Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

DANGERZONE123

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm a little curious. After articles like these: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...coach-neil-craig/story-e6frecj3-1226100866732 rumours of Dangerfield leaving is gathering force. With Craigo's imminent departure, and the possibility of Dangerfield leaving to a Victorian club, I was curious of his value on the trade market. Proper trades though, and mods please don't allow this thread to be turned into a Dangerfield potential =?= achievement bashing thread.

IMO his hype far exceeds his output so far considering he only averages 14 possessions a game and the jury is out as to whether he has the motor to become an AFL midfielder. But he is a young player who has proven he is easily AFL standard who is yet to reach his peak so I'd say he would be worth a pick in the 10-20 range.

Dangerfield is under contract next year so its a non-issue

Danger has also since come ot and said that he has a strong relationship with Craigy and the decision on Craigy's future will not affect his decision on his next contract

case close

There is no way the crows would trade dangerfield unless he walked out. They will do every thing to keep him, and like the whole baseless discussions this year on Rich walking out on the lions this has the same feel to it

Dangerfield is under contract next year so its a non-issue

Danger has also since come ot and said that he has a strong relationship with Craigy and the decision on Craigy's future will not affect his decision on his next contract

case close

Heard the same thing, but things do change ;). Was just trying to gauge his value if the unfortunate event were to occur.

Not going anywhere. Value at this point is speculative and would be highly spread on peoples opinion on his potential. Regardless, it's a moot point.

wont happen unless its a top 10 pick or swap for a good midfielder

Melbourne based teams will throw money at him no doubt.

Still think that only Geelong's probably got a realistic chance at him because of the go home factor.

Adelaide would probably ask for either Menzel or Varcoe as a minimum.

Dangerfield and Menzel are similarish sort of players, albeit Dangerfield has more pace off the mark. Varcoe's been pretty inconsistent this season, and questions have to be asked whether he can become an A grade midfielder, fantastic finisher around goals though.

I'd probably offer our 1st rounder (25 or so) or Mackie straight up, and see where the discussions go from there.

Melbourne based teams will throw money at him no doubt.

Still think that only Geelong's probably got a realistic chance at him because of the go home factor.

Adelaide would probably ask for either Menzel or Varcoe as a minimum.

Dangerfield and Menzel are similarish sort of players, albeit Dangerfield has more pace off the mark. Varcoe's been pretty inconsistent this season, and questions have to be asked whether he can become an A grade midfielder, fantastic finisher around goals though.

I'd probably offer our 1st rounder (25 or so) or Mackie straight up, and see where the discussions go from there.

As much as I think he will stay, I sure hope Geelong make a move for him in this coming trade period.

I would assume that Menzel would be completely untouchable... regardless, I don't think that we would need to trade him to get Danger into the hoops.

I would like to think think that Geelong would use their their compo first round Ablett pick. When looking at this in addition to the fact that other Vic clubs may be less willing to trade a first round pick in a strong draft would give us an advantage over them (as we have 2). I also assume Danger would pick Geelong as his preffered option...

From an Adelaide point of view, they receive a first round pick in a strong draft (2012) and have a real crack at a mini re build in which they require.

Do you Adelaide supporters think this compo pick is realistically enough?

Perhaps throwing in an exchange of our 2nd round for Adelaide's 3rd could get it done...

Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

way overated by the public in adelaide, worth only 15-25 in a draft but adelaide would want the world for him. he has moments of brilliance but he has long periods where he doesnt make any impact on a game.

the club would demand a 1st pick + player. im not saying he's worth that, but that's what the club will want.

young, agressive and can turn the game on its head. exactly what adelaide needs now going forth. will be a future captain if he remains.

What level of player are we talking?

To me, given the strength of the 2012 draft, a compo pick (which would likely be top 10) is getting pretty close to Dangerfield's value before one talks about players involved anyway.

Although I can see why Adelaide would want more for a young player who definitely has so much potential, based on where he's at right now that's about what he's worth.

One paced, injury prone, kicking can be suspect, massively overhyped.

on face value yeah but the potential is there once he gets the miles in his legs, in the right set up he would be invaluable.

I wonder if a 3 way trade for Ben Kennedy is on the cards with GWS.

If GWS took Daisy Thomas we could on trade the two 1st round picks the AFL will give for compensation

He has not been going anywhere in 2011, a big disappointment.

Much like 95% of all Adelaide players this year

I would hold back judgement for now, as i would love to see what a new coach can do for his game. He needs more consistency, without doubt. But lets see if a new coach can make him a smarter player and fill the potential

One paced, injury prone, kicking can be suspect, massively overhyped.

One paced. LOL.

Injury prone? Not to soft tissue injuries, most of his injuries have been impact becuase he's so hard at it. Much like Roo when he was younger, he needs to curb that and stop using his body as a battering ram and be a smarter player and get some more outside ball and use his pace to burn off his opponents

Kicking can be suspect, but you didn't answer the question of what you think he'd be worth

IMO, i think he'll stay, BUT if we were to trade him at the end of this year, i would want a pick in the 10-15 range, or another decent midfielder with a 2nd or 3rd rounder depending on their age and how good they are

Remove this Banner Ad

Back