield). Cotchin has 10 goals in our 7 game winning streak - another bonus of having Miles in the side is Cotchin can now spend more time forward where he's impacting the scoreboard.

In terms of influence on a game, while he might not have the same x factor/highlight reel of Fyfe or Dangerfield, I'd say his influence as captain has been huge in our recent form rise which is something that shouldn't be underrated.

Cotchin has been better than Danger in 2008,10,11,12,14, whereas danger has been better in 2009 and 2013. Both players peaked in 2012 with Cotchin's peak being higher.
Danger 2012 >> Cotchin 2012

Cotchin clearly outdid Danger on the weekend
Dangerfield has been playing injured all year. But you're right, cherry picking one game to suit your argument is fool proof. :oops:

Dangerfield has been playing injured all year. But you're right, cherry picking one game to suit your argument is fool proof. :oops:

hahaha but when we use Cotchin carrying an injury as an excuse for last year it gets shot down :rolleyes:. If he's playing, he's healthy.

Cotch outshone him big time, deal with it.

hahaha but when we use Cotchin carrying an injury as an excuse for last year it gets shot down :rolleyes:. If he's playing, he's healthy.

Cotch outshone him big time, deal with it.
Again cherry picking one game, well done.

Look at the poll champ.
Deal with it!

In 2012:

Cotchin: 16.9 kicks, 10.6 handballs, 27.5 disposals, 4.2 marks, 1.0 goals, 4.9 tackles, 12.4 CP, 14.9 UP, 18.0 effective disp, 65.2%, 2.2 clangers, 5.1 clearnaces
Danger: 15.6 kicks, 11.1 handballs, 26.7 disposals, 4.2 marks, 0.9 goals, 3.1 tackles, 16.1 CP, 11.0 UP, 16.8 effective disp, 62.9%, 3.1 clangers, 6.5 clearances

Pretty much the same. But there's one big difference: Danger ran around unchecked for most of the season while Cotchin had to deal with a tagger in nearly every game (Freo tagged Deledio and the Pies didn't really run a tag back then). Dangerfield had Thommo protecting him most of the season.

Cotchin had the better season and was awarded the Coaches MVP to go along with it (and a 2nd* place in the Brownlow).

Again cherry picking one game, well done.

Look at the poll champ.
Deal with it!

Keep using the injury card to mask your mans poor form this year, solid work "champ"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 2012:

Cotchin: 16.9 kicks, 10.6 handballs, 27.5 disposals, 4.2 marks, 1 goals, 4.9 tackles, 12.4 CP, 14.9 UP, 18.0 effective disp, 65.2%, 2.2 clangers, 5.1 clearnaces

Danger:
15.6 kicks, 11.1 handballs, 26.7 disposals, 4.2 marks, 0.9 goals, 3.1 tackles, 16.1 CP, 11.0 UP, 16.8 effective disp, 62.9%, 3.1 clangers, 6.5 clearances

Beams:
15.8 kicks, 15 handballs, 30.9 disposals, 4.5 marks, 1.2 goals, 4.2 tackles, 11.8CP, 19.2 UP, 73.1% efficiency, 2.2 clangers, 5.9 clearences.

Pretty much the same. But there's one big difference: Danger ran around unchecked for most of the season while Cotchin had to deal with a tagger in nearly every game (Freo tagged Deledio and the Pies didn't really run a tag back then). Dangerfield had Thommo protecting him most of the season.

Cotchin had the better season and was awarded the Coaches MVP to go along with it (and a 2nd* place in the Brownlow).

That's better.

Last edited:
In 2012:

Cotchin: 16.9 kicks, 10.6 handballs, 27.5 disposals, 4.2 marks, 1.0 goals, 4.9 tackles, 12.4 CP, 14.9 UP, 18.0 effective disp, 65.2%, 2.2 clangers, 5.1 clearnaces
Danger: 15.6 kicks, 11.1 handballs, 26.7 disposals, 4.2 marks, 0.9 goals, 3.1 tackles, 16.1 CP, 11.0 UP, 16.8 effective disp, 62.9%, 3.1 clangers, 6.5 clearances

I'm not sure the stats show that. Danger got a much higher proportion of contested touches and won 30% more clearances than Cotchin, that sounds like he was inside the packs more rather than running around unchecked.

I'm not sure the stats show that. Danger got a much higher proportion of contested touches and won 30% more clearances than Cotchin, that sounds like he was inside the packs more rather than running around unchecked.

He was in packs but he didn't have a player shadowing him.

Oh looky an essendon supporter down talking a richmond player in an argument nor he or his team are involved in, how very different

Last edited:
Oh looky an essendon supporter down talking a richmond player in an argument not he or his team are involved in, how very different
I wasn't talking down a Richmond player at all and as someone who is a neutral supporter I. Just suggesting the stats and the assertion were not necessarily cause and effect. FWIW I quite like Cotchin as a player, Dangerfield too.

Neither are close to Fyfe at this stage though and Fyfe has had 2 years less in the system.

fyfe>dangerfield (not by too much)

If Cotchin gets back to his 2012 form and realises that winning games for his team is more important then getting impressive stats, then he will be in the same league as these two

Might help if you knew what you were talking about. I'm pretty sure Cotch would rather win than play selfishly for himself. Has never been like that and because some idiot crapped on about him on big footy it is now considered fact that he is only playing for stats is it?

Might help if you knew what you were talking about. I'm pretty sure Cotch would rather win than play selfishly for himself. Has never been like that and because some idiot crapped on about him on big footy it is now considered fact that he is only playing for stats is it?
:( words hurt man

I judge on what I see. I've seen him play plenty. Noticeable difference between 2012 cotchin and 2014 cotchin.

Back