Daniel Flynn

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn he was fast. I remember him taking a couple of bounces at Alberton and I honestly thought the guy chasing him was gonna burst with effort but the gap between them kept growing. Fastest person with a footy in hand I have ever seen. And that bump was sensational ( not for the guy he hit though).

People grow and mature and priorities change definitely worth asking the question.

lol that's an I wanna go home face if ever I've seen one
FLYNN%20Daniel.png
That's how my dog looks at me when I haven't taken him for a walk in a few days

Good on him, don't blame him for getting homesick when home is a 30 hour flight away. Ireland is a beautiful place with a uniquely close community.

Wish he didn't waste our time but happy to see him do well over there.

Have followed Port for 45 years, dont think I have seen a quicker player ( including Hofner Tregenza Bradley Wanganeen etc)
He could kick a ball 50 metres and hit a target no problem ( unlike a lot of Australian born players who still cant !)
Like a lot of the Irish players in the AFL he was as tough as they come.
Could have been a star.

Bugger he was so homesick he had something, we'll always have the Albertron melee
It looks as if he has had Banzo.

It comes from some African language, and it is one of my favourite words in Portuguese. It is the disease caused by homesickness; and it may be lethal.

I wonder if we keep in contact?

His Grandpa passing was the tipping point I’d suggest.

Perhaps maturity and time will want him exploring a second chance?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally think the ship has sailed. He'll go from a Gaelic star to a Cat Z rookie again, probably doesn't even remember the rules (and those he does have probably changed anyway). Plus the strong risk he'd get homesick again.

But I'd hope and am sure we stay in touch, you never know if he has some equally talented little cousins with more of a taste for travel.

Is his younger brother, Neil, who also plays for Kildare, just as fast and skillful?

Just imagine a Flynn brother on each wing...
I can just picture them both running recklessly in opposite directions only to barrel straight into each other and self combust.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back