Review Dangerfield: What's up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldnt disagree more. If i was doing the Triple M Footy BonAirs. He'd get the 3. And not the good ones
He kicked the footy at 61%.
The lowest of ANY of our players.
Contested situations don't help the stat don't they

Couldnt disagree more. If i was doing the Triple M Footy BonAirs. He'd get the 3. And not the good ones
He kicked the footy at 61%.
The lowest of ANY of our players.
I'm surprised his efficiency was even that high, but game pressure was low, allowing more of those chip kicks..
His kicks going forward though were pretty bad..
And they weren't in contests, he was just running alone and shanked the hell out of them..

Be nice if they can clean up his disposal, his damage on the opposition could go to competition highs..

Contested situations don't help the stat don't they

6/10 of his kicks were ineffective though.
Long bomb kicks to contest still register as effective.

His disposal and decision making is deplorable and whether it is just sticking out to me more and more or its actually the case. Its only getting worse.

If you were Tex and Eddie up forward and saw the Footy in his hands, you would just stay still and wait to see where the shank went rather than lead and then have to double back because the kick went te wrong way

I don't know why people are complaining they want patty to have more outside run he had that last night but now people are abusing him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please just get Paddy right for a big year next year cos this has been a shocker.

Great, forget Lever Durdin or Goddard. Lets draft Usain Bolt
We've judged him too harshly this year when he clearly isn't right. Just hope he gets a big pre season to get fit and get rid of all the niggles and injuries. Needs to play more outside though.

Should Danger play predominantly forward?

He is a good kick from the set shot, has great hands in the marking contest, too quick on the lead for anyone.

Compliments Walker, Betts and Cameron nicely (different types of player)

It would allow an on-baller to rest when the ball is in the forward 50 while Danger can be the contested ball beast we know he is for less of the game. (kind of like having a forward who can ruck the forward 50 arc)

Also gives credence to keeping our contested ball brigade of Crouch brothers and Lyons.

It would definitely extend his career !!

We've judged him too harshly this year when he clearly isn't right. Just hope he gets a big pre season to get fit and get rid of all the niggles and injuries. Needs to play more outside though.

Then you need to question why he has been playing. Is it the coaches, or is it Danger being selfish and refusing to sit a few games out?

Should Danger play predominantly forward?

He is a good kick from the set shot, has great hands in the marking contest, too quick on the lead for anyone.

Compliments Walker, Betts and Cameron nicely (different types of player)

It would allow an on-baller to rest when the ball is in the forward 50 while Danger can be the contested ball beast we know he is for less of the game. (kind of like having a forward who can ruck the forward 50 arc)

Also gives credence to keeping our contested ball brigade of Crouch brothers and Lyons.

It would definitely extend his career !!

I do sometimes wonder what Danger could do if he played permanently forward and we learnt to utilise him well. He is obviously a nightmare match up with his speed on the lead, his ability once the ball hits the deck and his overhead marking - which I think is an underrated part of his game.

Also playing forward would minimise the need for decision making and pinpoint disposal. Really becomes as simple as get ball, kick it through the middle for a lot of the time. I think that suits Danger pretty well.

IMO didn't have a very good year. Stats wise he compared with the best of the contested mids. But his effectiveness on games was, for the most part, not very high.

Niggles played a part as well as the borderline illegal attention he receives when going for the ball.

The obvious negative was that his kicking got worse. I used to defend it because he was capable of hitting up targets but was just inconsistent. This season you could be almost certain that his kick will not hit the target. Wasted a ridiculous amount of forward entries.

I actually think towards the end of the year he found more space on the outside like the coaches were looking for. This off season his main focus you be kicking on the run, especially to leads in the forward 50.

I'm not a danger basher. He's my favourite player. Just my opinion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back