Scandal Dani Laidley Arrested - Leave the Tasteless Jokes at the Door When Entering

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Yes I understand that, but I am still not satisfied that redress for the stalked lady has been addressed. By that I mean, does she wake up and think 'the State stuffed up my case, I better seek self recovery and comfort myself, as the State won't?'

I am not a lawyer but I imagine it is difficult to prove the victim suffered as a result of the Police messing up. Laidley she could sue for sure.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Made a joke about the OB-GYN liking his fingers after conducting an internal exam...I think Lee Montagna brought up an internal exam his wife had for their soon to be born child...in the midst of a pre-game segment...it was bizzaro world all round to be honest
I’d forgotten that! Holy s**t that was weird. And disgusting by Hall. But it was a super strange moment to raise the matter anyway

Nov 24, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
One charge was dropped by prosecutors during a contested hearing in Melbourne Magistrates' Court, but his lawyers argued there was no case for him to answer on five others.

The charges had alleged he offered commentary on Ms Laidley's charges and appearance, including that she was "now a full blown ice head and trans".

Magistrate Samantha Poulter on Tuesday found Senior Constable Gentner had not acted contrary to his duties as a police officer, as alleged.

"The disclosure did not impede crime prevention, detection, pursuit of offenders or the like," she said.

"On that basis I find that the prosecution has not established a legal duty not to disclose the information in those circumstances."

In his interview with investigators, Senior Constable Gentner said he considered discussions within the WhatsApp group to be private and did not consider he had done anything wrong.

He also said he would still access a photo of Ms Laidley "100 times out of 100" but regretted having done so now because of the "s***storm" that followed.

"Whoever has leaked this out of the circle of us as police — the words I have are probably not fit to be recorded," he said.

"We've all done the wrong thing, there's huge errors of judgment in this whole thing, that's apparent, but that to me is a huge break of trust out of our circle."

What the actual puck

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
One charge was dropped by prosecutors during a contested hearing in Melbourne Magistrates' Court, but his lawyers argued there was no case for him to answer on five others.

The charges had alleged he offered commentary on Ms Laidley's charges and appearance, including that she was "now a full blown ice head and ******".

Magistrate Samantha Poulter on Tuesday found Senior Constable Gentner had not acted contrary to his duties as a police officer, as alleged.

"The disclosure did not impede crime prevention, detection, pursuit of offenders or the like," she said.

"On that basis I find that the prosecution has not established a legal duty not to disclose the information in those circumstances."

In his interview with investigators, Senior Constable Gentner said he considered discussions within the WhatsApp group to be private and did not consider he had done anything wrong.

He also said he would still access a photo of Ms Laidley "100 times out of 100" but regretted having done so now because of the "s***storm" that followed.

"Whoever has leaked this out of the circle of us as police — the words I have are probably not fit to be recorded," he said.

"We've all done the wrong thing, there's huge errors of judgment in this whole thing, that's apparent, but that to me is a huge break of trust out of our circle."

What the actual puck

It's telling that the police down here are happy to say things like that.

So it's not his fault for sharing it with his circle of mates it's the mate that shared it outside his group of mates.. :drunk:

Wow. The absence of self-awareness is staggering.

Walk a thousand miles in another man's shoes.

Having been privvy to what some of the pretty dark material coppers share amongst each other, it is very clear (rightly or wrongly) that this is how many of them cope with the crap they have to put up with everyday.

Picking up eyeballs off the road after car crashes, dealing with murder suicides or child rapes - these chat groups are what keep a lot of them sane.

Walk a thousand miles in another man's shoes.

Having been privvy to what some of the pretty dark material coppers share amongst each other, it is very clear (rightly or wrongly) that this is how many of them cope with the crap they have to put up with everyday.

Picking up eyeballs off the road after car crashes, dealing with murder suicides or child rapes - these chat groups are what keep a lot of them sane.

This bloke seems to think he did nothing wrong, not that he did the wrong thing as a result of the trauma he is exposed to in his job.

If cops can't cope unless they invade the privacy of other citizens, then they need to agitate for better mental health resources or quit.

End of.

Life is so simple
So we turn a blind eye while they pass around sensitive images of people? Poor coppers can't get by without the right to invade people's privacy for their own amusement!

WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE COPPERS!?

Not comparable to stalking a woman though.

One tasteless joke about a woman got him booted out of the game

Carey I will give you though

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Hall's media career was already fading by that point tbh. BT has said some dumb s**t too over the journey but maintained his job.

thedank

All Australian
Mar 2, 2019
Meth City
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Perth
Do meth, stalk someone and receive a payout? Lmao Deano has got the whole world figured out
You missed something in your summary.

Just a small thing, really.

It's a common belief. "If you are in this set of people we don't like, you don't deserve rights or the protection of the law. Only angels get that. Angels are anointed by us."

thedank

All Australian
Mar 2, 2019
Meth City
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Perth
You missed something in your summary.

Just a small thing, really.

It's a common belief. "If you are in this set of people we don't like, you don't deserve rights or the protection of the law. Only angels get that. Angels are anointed by us."
Has been that way since the dawn of man and will remain that way until the end of man, the only thing that changes is which group are considered 'the angels'

Back