Review Dangerfield: What's up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Would like to know how many left foot to right foot kicks he made this year... seemed to kick an awful lot on his left which wouldnt have helped his clanger count...
i noticed that too, particularly since he had his knee issues

Contested poss/clearance players all tend to have lower DE than those outside runners who feed on the lush green grass. The question is, what is the DE of players like SoG, Rockliff etc...

I dont doubt that.
But a lot of his kicks when he has burst clear from the contest still miss by some metres

We really need to have a good hard think about how we use danger.

I think we need to ask, what is the absolute most dangerous (no pun intended) thing danger could be doing for us. We then build the rest of the midfield around enabling danger to do this very thing.

At present, I'd argue that being our number 1 contested ball winner is potentially not the most dangerous thing he could be doing.

We really need to have a good hard think about how we use danger.

I think we need to ask, what is the absolute most dangerous (no pun intended) thing danger could be doing for us. We then build the rest of the midfield around enabling danger to do this very thing.

At present, I'd argue that being our number 1 contested ball winner is potentially not the most dangerous thing he could be doing.

I agree. You look at Crouch x2, Thompson, Lyons, Wright, and to a degree Douglas, Sloane and Grigg are quite good at winning the contested ball. At the minute they have very few to feed it to.
Work with what we have which is good inside player and let Danger run free on the outside.

I think we should be looking for a key defender and a round 1 pick for him. Unless you know you're going to sign him for 2016, he's worth this.

Danger is league 1st for Contested Possessions, 3rd for Clearances, 3rd for Hardball Gets, 4th for Inside 50s, 16th for Handballs,17th for Total Possessions, 23rd for Metres Gained. You just don't contemplate trading this sort of elite football, even if his delivery needs improving. What I don't want to see is a future thread titled - 'Dangerfield is Gone':straining:

This is what makes free agency such a good thing. Clubs no longer get to think they own the players, and get to decide on their behalf what's good for them

If danger doesn't want to stay our choice to "not trade" him is irrelevant

This is what makes free agency such a good thing. Clubs no longer get to think they own the players, and get to decide on their behalf what's good for them

If danger doesn't want to stay our choice to "not trade" him is irrelevant

Yep. If Danger doesn't want to stay and ultimately goes, it will cut the club to the quick and put us back years. The then comparison with Port/Boak will be inevitable. The pride and stature fall-out, both local and interstate, will be immense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back