Dangerfield vs. Cotchin, who will be the better player in 2012 and beyond?

Dangerfield or Cotchin in 2012 and beyond?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just having this debate with a few Richmond supporters in the AA thread, so thought a thread would be a good way to settle this.

If it was between Cotchin and Dangerfield for AA in 2012, who would you pick?
If it was between Cotchin and Dangerfield long term, who would you pick?

Hoping Adelaide and Richmond supporters can at least try to refrain themselves from voting, but have made the poll public so the obvious bias from Richmond and Adelaide supporters can be excluded (as I'm sure some won't be able to resist temptation).

Won't vote as will be seen as bias. Really rate Dangerfield, has that explosiveness that Judd used to have. Tough as nails too and very glad he decided to stay with the crows.

In saying that Cotchin is something else, a natural footballer at his best. Wouldn't trade Cotchin for anyone and very very happy he's a Tiger.

Cotchin gets the ball when no* other player could.

Dangerfield does things with the ball like no* other player could.

Both players get more than their fair share of possessions. I feel like Cotchin's 'special ability' is rarer than Dangerfield's, and I feel like Martin is more of a similar player to Dangerfield.

I honestly don't think there's a player in the league I could accurately compare Cotch to. I'd take him, and I think he's a really rare class player who don't come along often at all.

Dangerfield is a very, very good player, but I just feel he lacks the double X factor Cotchin has. I will admit that I may be biased though.

*Not an all inclusive no, more of a general no other player.

Very very tough one. And one of the better ones. Both will be absolute guns, no doubt. For me though Cotchin is the type of player I like to watch. Dangerfield will have some moments when you think 'WOW, how did he do that?" Cotchin on the other hand is fast becoming Mr Consistent and I think for an up and coming young team like Richmond, that's going to be key!

Ones skillful, ones explosive. Both guns

I'm gonna go dangerfield as I think he will be harder to tag out of a game

Cotchins been tagged for a year and a half now and he goes ok.

Cant go wrong with both players, Cotchin IMO is a player you can build a side around from the ground up, Cotchin is probably to Richmond what Scott Thompson is to Adelaide.

Obvious bias sways me to Cotchin but I wouldn't be to unhappy with Dangerfield.

Not sure how people can call Dangerfield harder!

Not saying Dangerfield isn't hard but seriously have you seen Trent Cotchin attack the footy....at a million miles an hour and is just as hard and tough as Dangerfield.

I wouldn't trade Cotchin for Dangerfield because Cotch is more consistent, has better skills and is going to be our next captain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^ Yep, I definitely agree with that too :thumbsu:

cotchin is in a completely different league then dangerfield. I like dangerfield but cotchin easily. He has his own style and can be the best in the league and probably one of the best that richmond has ever had.

Very very tough choice. I'd take Cotchin. Just a classical, complete footballer. The archetype of the sort of player who should win the Brownlow Medal. My number two pick if I could have any player in the competition (Buddy is too much of a freak to turn down).

Cotchin long term without a shadow of doubt (well a slight doubt on his durability, but that's it).

cotchin and dangerfield together will murder pendles and probably any other top notch player. besides that pendles is only just better then these 2.

Pendlebury's a fair way ahead of both of these boys still, don't go deluding yourself too much just yet.

Nothing bad to say about Dangerfield, but Cotchin is something else. Should go down as one of our greatest all time players I think.

Cotchin. Both have been as good as each other this year but Cotchin has been doing it for longer.

Sloane v Dangerfield would be a very interesting poll.

someone make this! if i could i would, as its something that i wonder about, also the obvious fight for the next adelaide captain that is between these two.....

Back