Daniel Andrews Resigns

Remove this Banner Ad

What's not to understand? When it started the COVID pandemic threw out so many unknowns. Could there have been a catastrophic death toll? Maybe. If the entire workforce got sick would it cripple the economy in its entirety? Maybe.

Hindsight tells a far different story than any amount of foresight. Telling the story as it was rather than what it might be.

Again, what's not to understand?
Yep, just as well he shut down all those play grounds and ignored the suicides and torpedoed businesses , top job!

What's not to understand? When it started the COVID pandemic threw out so many unknowns. Could there have been a catastrophic death toll? Maybe. If the entire workforce got sick would it cripple the economy in its entirety? Maybe.

Hindsight tells a far different story than any amount of foresight. Telling the story as it was rather than what it might be.

Again, what's not to understand?
Yes when 6 of my friends aged 22, 23, 24, 25, 25 and 27 committed suicide during the 2 years of lockdowns back then I always thought Dan and Brett Sutton were doing a fantastic job! The 8pm curfew in particular was a stroke of genius!

Those critical of him - is it purely the COVID lockdown and the continuing economic fallout from that which has you so embittered? I think many mistakes were made, but its only with the benefit of hindsight that we really know the depth of it.

I still don't feel bitter.

Yes.

Plus hes an arrogant bastard.

Yes when 6 of my friends aged 22, 23, 24, 25, 25 and 27 committed suicide during the 2 years of lockdowns back then I always thought Dan and Brett Sutton were doing a fantastic job! The 8pm curfew in particular was a stroke of genius!

That's terrible. Genuinely sorry to hear of your losses there.

That is terrible but I don't know of any friends or family in Vic who committed suicide at that time.

Pros / Cons of Andrews aside as I have no skin in the fight, it is a dick move for premiers to resign (presuming he doesn't have a serious health issue) within their term. Didn't even last a year of the 4 year term he was elected for. Last two premiers have done that down here and you get stuck with the next idiot in the queue decided by the party instead of the electorate.

Pros / Cons of Andrews aside as I have no skin in the fight, it is a dick move for premiers to resign (presuming he doesn't have a serious health issue) within their term. Didn't even last a year of the 4 year term he was elected for. Last two premiers have done that down here and you get stuck with the next idiot in the queue decided by the party instead of the electorate.
I reckon Palaszczuk will be gone before the end of term as well.

She's the last remaining covid Premier now

That is terrible but I don't know of any friends or family in Vic who committed suicide at that time.
Varies between everyone I suppose. My mum lost part of her hearing in one ear after contracting covid the first time around, which to my knowledge hasn't been a well-documented side effect unlike the loss of taste. Still has issues with it almost 2 years later.

On the other hand I still haven't had Covid yet despite working in the education system throughout.

Plenty of my friends are in a similar basket to you though Chief, barely affected them and they didn't have anyone close to them who struggled with the toll of the lockdowns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Irrespective of my own gripes with him is there any information circulating as to why such a sudden departure?

Seems like a very odd time to do it and to be finishing up a day after the public announcement shocked me a bit. In most cases would lead me to believe theres an investigation or scandal about to drop but haven't even heard any cooker rumours related to his sudden resignation.

Irrespective of my own gripes with him is there any information circulating as to why such a sudden departure?

Seems like a very odd time to do it and to be finishing up a day after the public announcement shocked me a bit. In most cases would lead me to believe theres an investigation or scandal about to drop but haven't even heard any cooker rumours related to his sudden resignation.
Gives his successor a good couple of years to put their stamp on things before the next election.

Those critical of him - is it purely the COVID lockdown and the continuing economic fallout from that which has you so embittered? I think many mistakes were made, but its only with the benefit of hindsight that we really know the depth of it.

I feel like he continued the lockdowns far too long and it was purely to protect himself politically, he'd been so all in on the lockdowns that backing down would have been political suicide. I'm not sure if I really blame him as i see him as a career politician in it for his own gain, but yeah I'm critical because it ****ed our economy and a lot of people's lives.

I had no real issues with the lockdowns or what he did during covid in general.

The power clearly went to his head though , there is a smugness about him that's pretty unlikeable and he isn't leaving the state in a good place.

He won the 2022 election after COVID in a land slide with an increased majority.
That victory felt like more of a statement of the incompetence of the Liberals than one complimentary of Dan's or Labor's leadership.

Politics in VIC definitely needs some serious worK

That victory felt like more of a statement of the incompetence of the Liberals than one complimentary of Dan's or Labor's leadership.

Politics in VIC definitely needs some serious worK
Maybe his legacy will be the death of the Vic Libs although that's looking a bit like suicide at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back