s668067098_538602_982.jpg

Height: 184

Weight: 82

Date of Birth: 20th January 1989

Nickname:

Contract Details: Delisted end of 2008

Position: Midfielder/defender

SANFL Club: Central District

Recruited From: Murray U18 (Pick 31 in the 2008 Rookie Draft)

Career Games: 0

Career Goals: 0

Draft Pick: 2007 Rookie draft

More info on Daniel Boyle

Blair Hartley said: “He’s a running half-back and a former national 100m and 200m sprint champion as a 12-year-old. He’s got plenty of upside. He uses the ball well, has a really nice kick, runs well off half back and is a hard trainer so we’re looking forward to getting him over from the Murray Bushrangers. He played in the TAC U18 Grand Final and really picked up his form in the second half of year, and is a good person as well.

Daniel was delisted at the end of 2008 without playing a game.

Re: Daniel Boyle

Looks a man-child in the Brent Guerra mold. Physically he should fit straight into SANFL league footy. Looks to have a no-nonsense approach to his footy at training. Interesting one to see how he develops through the SANFL.

Re: #43 Daniel Boyle

Noticed in the club's yearbook that Daniel's nickname is Raelene. Great nickname for a former national junior (u/12) 100m and 200m sprint champion.

Not sure if he brought the nickname over with him but probably Arny or Choco or mabey Rhode gave it to him if he picked it up at Alberton. They would have seen Boyle in her prime, probably the only ones in the playing or coaching group. Most of our squad was born after her last race, the 400m at the Brizvegas Comm Games in 1982 and just about everyone else would be to young to have seen her or remember seeing her run.

Read a review of Boyle in the local Northern Messenger in the Rd 1 game v Port describing him as showing plenty of pace and unbridled aggression at the ball and body. Sounds promising (didn't help him keep his spot this week tho). Was reported in the Port game too.

Hows Daniel Boyle going?

hey port fans just wondering how is boyley goin? played a lil bit of footy wit him and against him and was wondering how is he travelling? is he a chance to go on the senior list soon?
and just a brief rundown on how he has been progresssing this year that wud be great!!
cheers

He has played 3 or 4 League matches for Centrals this year, we are now at round 10 and Centrals a the reigning premiers, so to crack the league side of a Premiership winning side is a great achievement! Won't get upgraded this year, Probably wont get up graded at the end of the year. But I hope to god he is given another year on the rookie list! He will be a good Bea Waters, Shannon Hurn sort of Depth player, An extra year on the Rookie list wouldn't hurt either, as the Draft Consessions are going to weaken the draft pool...

Pros: Aggression, Courage, Speed
Cons: Awareness, Disposal

Don't know about the strength of this year's draft, but I don't think we can afford to let players of his type go at the moment.

I'd like for us to keep him for a year.

We have plenty of other guys who will be delisted/traded from the combined senior and rookie lists.

Gavin Groose will be released this year as he has had 3 years on the Rookie list this year and I can't see us taking him on the senior list, the Ryan Willits story I am unsure about, can we keep him? Is he to old? this is his third year on our list, but only his first on the rookie list? Nick Salter, I can see us upgrading him this year, if we dont, can we keep him as a Rookie? He is on his last year because of age, but with new team entering the camp, they may slightly relax the ruling! Daniel Boyle I think should be retained on the rookie list, at worste we have the room for one rookie listed player next year, as we have two NSW schoolars, at best, Nick Salter is an AFL player next year Ryan Willits dominates for West Adelaide and is re drafted end of 2009 and we pick up three new rookies!

this is only grose's 2nd year as a rookie not third. boyle has been doing well this season but has had injury which is holding him back

Gavin Groose will be released this year as he has had 3 years on the Rookie list this year and I can't see us taking him on the senior list, the Ryan Willits story I am unsure about, can we keep him? Is he to old? this is his third year on our list, but only his first on the rookie list? Nick Salter, I can see us upgrading him this year, if we dont, can we keep him as a Rookie? He is on his last year because of age, but with new team entering the camp, they may slightly relax the ruling! Daniel Boyle I think should be retained on the rookie list, at worste we have the room for one rookie listed player next year, as we have two NSW schoolars, at best, Nick Salter is an AFL player next year Ryan Willits dominates for West Adelaide and is re drafted end of 2009 and we pick up three new rookies!

Yes Grose is probably gone which is unfortunate. Willits has been ordinary in the last month for West Adelaide, i think he'll be delisted off the rookie list and not retained on the main list. He simply hasn't shown enough in 3 years. Boyle i think is 50/50 to be retained on the rookie list. As for Salter, i'm surprised that he can only have one year as a rookie due to his age, i was under the impression it was a 2 year arrangement. If he can stay on our rookie list, i think he'll stay on there for another year.

Maybe someone can confirm re whether or not he can remain a rookie for another year..

Last I heard rookie list eligibility was 18-23yo and Salter turns 21 on 30 July 2008, obviously then 22 next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

each rookie is contracted for only 1 year and after that delisted, upgraded to main list or kept as rookie for another year

Pride myself at remembering players from the entire AFL era. Can humbly say I had totally forgotten this name.

Pride myself at remembering players from the entire AFL era. Can humbly say I had totally forgotten this name.

Me too - but WTF was a Daniel Boyle.:eek:

Had a fairly decent year for Centrals that year. Grew as the year went on. Big well built kid, great leg. Just had a few injuries that stopped him from playing more in the league side.

The only two players I cant remember are Don Webb and Tim Masierowski. I have no clue at all about either of those two.

Who the hell is Don Webb?

Masierowski I think was a Centrals fringe player, may have even started at another SANFL club first (North or Port perhaps).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back