Roast Daniel Giansiracusa as an assistant coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a sec mate

I can't stand Gia as a player or coach but he has had several blokes out for parts of the year.

Libba has been a mess
Wallis coming back from injury
Bonts hipis farked
Smith has been poor
Dunkley out
Jong plying at the start of the year was part of the problem

So not to defend him but he hasn't had a full squad to work with either

What's the deal with Bont's hip? I've heard rumours.

We aren't afraid to pull the trigger to improve. Those that are pinning a lot of blame on Gia, should remember this. If he truly was costing us games, he wouldn't have been in the position at seasons end. Fact.

Not really.

You've just taken one other situation which could have had extenuating circumstances and then said it must apply to every other coach from that point.

Writing 'fact' at the end doesn't really convert speculation about another coach to a pattern within the football club.

The club actually received some pretty poor backlash from the Montgomery situation and would probably prefer that didn't repeat itself. That's just my opinion.

Not really.

You've just taken one other situation which could have had extenuating circumstances and then said it must apply to every other coach from that point.

Writing 'fact' at the end doesn't really convert speculation about another coach to a pattern within the football club.

The club actually received some pretty poor backlash from the Montgomery situation and would probably prefer that didn't repeat itself. That's just my opinion.

What backlash? Media? Irrelevant really when you consider the end result.

Have heard Dale glowingly praise Gia and credit him with helping him improve. He may move on next season and may change roles again, but to suggest he is performing poorly and the reason we lost games, as some have, is no less speculatory than suggesting he'd already be moved on if he performed poorly.

Personally I think if we identified Gia as an issue and that issue was costing us games, Bev, Gordon and co. Would be negligent in their role not to act. Just like if a Player is costing us games.

Bump.

Its basically approaching 2017 levels of poor out of the centre square this year and our kickout defense and kickouts when we have the ball are genuinely awful aswell.

Currently 14th in centre clearance average and we're getting murdered by the 15th ranked team. Soon to be 16th. That's never going to compete in finals and its been the same the past two years. Well, almost, we were dead last in 2017, so I guess we're improving.

Wonder what sort of performance review this guy will get.

Shouldn't have been smashed in the middle like that tonight.

The disappointing thing is we've beaten much better clearance sides previously, e.g. Melbourne.

My theory remains that we're much better at planning for getting smashed in the ruck than we are planning for breaking even. Our centre bounce setups turn to dust too often when the ruckmen are breaking even.

Bump.

Its basically approaching 2017 levels of poor out of the centre square this year and our kickout defense and kickouts when we have the ball are genuinely awful aswell.

Currently 14th in centre clearance average and we're getting murdered by the 15th ranked team. Soon to be 16th. That's never going to compete in finals and its been the same the past two years. Well, almost, we were dead last in 2017, so I guess we're improving.

Wonder what sort of performance review this guy will get.

Out the door. We need to be better. The ease of those centre clearances was mind boggling.

Great servant of the club, but we need a change.

The ease with which the Hawks took the ball out of the centre, especially in the second half, was pretty distressing. However it doesn't help when you're missing 4 of your key midfielders. And your gun midfielder is playing at 70% due to injury.

If we had a fully fit Bont, Macrae, McLean, Dahl, Williams, Libba, Picken, Hunter, Wallis and Dunkley rotating through midfield it would have been a bit different. Four and a half of them were unavailable.

That's not to defend Gia, it's just to look at the slightly bigger picture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ash Hansen

Seriously our forward line looks even worse under this guy than gia.

We cannot generate any scores once the ball spills from the pack.
No one can bloody provide any leads.

I just laughed ( coz I really wanted to cry ) watching Cordy ruck.
another mind numbing plan.
Tells me the result is not that important .
If they do it again and Cordy gets badly hurt , someone's head should roll .

Ash Hansen

Seriously our forward line looks even worse under this guy than gia.

We cannot generate any scores once the ball spills from the pack.
No one can bloody provide any leads.
I’ve been critical of our forward line a lot in the past but I think it’s improving a fair bit. The most dangerous we’ve looked over the last 3 weeks is when we’ve actually looked to score which is new.

Hansen and Gias locker contents would be sitting outside Whitten ovals doors the day after our last game this year.

If they are coaching next year lock in bottom 4.

I just laughed ( coz I really wanted to cry ) watching Cordy ruck.
another mind numbing plan.
Tells me the result is not that important .
If they do it again and Cordy gets badly hurt , someone's head should roll .

Beveridge’s?

Last edited:
The ease with which the Hawks took the ball out of the centre, especially in the second half, was pretty distressing. However it doesn't help when you're missing 4 of your key midfielders. And your gun midfielder is playing at 70% due to injury.

If we had a fully fit Bont, Macrae, McLean, Dahl, Williams, Libba, Picken, Hunter, Wallis and Dunkley rotating through midfield it would have been a bit different. Four and a half of them were unavailable.

That's not to defend Gia, it's just to look at the slightly bigger picture.

Add to this the fact that we don't have a single AFL quality ruck on the list. I'd hate to have Gia's job this year. It's also a bit sad that as soon as things go bad people start calling for Gia's head, but when we match Geelong with our second tier midfielders while conceding 2+ years of age and experience he gets zero credit.

Add to this the fact that we don't have a single AFL quality ruck on the list. I'd hate to have Gia's job this year. It's also a bit sad that as soon as things go bad people start calling for Gia's head, but when we match Geelong with our second tier midfielders while conceding 2+ years of age and experience he gets zero credit.
I’m no Gia fan but this is a good point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back